Sequel: I Wish
Status: Currently Writing!

The Mess I Made

Your Guardian Angel

That night I decided to skip the concert. It's not like I told them I would be there. I just told them that I would see them later. It's not like I broke a promise or anything so why do I feel so guilty?

Maybe it's because no one knows the whole truth about what else happened that night besides Michael and I. It's not like I'm lying to them. I just found out myself and it's not like anyone's asked about it but why would they? They only think of it as the night that Nikki died or even the night where everything changed but one more thing happened. That was also the night that Nikki was raped. It's the night where she lost her innocence.

Just thinking about it makes my skin crawl. If I knew that night I would've done something to Steven. I don't know what exactly but he would definitely get what's coming to him. I may not have been there that night but I'm here now. He's going to wish he never laid a hand on my sister.

-x-

Once I got home from my parents house I went back to my appartment. It was empty and cold. You would think that I was still moving stuff in because I didn't have much. In the living room alone there was only a couch. I bet you could imagine what the rest of the house looked like.

I laid back on the couch and stared at the ceiling. I was still wired up from the day's events so I knew there was no way I would be able to fall asleep no matter how much I wanted to.

It was a little after midnight when my phone began ringing. The name Cameron flashed on my cell phone screen. I picked up the phone and pressed the answer button.

"Hello?"

"Where'd you disappear to earlier?" I could here quite a few voices in the background. He was probably still at the venue.

"I went to go visit my parents..."

The line got quiet, "How'd it go?"

"Pretty good, considering that my mom wasn't there."

"How's your dad doing?"

"He's doing as good as he can be doing."

"I don't know whether to say that's good or not."

"It's okay..."

"I-uh-I just wanted to ask if you wanted to go to the beach tomorrow with us? We don't have a show tomorrow and we wont have to drive to L.A until late afternoon."

"I'll be there around 2." I could hear the voices grow louder. A few of them were shouting the name Cameron, "I should probably let you go."

"Yeah, the fans are getting a little restless." he chuckled, "Goodnight Skyelynn. Sweet dreams."

"Night Cam." I hung up the phone and let out a sigh.

I felt numb. No matter how hard I tried I couldn't bring myself to laugh or even smile. Just by hearing Cameron's voice I would normally perk up but not this time...Maybe I'm just tired. I don't know. Maybe tomorrow will be better.

-x-

The next morning I woke up by the sound of someone pouding on my door. I put the pillow over my head but the noise only got louder.

"I'm coming!" I checked the clock on my phone. It read 2:30, "Shit." I scrambled to the door and opened it. Cameron stood there in green swim trunks and a wife beater. His hair was slightly wavy due to the humidity in the air. Cameron's face dropped a bit when he noticed that I was still in the same clothes from the day before.

"You know what time it is right?"

"Don't remind me." I grumbled.

"Aren't you going to ask me to come in?"

I glared and bowed, "Come in your royal highness."

He let out a laugh and walked in, "Nice place you have here."

"You don't have to lie. I know it's kind of pitiful."

"I'm not lying." I shot him a look, "Okay maybe just a bit but that's a nice couch you got there."

I rolled my eyes, "Make yourself at home. I'm going to go change."

I walked into my bedroom and went straight towards the closet. This room had a little bit more than the living room. There was a small bed and a desk off into the corner. There were a few boxes lying around and a few suitcases. I hadn't bothered to pack after I got out of rehab. I don't know why, I just didn't.

I cracked open one of the suitcases and pulled out a purple baby doll shirt, a pair of denim shorts, and my black and white stiped bikini. I quickly changed and headed to the bathroom to tame my mess of a hair. Since I knew there wasn't much I would be able to do with it in the time that I had I threw it up in a sloppy bun on the top of my head and let the short pieces frame my face. I decided not to put on any makeup since there wouldn't be a point since we were going to the beach anyway.

After about fifteen minutes I was ready to go, "Come on Cam, let's get a move on."

"You know I was the one waiting for you right?"

"Your point?"

He shook his head and smiled. He got up from the couch and we walked out the door, "Let's just take my car. It's easier than going in two separate cars."

I followed him to his car and took a seat in the passenger seat. I sat back for a moment as Cameron started the car. We pulled out of the parking lot of my apartnment and pulled out.

"Do you know what this reminds me of?" asked Cameron.

"What?"

"It reminds me of when we went to the beach and we had this huge water fight."

"You mean the time where you almost drowned me?"

"No I didn't!"

"Yes you did! You picked me up while I was trying to mind my own business-"

"That's a load of bull. You were to busy trying to splash everyone when they weren't looking."

"Was not!"

"Sure you weren't."

"Why would I do that? That's ridiculous! I was sitting on my towel listening to my ipod when you picked me up and threw me into the water! You knew I couldn't swim well!"

"I did not!"

"Aha! So you admit that you threw me in!"

"I'm not going to deny that but you were not minding your own business."

"What world are you living in Quiseng? I always mind my own business."

"Then why did you keep asking Katherine about something that I said wasn't important?"

"I was curious that's all. By the way-"

"Not now Skye."

I whined, "Why not?"

"It's not the time or place for it."

"Promise you'll tell me soon?"

"I promise." He held out his pinky and I looped mine through.

"Good. You know I'm not going to let you forget it."

-x-

After only about fifteen minutes in the car we pulled up to the beach.

"Shit! I forgot my towel."

"We are not going back. You can borrow mine."

I sighed, "Okay." Cameron and I went down to the shore where the rest of the group had already laid out all of their towels and umbrellas. I could see Ariana with a huge floppy hat on laying on her towel. Zach had his back turned so I couldn't see him but I could make out the girl he was talking to. Her hair was short and blond. When she saw me with Cameron she smirked and pushed her hair out of her face.

"Hey Katherine." I sneered.

"I didn't think you were going to make it." She pouted.

"I'm here now and I'm here to stay."

She turned towards Zach and grabbed on to his arms, "Come on Zach! You promised you'd teach me how to surf!" With out another word they went towards the water and grabbed Zach's surfboard.

"Someone's a little desperate." I muttered.

Cameron came walking up. His wife beater was long gone and instead of his swim trunks he had on a dark green wet suit with his surfboard in hand, "Are you just going to stand there or go in the water?"

"I don't have my wet suit or my board. There still at my parents house." I sighed, "Another time okay?"

"Alright. I'm going to catch some waves while they're still good." He went running off towards the water.

"Wait Cameron-" He turned his head and squinted. The sun was beating down right on him, "Don't forget we need to talk later. You pinky promised and I'm going to hold you to it!" He held his pinky in the air and then continued charging for the water.

-x-

I laid out on Cameron's beach towel besides Ariana. She didn't even look over so I decided that I would stare her down.

A few seconds later she turned to me and took out her ipod headphones, "Why are you staring at me?"

"She speaks!" She started to put her headphones back in her ears but I swatted them out of her hand, "Oh come on Ari. Loosen up a little. I'm trying here."

"You should've been trying when I let you stay in my house. You took advantage of my kindness and practically spat in my face. You're lucky all I did was kick you out or you wouldn't have gotten the help you so desperately needed."

"Is this where I'm suppose to say thank you?"

"It'd be nice."

"Thank you for kicking me out so I can get the ass kicking I needed at rehab."

"You're such a weirdo."

"So I've been told." I took the ipod from her hands and clicked the now playing, "Are you seriously listening to the boys right now? That's so awkward."

"Shut up. You would do it to."

"I would not!"

"Are you kidding? Don't you remember that time Zach was singing a new song and you made him start all over so you could take your phone out of your pocket and record it with out anyone knowing."

"I never-"

"You did. I saw you Skye and one morning while you were staying at my house I heard you playing it."

"Okay fine. I did. It's not a crime."

"Don't make fun of me for doing the same thing that you've already done."

I took my phone out of my pocket and after a few seconds I played the recording. I could see the corner of her lips slowly turning into a smile. "I still have it. Don't tell Zach."

"My lips are sealed." She pretended that she was locking her mouth and threw away the key, "Can I tell you something?"

"Of course. Spit it out!" I said anxiously.

"I-I like Cameron." Ariana looked nervous for a second. I have never seen Ariana look so nervous before. She tries to put on such a tough image because she doesn't want people to feel sorry for her. That's why she never tells anyone about her depression or her family situation. I wouldn't have even known about it until I actually moved in with her. I'm pretty sure that the boys don't even have a clue still.

I opened my eyes wide and stared blankly at her, "Since when? I remember that time we went camping and you made me sit between the two of you because you knew that Cameron liked you."

"I know. I was there remember?" said Ariana. We both looked over and we saw Cameron getting out of the water carrying his surfboard over his head, "He's just...grown up a lot over the years. He's not that same awkward kid."

"Even I know that's not true. Sure, I've only spent a few days with him recently but he's the same boy we've always known. What's the real reason?"

"I don't know. I guess I just woke up one day and realized what was standing right in front of me."

"Aw! How cute!"

"If you tell anyone I will kill you."

"My lips are sealed." I winked. Cameron came running up to us and set his surfboard down. I gave Ariana a devious smile and she chucked her water bottle at me, "Rude! What was that for?"

"Don't play dumb."

"You're the one being dumb-"

"Hey Skye, can I talk to you for a minute?"

"Yeah just give me a second." I tried to stand up but I couldn't bring myself to do it. I was still tired from yesterday, "Actually you may want to give me a little bit longer than a second."

He held out his hand and I took it. He lifted me up and I was back on my feet in an instant. Ariana shot me a look that practically screamed don't tell him but all I did was smirk. Of course I wasn't going to say anything. I'm not that mean. I just felt like messing with her that's all.

"I'll be back." I said in my best Terminator voice. I could see Ariana and Cameron cringe, "It wasn't that bad!"

Cameron and Ariana started laughing, "Whatever you say."

I glared and pulled Cameron by the arm, "Come on lets go." I pulled him over to a spot where no one was within ear shot, "So are you going to tell me what wasn't that important or am I going to have to shake it out of you?"

"I'll tell you." He sighed and paused, "Well-I-I don't really know how to start this."

He bit his lip and looked at me, "Don't ask me. I have no idea what you're talking about."

"You know that I came to visit you when you were in rehab right?"

"I know. You all did. I just wasn't ready to phase everyone while I was still in recovery. I wasn't sure that I was going to make it through the program with out searching for a drink."

"You did it though. I just want to make sure that you know that you were never alone. I gave you all of this time and space for a reason. I thought that's what you would want but there wasn't one day where you didn't cross my mind."

"You were on my mind too-"

"Let me finish." He took a step closer to me and lightly took my hand. I gulped and he continued, "I've been there for you through everything. Whenever you were upset we'd come to beach and just talk. We were always just good friends but I don't know if I can be just a good friend to you."

"But Cameron-" He took a small step closer. He was only a few inches away from me. I looked away from Cameron for a moment and saw Zach standing just a few feet away.

"And to think I was going to apologize to you."

He shook his head and turned the opposite direction. I pulled my hand from Cameron's and stared after Zach, "It's not what it looks like."

He didn't even turn around. He just kept walking.
♠ ♠ ♠
Remember when you all thought that Zach and Skye were going to be okay?
Think again. HEH.
BUT POOR CAMERON
AND ARIANA LIKES HIM WTF IS THIS
SKYE JUST REALLY MAKES A MESS OUT OF THINGS DOESN'T SHE?
heh :p if you haven't noticed I kind of switched the order of events around in this story...this was originally after Zach sang Clock Runs Out but I decided to switch it...so who knows what else will switch ;)
WELL I HOPE YOU GUYS LIKED IT! I'm not too sure how I feel about this just yet hah