Sequel: I Wish
Status: Currently Writing!

The Mess I Made

Count On Me

You're going to need something sharper than a knife to break this tension. Even then I'm not sure that it would work. It's that bad and it seems to be getting even worse as the day progresses.

Imagine being in a room with not only your ex boyfriend that you're still in love with but also one of your best friends who just admitted that he likes you as way more than a friend. Sounds kind of bad right? There's more to it than that. Also think about how your other friend who just admitted that she had feelings for the best friend who likes you or even your ex boyfriends current bitch of a girlfriend. Oh yeah let's add in the boy who was and still is completely in love with your dead sister that got killed in a drunk driving accident because you were stupid enough to get behind the wheel. It's kind of starting to seem a bit soap operaish right? That's just the beginning of the tension that is cramped in one little room.

I highly doubt that we would all be together so soon after everything that went down the day before but the boys had another show in L.A that they had to do. They couldn't just cancel because of personal issues because I know they would feel terrible about it so instead of just ignoring each other until this whole thing fixes itself we have to stay in one small little building and work together.

It's not like I need to be here but I've missed enough already. I've waisted three whole years being a complete disaster. There was no way I was going to miss anymore. Also I kind of told Zach that I wasn't going anywhere but that's besides the point. Okay, so it's really not but whatever. I'm just going to keep telling myself that.

The boys are currently unloading their tour bus in complete silence which is odd because they're always rowdy right before a show but I guess I can't blame them. A lot has gone down in the last couple of days. I guess we all need a little bit of piece and quiet.

Michael was carrying part of his drum set to the stage with Cameron right behind him carrying an amplifier. I don't know where Zach ran off too. He's probably off with Katherine doing god knows what. Just thinking about it makes me want to gag.

Michael started setting up his drum set at the back of the stage, "Hey man, why don't you and Zach just kiss and make up already? I am tired of this shit."

"I didn't do anything wrong." Cameron shrugged, "Why should I apologize for something I didn't even do?"

"You guys are just a bunch of little girls."

"Hey! You know there are two girls standing in the room right now."

Michael looked around, "Where?"

I hit him upside the head, "Shut up Mikey."

We all laughed and for a moment the tension felt a bit lighter until Zach and Katherine came walking back in the room.

"The least you could do is help us Zach." said Cameron.

"Why should I? You've already helped yourself to my leftovers." He spat and turned to Katherine.

My mouth dropped, "Excuse you! I am not food that you leave in the fridge that nobody wants."

"Could've fooled me." Katherine batted her eyelashes innocently and turned her attention back to Zach.

"The only trash I see in this room is you. Do you see what you're wearing?" I looked at her up and down with disgust. Katherine had on a slinky red dress that barely covered her ass. Her short blond hair was in small waves and her eyeliner was caked on, "At least try to be presentable."

"At least I don't look like I just rolled out of bed." Okay, so maybe she did have a bit of a point there. I was currently wearing a pair of baggy shorts and a shapeless dark blue tank top.

"I'm changing later. So what?"

"Skye looks great in whatever she wears." said Cameron. A wave of awkward silence filled the room. Everyone tried to look busy so they wouldn't have to respond to Cameron's comment.

After about five minutes I walked over to Cameron and sighed, "Can I talk to you for a second?" I saw him look over at Ariana from across the room. She sent him a small smile and nodded her head.

"Yeah, sure."

We walked over to the far corner of the venue so no one would be able to over hear our conversation. I saw Zach glare at us and I stuck my tongue out on him.

"A bit childish don't you think?" asked Cameron.

"Coming from the boy who still makes me pinky promise him."

"You never said anything about it before!"

"I know." I rolled my eyes and smiled, "I was just messing with you Quiseng."

"I never know with you Skye."

I bit my lip, "I know. I kind of have a problem with that but that's not why I wanted to talk to you."

"Come on. I'm a big boy. I can handle it." He smiled brightly at me.

"You're way too nice to me Cam. I really don't deserve it."

"Everyone deserves second chances."

My eyes found their way to Zach's. We held each others gaze for a minute and looked away, "Tell that to jackass over there."

"He'll come around."

I sighed, "Oh Cameron...I'm so sorry. I-I really really don't deserve your kindness right now. I didn't even say anything after you told me everything. I sort of just ran off."

"It's okay. I understand." He scratched at his head like it was some kind of nervous reflex, "I know you still love him."

"I honestly don't know why..."

"I think you do. I know he makes you mad but I also know how happy he makes you. A moron could see the way that you two look at eachother even when you're fighting and feel the love that's still there. As much as I wish that it was me..." His voice trailed off.

"Even if the situation was reversed I don't deserve someone as sweet as you are Cam. You've been nothing but kind to me since we've met. You always listened to me when I needed someone and whenever I needed a hug or a shoulder to cry on you were always somewhere nearby. I just...love Zach for whatever reason. I know how much everyone hates to hear the friend card but you're like my best friend and I never want to lose that."

"Neither do I."

"Then I guess you're stuck with me."

"It's something I'll have to live with." He rolled his eyes and pulled me into a big hug, "I'm just glad I didn't screw up our friendship."

"You could never do that you goof. If anyone could screw it up it would be me."

He let go of me, "Stop living in the past Skye."

"I have. It's all him!"

"He'll get there. Trust me." I sighed and crossed my arms, "Are we going to have to do trust excersises?"

I pouted, "No."

"Good because I don't know if I would catch you."

I shoved him, "Shut up."

"Come on we should probably get back to work...or well I should. All your doing is standing there looking pretty."

I flipped my hair, "It's a hard job but someone's got to do it."

"I missed you."

"I missed you too." We started walking back to the group, "Cam?"

He turned around and raised an eyebrow.

"Thank you."

"For what?"

"Just being there. I know I make things difficult."

"You wouldn't be Skye if you didn't."

I contemplated about it for a second, "True." We went back to the group smiling and laughing.

At least I had Cameron back even though I never really lost him. It's just nice to know that I'll always have that one person that I can count on no matter how many mistakes I make. I know that he'll never judge the decisions that I've made. He'll just be there like a good friend should.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another pretty short chapter but the good stuff is coming soon(hopefully hahaha)
but I actually quite like this chapter for some reason. I guess you got to love Cameron right? :P
I also wanted to say thank you guys so so so much reading/subscribing(just gained a few random ones so hi guys!)/commenting. It really means the world to me that you guys like it and you guys are the reason I continue writing thing!
You have no idea how hard it is to actually sit down and write some days but I know I have to just keep going.
gdkfgklf I should probably just stop talking but seriously THANK YOU!
I hope you guys liked the new chapter!