Sequel: I Wish
Status: Currently Writing!

The Mess I Made

Thanks For Nothing

After everything went down the crowd started to become even more chaotic. It took the boys manager, Stefanie and several security guards to get everyone out. A couple of people refused to leave which ended them up in the arms of a security guard. Which I thought was funny but it wasn't for them. For the most part people just walked out on there own. Honestly, I was surprised I wasn't one of the people who was being escorted out considering I was the one that started this whole mess. Oops.

For some reason I'm always smack dab in the middle of some kind of drama going on. Probably because I don't know how to keep my mouth shut. It's like word vomit I tell you! I try to stop it but it just comes out. Which sounds really gross when you think about it. You better erase that mental picture. You don't need it to scar you or anything.

The following day nobody heard from Katherine. Zach even called her a few times and texted her about a dozen times. She didn't respond once. Thank god. I don't think I can go another day with her bitching at me. I think I would end up pulling a Michael and punching her in the nose. What? She deserves it. I don't think anybody would really argue with me on that...besides Zach since he's so wrapped around her finger. It's a miracle that he even decided to go to Starbucks with us considering the fact that us meant having me there as well. Maybe he's starting to warm up to me again. I doubt it but who knows. I'm trying to stay optimistic for once in my life. That was Nikki's territory and it worked for her so maybe it will work for me too.

-x-

The next day we all piled into one car. Thankfully we didn't have to sit on eachother's laps(but I'm sure that Ariana wouldn't mind sitting on Cameron's). Since it was close to Christmas we thought it would be a good time to go to Starbucks for their holliday drinks. I mean come on it's not Christmas without peppermint mocha and pumpkin spice. Am I right or am I right? That's right. I'm right. God damn, that's a lot of me being right.

This time Cameron sat in between Ariana and I, unlike the time when we all went camping. I could tell Ariana was grateful for me taking the seat behind the driver because of the little looks she kept shooting me when Cameron wasn't looking. I guess my dad wasn't kidding me when he told me that guys are oblivious. You can't just tap them and expect them to notice. You got to hit them...hard.

The car ride was mostly silent except for the occasional giggle from Ariana and Cameron's attempt at being funny. He even brought up the time when both him and Michael first started making youtube videos. They thought they would gain more fans by doing outlandish things like making their own version to the song Milkshake. They didn't rewrite the song or anything. They just filled up a glass of watery milk and put a cherry in it so they could call it a milkshake. Don't ask me why they did it. I honestly have no idea.

We pulled into Starbucks and immediately you could feel the temperature drop. That's what happens when you spend over fifteen minutes in the car and forgot just how freezing it was outside. If you live in a state where it snows a lot this would be like the beginning of fall and end of summer. They would say that it's not that bad but trying living in California your whole life. Then you'll know what I'm talking about.

I rubbed my arms to create some type of warmth, wishing that I brought some kind of jacket. "I didn't realize how could it was out here before."

Cameron shrugged off his jacket and handed it over to me, "Here, you don't want to catch a cold or something."

Zach glared, "Let's hope that she does so she'll stop tagging along with us everywhere."

"If you haven't noticed they're my friends too."

"I have no idea why.'

"I don't know why they're yours either jackass. Did Katherine really shove that stick up your ass that high? You seem to be a bit bitchier than your usual self."

"Shut up." He muttered.

"It's fine. I don't need your jacket. Thanks for the offer though." From the corner of my eye I could see Ariana shivering. I whispered into Cameron's ear, "Looks like Ari could use it more than me."

He glanced over at Ariana and went over to her. He put his jacket over her shoulders. She put her arms through the sleeve and snuggled up against the jacket. "Thanks Cam."

He smiled, "Anytime." When Cameron wasn't looking I winked at Ariana. She rolled her eyes and smiled. I knew she hated when I was obvious about things like that but I couldn't help it.

Zach reached the door first with me right behind him. He opened the door a little bit just for himself and snuck in. The door almost hit me right in the face. I scolded and opened the door. "You're suppose to hold the door open for girls you know?"

"Oh, sorry Ariana."

"I meant me!" He ignored me and went right up to the counter. I glared at his back, practically burning holes into it.

The girl at the counter had tight curls in her thick dark brown hair. She had her back to us quickly making the drinks for the couple waiting at the other side of the counter. "I'll be with you in a minute!"

A smile crept across Michael's face when he heard her voice. He cut in front of both Zach and I so he could be the one standing there when she turned around. Cassidy gave the drinks to the couple and walked over to the counter. When she noticed Michael standing there in his black Obey hat, grey hoodie, and dark washed jeans a smile spread across her face.

"Mikey! Hi!" She leaned across the counter and gave him a hug. I flinched remembering how much she looked like my sister. I tried to hide the pained look on my face when Zach turned around to look at me, obviously remembering how much she did look like Nikki. For a second I could see a flash of saddness in his eyes but almost instantly it was gone. His face turned hard once again and turned around.

We quickly gave Cassidy our drinks orders and found a large booth in the corner of the room. Zach was the first to slide in on the opposite side of the way the counter was facing. Ariana sat next to him so we could avoid any kind of awkwardness. I slid into the other side and Cameron sat next to me. When Zach noticed the seating arrangement he raised an eyebrow and turned towards the window to avoid any eye contact with any of us.

"So..." Cameron did the little awkward turtle thing with his hands and Ariana giggled.

"Your drinks are ready guys!" Cassidy called from the counter not once looking away from Michael.

"I'll get them." Cameron got up to let me out. Zach's eyes shifted in my direction.

"Don't go dropping all of the drinks like you did that one time." He muttered.

Flashback
It was another busy day at Stabucks. It usually was around the hollidays since that's when it started getting colder. After over a half an hour of Zach begging for me to help him I agreed. What a mistake that was.

Since I didn't have time to learn to make the drinks and I had no experience on working the cash register we thought that it would be a good idea to deliver the drinks personally to each of the customers once they were seated and it was...at first anyway.

I brought over a cup of steaming hot coffee and a carmel frappachino to a boy and his date which ended up well. They were pleasantly surprised when they realized they didn't have to get up and go get their own orders. I continued delivering the hot and cold drinks until Katherine came walking in. She smirked when she saw me in a green Starbucks hat and a few drinks in hand.

She strutted up to the counter in her long black boots(what moron wears boots where it doesn't snow?). She tapped her french manicure against the counter to get Zach's attention.

"One second Kat. Let me finish these two drinks and I'll be right with you." Zach topped the two drinks off with whip cream and handed them to me to deliver. I glared before walking away. I quickly gave the two drinks to their owners and went back over to where Zack and Katherine were.

Katherine was leaning across the table snapping her gum with her cleavage practically spilling out of her shirt. Classy right?

"I'll just take a regular coffee." She looked up at Zach and batted her eyelashes.

"Slut." I muttered under my breath.

"What was that Sydney?" That bitch. She knew perfectly well what my name was. She's only been trying to get into Zach's pants since we started dating.

"It's Skyelynn." said Zach with his back turned. He obviously heard my little comment.

"Oh, that's right."

"I didn't say anything." She flipped her hair and smiled at me sweetly. It was enough to give me cavaties. She pushed her way past me, practically bumping me into the counter. I gritted my teeth to help keep myself calm. She took a seat at the nearest table and tapped her foot.

Zach handed me Katherine's drink so I could give it to her, "Do I have to?"

"She saw you deliver the other drinks. You have to Skye."

I sighed and walked over to her table. I smirked when I was about halfway there suddenly thinking of an idea. I quickly covered my smirk and put on a blank face.

I was only a foot away from Katherine when I lost my balance which caused me to spill her burning hot coffee all over her.

She screamed while I covered my mouth in shock, "Oh my gosh Kat!" I opened my eyes, "I can't believe I just did that. I'm such a klutz. I'm so so so sorry."

She quickly got up and ran to the bathroom. I smirked at her retreating figure.

Serves her right...well that's ironic considering that I served her...I'll just shut up now.

End Flashback
I grinned thinking back when I went to go pick up the drinks. I carefully placed all four drinks in my hand so I wouldn't drop them. When I was just a few steps away I pretended to lose my balance. I saw a small smile break across Zach's face but he quickly recovered.

Once I reached the table I handed each person their drink. We sat there for a little while not saying a word. We were too focused on the warmth of our drinks.

Ariana and Cameron both sat there texting while randomly taking sips of their coffee. I caught Ariana looking up at Cameron a few times and everytime she did I would make some kind of noise to make him look up. She glared at me every time I did it and I think Zach even started to catch on because he started doing the same thing.

I tried to keep myself from laughing or saying something to ruin the small moment that Zach and I were having. A few times I even saw him looking over at me due to Ariana's obnoxious noises.

Damn, we really were a bunch of five year olds.

After a few minutes of no talking Ariana stood up from the table, "I need to go to the bathroom."

"Thanks for sharing." I said in between a few sips of my peppermint mocha. She shot me a look that said I needed to come too. "Suddenly...I have to go to the bathroom too." I got up from the table and walked with Ariana to where the bathroom's were.

There was three doors in the back of Starbucks. There were two bathrooms and a storage room for all of the supplies that the workers needed to make the drinks.

Suddenly, I was being pushed towards the storage room. "What the hell?" Ariana opened the door and shoved me in. She closed the door and locked it.

"It's for your own good I promise!" I put my hand on the door knob to open it but it wouldn't budge. I started pouding on the door but no one came. I sighed and laid against the wall.

"Fuck my life."

I waited there for what seemed like ages until the door knob started turning. I could see another person being shoved into the room.

"You've got to be fucking kidding me."

"You're telling me." I folded my arms.

"You guys aren't coming out until you guys make up!" called Cameron from outside of the door. I could hear Ariana snickering.

"Thanks for nothing Ariana! Just wait until I get my hands on you. You're going to wish that you never told me that you liked-" The giggling stopped and there was a faint sound of foot steps. I sighed out of annoyance, "I guess we'll be in here for a very long time."
♠ ♠ ♠
WOOOOOOOOOOOO another chapter done. (another one bites the dust)
hehehehe I really really like this one. No idea why it's kind of a filler but oh well.

I have a feeling I may finish this story by the end of the year :o maybe...I already know how it's going to end hahaha. I may or may not do a sequel. I'm not sure yet...depends on how I'm feeling.

AH I HOPE YOU GUYS LIKED IT<3