Sequel: I Wish
Status: Currently Writing!

The Mess I Made

I'd Rather Make Mistakes Than Nothing At All

Zach's POV

Cameron's been trying to talk to me about Skye for the past few days but I don't think I can trust him anymore. I confided in him about everything. I told him how I felt about Skye before we ever started dating. I asked him how I should ask her out(which wasn't much help considering the fact that Cameron's never had a girlfriend before). When Skye started drinking I asked him how I should try to help her before it got out of control...but I was too late. One drink turned into three or four and by then there was nothing I could do to stop her. I tried so hard to get her to stop but it's not like I can baby sit her every minute of the day. I actually did that once but that's besides the point.

I just don't think I can handle Skye being in my life right now. I'm not sure if I'll ever be ready.

-x-

Cameron was lecturing me about Skye for the second time that day. Whenever he would pause I would nod like I was taking in what he was saying but honestly I tuned him out a long time again.

"Zach, are you even listening?" I nodded, still not aware of what he was saying. "Nod if you're not listening." I continuined nodding my head. "That's what I thought." Cameron pushed me off the couch.

I landed flat on my ass, "What the fuck was that for?"

"I know you aren't all that happy with me right now Zach but the least you can do is listen when I'm talking to you. I just want you to see her side of things."

"You're right. Why don't you just let it go Cameron. I'm done with Skye. I don't even want to see her face. All it does it bring back bad memories." I lied. Seeing Skye does not only bring back bad memories it brings back all of the feelings I had for her. All of the feelings I've tried to hide over the past three years.

I may come acorss as angry and bitter. It may seem like that's the only thing that I feel right now but it's not. Sure, part of me is pissed but the other part of me is somewhat happy to see her. It's nice to know that she's finally doing okay. I just can't forget everything that she's done and just move on with my life. She did more than get in a drunk driving accident with Nkki. It's so much more than that.

"Fine." With that being said, Cameron left the room.

I looked over at Michael, "You know where I'm coming from don't you?"

Michael's barely spoken in the past few days. Ever since we saw Skye he's had a blank stare on his face. I don't think I've even seen him crack a smile or tell us how "hawt" he is. The only thing I've seen him is pull out old photos from highschool but even then his facial expression stays emotionless.

Michael shrugged, not even looking at me and continued watching TV.

I wish Skye never showed up at our show.

-x-

Skye's POV

Cameron didn't call me that night. He didn't call the night after that either. After two days it seemed like everything was back to the way it was when I first left rehab. I was completely and utterly alone. Every minute that passed by felt like hours while every hour felt like days. You can't even imagine how it felt after two days.

Whenever my phone would vibrate I would practically run to it but it only vibrated about three times in the course of two days. Two of the calls were from bill collectors and the other was a wrong number. I have so many friends right? I guess that's my fault though.

I was hanging off the couch upside down with the blood rushing to my head when the phone started riniging. I tried to pull myself back up on the couch but came crashing down to the ground instead.

I stood up rubbing my head, "Ow." I reached for the phone and clicked answer, "Please tell me you're not a bill collector."

A male monotone voice came on the phone, "Your cellphone payment is due within the next few days."

"You've got to be kidding-"

"Don't hang up! It's Cameron."

"Oh thank god." I said, "I've been dying here. I think I'm about to go insane. Please tell me you have some good news."

"Well-"

"You don't even have to finish that thought. I already know what you're going to say." I plopped down on the couch sighing. "Why can't they see that I've changed Cam?"

"They haven't spent enough time with you. Which is why I wanted to invite you over to Dave & Busters for Zach's birthday tonight."

"Wouldn't that just make things worse?"

"How could things get any worse?" He's got a point there. He gave me the directions and I wrote them down, "I'll see you at seven. Don't let Zach see you until I say so."

"Sir yes sir!"

Cameron chuckled, "I'll see you later Skyelynn."

-x-

I decided to sit at the bar at Dave & Busters. Nobody would look for a recovering alcoholic here right? Just in case I kept my back turned away from the door with a Chargers baseball cap on to further my disguise. I didn't want anyone to recognize me. I couldn't be seen just yet.

The bartender came up next to me, "Would you like a drink? I looked behind him at the drink choices. There were bottles of alcohol just lined up. My hands started shaking and I tried to concentrate on anything other than the alcohol.

In a really fast voice I said, "Can I just have some water?" The waiter raised an eyebrow but didn't comment on my nervousness.

He came back a second later and put a glass of water in front of me. I hesitated before taking a sip. I was starting to feel really on edge and just one glass of alcohol could loosen me up but I knew I couldn't do that.

Voices began filling the room. I could hear loud talking and laughter. I felt my body really start to tense up and I sat there still as a statue. I tried my best not to bring any attention to myself. I could hear the voices coming closer and closer to where I was. I pulled the baseball cap down closer to my eyes and kept my head down.

"I'm just going to get a drink real quick. I'll catch up with you guys in a second." said a voice. Oh god, please don't let it be Zach. Whoever it was gently brushed my leg when they took the spot next to me. I quickly moved my way and began turning the other way, "This isn't really a good spot to hide you know."

I let out a sigh of relief and brought my hat back up so it wasn't shielding my eyes, "I was just trying to blend it. Cut a girl some slack. If I went anywhere else in this place I would've gotten lost."

"True, you were never one for direction. Remember that time we went camping and we decided that it would be a good idea to go out into the woods to explore at night? You acted like you were a human compass insiting that you knew exactly where we were going but you didn't have the slightest idea."

"At least I was trying! I wasn't the one who brought a teddy bear with him so he wouldn't be alone if he got lost."

"Hey!" Cameron nudged me in the side, "I was what...nine?"

"More like thirteen but who's counting?"

Michael came running up behind Cameron and I pulled my cap down once again. "Hey man, we're about to go play some games. What's keeping you?"

"Just..." he paused for a breif moment, "waiting for a drink and making some small talk." Michael looked over at me but I kept my eyes focused on the other side of the room.

"I'm sorry you had to talk to him baby girl. He can be a bit awkward at times but now you have me. What's your name?" I coughed and shook my head trying to get him to walk away, "Hard to get huh? Nice Chargers hat by the way. Who's your favorite player?"

"Come on Michael. Let's just go." Cameron stood up to leave. "Nice talking to you."

"Wait- I know that hat." Michael reached over to pull the hat off, "Skyelynn, what the hell? How did you know we were going to be here?"

I pointed at Cameron, "It was all his idea!"

Michael looked at Cameron, "You know Zach's going to be pissed man."

"Pissed at what?" asked Zach walking up. He looked over and saw me sitting at the bar stool.

"Please just talk to me."

"Why now?" He asked, "I tried talking to you after the accident but you blew me off. I just don't want to hear it especially now."

"I'll leave you alone. You wont ever have to see me again if you just hear me out."

"You have ten minutes."

Only ten minutes to plead my case and to get him back in my life. No pressure or anything.
♠ ♠ ♠
I LOVE THIS CHAPTER FOR SOME ODD REASON!
I have no idea why but I'm just bouncing for joy ^_^
I hope you guys like it as well!

AND TOUR DATES WERE ANNOUNCED YESTERDAY :O hfghjfghgj Are you guys going? If so what shows? I'm going to the Denver concert on Jan. 16th. I'm so excited. :3