Status: Feel free to comment if you feel like there's anything that I need in this story

Escaping the truth.

Leaving you behind.

It was raining outside.The small drops from the ceiling fell onto my window and continued on it's way till they hit the ground. I watched them fall into their death while the darkness outside became brighter and brighter as day became to form.
I enjoyed this. I enjoyed lying in my bed listening to the rain, but I'm afraid that this was the last time that I was ever going to do so.

England must probably be the only place in the world, where it would rain in summer, but I had been living with it since birth so it didn't really bother me.

HI, I'm Matthew Adams. I'm sixteen years old and until today, I lived in an orphanage north in England. In York of course. The greatest city of all time. At least that's what I think.
I believe that one should always introduce oneself to the reader.
Like I said, I'm Matthew Adams, but you can always just call me Matt or M or whatever that suits you.
I'm gay.

This must be it, I thought. The day had finally come. The day that I had been waiting for so long. I had almost forgotten how it felt like, to be excited for something good.
I stood up from my bed. I glanced around the room. Everything was packed. Even the pictures that had previously hung up on the walls, They were all gone.
They had really done a great job, I thought.
A few men had come up to my room the previous night. They claimed that they were going to help me with packing. I trusted them and let them in, and they had done as they had said.

Tick, Tok, Tick, Tok, said the clock hanging up on the wall. I looked up at it. It must have been the only thing that the men hadn't pack. That was only because this clock belonged to the orphanage, and I didn't want to take it with me.
I took my time and studied it for a couple of minuets. It was 6.45 when I was done.
There was still time. Uncle wasn't going to pick us up before a few hours. 9 o'clock to be more precise. So I had plenty of time to say good bye. My stomach twisted when I said the word Good Bye.

I turned the key on the door and unlocked it. I had myself lock the door every single night before I went to bed. It was much safer that way.
I had made myself lock it because of my fear. I was scared that someone would barge into my room in the middle of the night, and maybe try to kidnap me.
Call me paranoid, but it have actually happened before, that's why they gave me this key. To be safe.
I don't wanna go into details about what happened that night, but it wasn't pretty. But I lived. If it hadn't been for Zed's bravery, then I would have been lying 6ft under the grounds right now.
When I think of it. I never really got the chance to thank Zed for that he did that day.
Maybe I should buy him something nice, I thought. But what ?
Zed wasn't the normal type of guy who liked football, video games and stuff like that. He was more quiet and he loved music. " Maybe I should buy him a CD" I said quietly. Yes, it would be perfect. I just had to find out what he liked.

I went back on my bed and stared in the air. Everything was annoyingly quiet. I wasn't the type that loved a lot of sound, but this was too quiet.
I tossed and turned on the bed and tried to make some noise. It worked for a while but then I got quiet once again.

** Hours later **

I awoke from the sound of two men moaning and lifting up boxes.
" could you grab this for a second, I just have to--" I heard one man say. And then I think the other one received it.
When I opened my eyes, everything was gone. Everything I had packed, everything on the floor, the boxes, all gone. The bed was the only thing left.

" So you're really going ?" Someone voiced behind me. There was no doubt who it was. I got of the bed - and literally ran over and hugged him. Yes it was him. It was Zed.
" Well hello to you too" He voiced once more. I felt his arms coming around me and pulling me closer.
It had to be Zed. Nobody I knew could hug this well, or even smell this heavenly.
It as his favorite deodorant. I hadn't got the time to catch the name, but he had told me that it was his favorite and he wore it every single day.

I didn't know if it was tears of joy or tears of sadness that was coming out of my eyes back then. But I couldn't hold them back. " I'm sorry. I just-- " I pulled back from the hug and wiped away my tears. " Oh don't be sad, Matt, you're finally getting out of here"
" but what about you ?"
" I'll be fine here. You've been here for too long, longer than any of us. It is finally your turn, Matt, so" He came and pulled me back. " Be happy, okay ? You have all the reasons"
I nodded. He kissed my forehead and rocked me back and forth.

The last thing I can remember from that moment, was that Barbra, one of the leaders, came into the room and informed me that uncle, Daniel had arrived and as waiting for me down by the lobby.
I was so excited I pulled away from the hug and ran down to the lobby as fast as I could. Zed followed me.
♠ ♠ ♠
I don't have much to say about this chapter, but they will get better. I promise.
Just hang in there.
Tell me what you think, comments ? (:

xoxo.