Now Your Nightmare Comes to Life

Twelve

Laying in bed I can’t help but look out the window, the moon was full. I touch my arm and I feel the bandage under my fingers. I turn so I face the ceiling when I suddenly hear my door opening slowly; I reach into my night stand and pull out my gun. Sitting up I bed I hold my gun towards the door “Who’s there!” I say quietly but with power behind my voice. “Easy Vlad, it’s just me.” Zack said as he walked in, I relaxed and set my gun down on my night stand “Sorry, I’m a little jumpy…” I say quietly “That’s alright. I figured you might not be able to sleep, I heard you yelling at Blaire down staires.” He sat next to me and I moved over to give him room “I expected you might. I cant just let this go though, I mean, Kay could have been killed! We all need to be on our guard. Besides I need to find a way to go back to work. I told Kate about what happened at my house, and she said to hurry up and get better.” “So just like that you get attacked in your own home and all she says is ‘hurry up’!??” he says looking shocked “Just listen, this is nothing.” I motion over my body “I’ve had worse, much worse and Kate is just trying to cheer me up” I sighed trying to appear strong. I had to lie, I actually have never been hurt this bad but if they knew that they would freak about me, and that’s the last thing I want. “You sure?” he asks, I don’t think he’s buying my whole story “I am positive. So….could you do me a favor?” I ask “Yeah what is it?” “Could you take me to my brothers hotel?” I ask.

“You know we shouldn’t leave though…” he looks at me like he’s trying to get me to understand. I don’t budge, I need to see Wallace because he always knows what to do. “I’m begging you Zack. Please take me to his hotel, I need to see my brother.” I plead looking straight into his eyes, I think he finally gives up. He sighs “Alright but were gunna need to sneak out alright.” He says with a serious tone “Understood. I’m not as sore as I was in the beginning so I can move without crying in pain.” He suddenly grabs my hand and looks very concerned. “I’m sorry you got hurt so badly…” I kiss his cheek “I said not to worry, besides” I stand up “You’ve still gotta buy me dinner for that date.” I smiled as we started to walk downstairs. Shit! Matt is sitting on the couch watching TV, Zack gives me a shh sign. He walks over to where Matt is and motions for me to go to the door “Hey Matt! Ninja attack!” Zack jumps on Matt and scares the crap out of him “What the HELL!!!! Zack! DAMMIT!!” him and Zack Wrestle for a few minutes as I make my escape out the door. “Get off me Zack! Damn it! What’s wrong with you its 3 in the Fucking morning and I was sleeping!!” Matt yells fixing his shirt “Hey you left yourself open. Well night!” Zack runs off as Matt falls back onto the couch.

“Took you long enough, now let’s hurry before they notice.” I say as we hop into Zack’s car and drive to my brothers hotel. “How do you know your brother is there anyways?” he said curious as he drove down the streets. You’d be surprised by the traffic at 3 in the morning “He told me he’d be in town for at least a week, my other siblings live here too ya know. He’s gotta see them too.” I laugh “What’s so funny?” Zack asked “Well, my baby sister isn’t really on speaking terms with Wallace And Frank, my other brother, Isn’t really talking to anyone of us anymore.” I stop laughing. Ts really hurts that we all cant just shut up and be at least friends. I sigh “That’s sad.” Zack finally says as we pull up to the hotel. I get out of the car and start walking to the door when I suddenly feel my arm being pulled back “What-” I’m twirled around and I instantly feel Zack’s lips hit mine, it felt so right to be in his arms but, I couldn’t let myself be swept away. I let him kiss me and hold me tight and then I broke our kiss “Thank you so much Zack.” I say and hug him, he hugs me back. I kiss his cheek then walk into the hotel. Zack watches me the entire time to make sure I was safe. Then he left.