Now Your Nightmare Comes to Life

Twenty-One

I sat on the couch looking at the texts from Ronnie, all of them saying how much he loves me and that he's happy I'm giving him a second chance and that he won't screw this up, I smiled and sent him a text saying that we need to hangout today and that I'd bring Kayden with me, he texted back saying that sounds good and he`ll text me when he's on his way. I got up and walked upstairs to change into a pair of skinny jeans, t-shirt, and my converse. I got Kayden dressed when Max walked in, "What are you doing?" I froze, "What do you mean Max?" He sighed, "Going out with Ronnie, why?"
Max sighed, "Do you really think it's a good idea to go with Ronnie?" I shrugged, "Why not?" He sighed again, "Because I know Ronnie, even though he just got out of prison, he hasn't changed much.." I shook my head, "Really Max?" He nodded, "Just be careful, okay?" I nodded, "Fine Max." He hugged me, "I just want to make sure you know that I'm still watching out for you." I nodded, "So..how are things going with Johnny?" He blushed, "It's great...I think I really love him Blaire." I smiled, "Good Maxi, I hope you and Johnny are happy." He smiled, "Yeah," I was about to ask him more but then I heard Jimmy, "What the hell?!" I sighed and ran in the living room where a girl with blonde hair stood with a boy that looked to be about two or three, "He's your problem now Jimmy, I've had him in twenty different day cares and they tell me they can't handle him in any of them! He's your son James!"
Jimmy looked, "What the hell Grace? I thought you had a miscarriage?!" She rolled her eyes, "I told you that so you would leave and made I'd have a chance to raise him to be a normal kid, but something from you won't let that happen. His names Ian James Sullivan and now he's your problem," she let go of the kid and he ran to Jimmy, Jimmy was hesitant but he picked him up, "Hey bud.." Ian smiled at him, "Daddy?" Jimmy laughed, "Yeah, I guess." Jimmy kissed his head and put him on the ground, "Do you wanna go play with the other boys?" Ian's face lit up, he looked happy, I smiled, Jimmy looked at me, "Can he go play in Kay's room?" I nodded, "Take him up there, Kaydens in there with the twins," he nodded and took Ian up the stairs.

It was about twenty minutes later when Ronnie texted me, I brought Kayden downstairs and out to the car, Ronnie smiled at him, "Hey little guy," he smiled at Ronnie, "R-ronnie!" Ronnie laughed, "He actually said it!" I smiled back at Kayden as I got in the front seat, Ronnie kissed my cheek and started driving, "Where are we going Radke?" Ronnie smiled, "Well..since you brought Kayden with us, we can go to that little park, just on the edge of town?" I smiled, "You wanna go to the park Kay?" He nodded and smiled at me, "I wanna play!" I laughed, we got to the park and I let Kay out, he ran to the swings and sat down. We were at the park for a few hours, talking and it was almost dark when we left, I got home and carried Kayden in. I kissed Ronnie's cheek and he left, being with Ronnie did make me happy, but it still just didn't feel right, something in me just kept telling me to go back to Brian, fix things and be happy with the father of my son..maybe that feeling was right...