Now Your Nightmare Comes to Life

Eight

Driving down the road thinking about where he might take me. “Maybe a fancy restraunt…oh but I don’t have anything that fancy…maybe a movie...”I ponder on all those thoughts when I realize I haven’t been paying any attention to the road. “Shit!!” I stomp on the breaks just in time for the red light up ahead. “Ow…” I rub my forehead. “I need to focus...” I grip the steering wheel trying to relax more. I finally turn onto my street. “Home sweet temporary home” I laugh. Parking my car I walk up to my front door. I freeze. The door handle was slightly tilted down. “Maybe I’m being too paranoid….but I always turn my door handle so that it stays straight….” Cautiously I open my door. Slowly walking inside I look around really regretting leaving my gun at the office today. I notice my coat rack it tipped over. Really on high alert now I reach for the bat I usually keep by my door. I feel a sudden spread of panic run through me when it’s not there. “What the-….” I hear the door slam behind me I spin around to look but no one is there. My phone rings scaring me half to death. I reach in my pocket. It’s Zach. “Hello…” I say quietly somewhat scared that I might not be the only one here. I think Zach notices the tone of my voice and asks “what’s wrong…are you alright?” I hesitate “I’m not sure…” I’m startled by the floor upstairs creaking. “Vlad! Do you need help?” I say quieter “I might. Come to South Dretch 1435. I’m like outside Los Angeles. But not by much. Please be quick” I hang up. Walking to my kitchen I grab a knife. I proceed to the stairs. I hold the knife close taking each step one at a time being sure he doesn’t hear me walking up. At the top of the stairs I look around. I see my bedroom door is open. I go to walk to my room when the floor boards behind me creak. I spin around trying to kick my attacker. I’m taken off guard by him catching my kick and throwing me to the ground. “Ahh!...ow” my head hit the wall and I have to fight to not loose consciencness . “You think a tiny little girl like you can take me on!” he grabs my arm and I try to kick him. I hit him several times in his legs but he slaps me hard and throws me to the ground. I cough. A tiny spatter of blood comes out of my mouth “you bas-AAH!” My words are cut off by him kicking me in the chest with his brown work boots. “Quiet you little bitch! This is what you get for screwing with my deal!” he says kicking me several more times. He hits me once in the face and his boots occasionally rip my clothes and my skin. I notice to my far right the kitchen knife. I grab it and impale his left foot “OW!! DAMN IT YOU LITTLE-” I start to crawl to my room ignoring the throbbing pain all over my battered body. “Just a little farther…” I hear the sound of a door downstairs opening and footsteps pounding up the stairs “VLAD! WHERE AR-” he stops as he sees me on the floor beaten and bleeding “Z-Zach….” I say weakly. My attacker grabs my short hair and pulls me up. he puts the bloody blade to my neck “looks like your little boyfriend came to save you” he smirks. He loses the smirk for what looks like fear “z-z-Zach! What are you doing here!” he smirks again “you here for revenge too?” Zach looks pissed and scary. “You’re hurting someone special to me. I’ll teach you what happens when you screw with me!” Zach thrusts his fist at the guys face making him drop me and the knife. This smug idiot who seemed so confident while beating me was now literally petrified by the mere sight of Zach. “z-Zach…” the last thing I saw was Zach beating the guy up. I blacked out. I stir at the feeling of warm arms around me. I slowly start to open my eyes. I see a blurred vision of a man and bright lights. “God? Is that you?” I say my voice sounds broken and dry. He laughs “not even close Vlad.” I open them wider and see Zach slightly bruised. “Zach!” I try to hug him so overwhelmed with relief but pain strikes me, hard “ow…” “Vlad take it easy!” I realize he’s trying to bandage my worst wounds. “Umm….where’s…” I ask quietly “oh the guy. I took him out and dumped him on the side of the road somewhere.” He smiles. “liar.” I smile. After a bit I notice my phone going off. I look at it. “OMG! Blaire texted me! I need to get to her right away!” I stand up and sway to the side. “VLAD!” Zach catches me. “Take it easy. I’ll drive you ok…” he says “a-alright.” I blush feeling embarrassed that I’m being taken care of. “What’s wrong?” “I’m just not used to people taking care of me….being the middle child I was often left to take care of myself…” I look at him as he helps me walk to my car “thank you Zach” I turn my body so that I’m facing him. he wraps his arms around my waist and kissed me. I slowly wrap my arms around his neck leaning into his kiss. We break it to breath. “no problem.” He smiles. We get into the car and drive to Blaires house. I think to myself the best thing happened in the worst possible way. I look at Zach. I wouldn’t have changed a single thing I thought as we pull into Blaire’s driveway which is full of cars. “Oh no…” I say getting helped out of the car by Zach.
♠ ♠ ♠
hope you like the details!