Status: Update every other day!

Memory Field

Prologue.

There’s this field. I see it every time I close my eyes. It’s the beginning of spring. The birds are chirping and the butterflies float amongst the trees. In this field there is a vast array of “weeds”. I like to call them “wish makers”. Each and every one of them is formed perfectly.

It’s been a long time since I can remember something that detailed. But then again ever since I started losing my memory, the vision of this field becomes more vivid.

Is it heaven? Or is it my wishful thinking?

In this field of “wish makers” I am sitting in the middle with a dull blue dress on. My hair is a tad bit shorter than what it is now but I seem to be happy. I seem to be calling out someone’s name.

In this vast field full of “wish makers” there’s a guy who helps me from the ground. His thumbs glide across the top of my hands as he holds then close to his chest.

When I look up, I see his face but I can never remember it.

“We’ll see you in two weeks.” The older man with a grey beard and a friendly smile handed me a note. “Don’t forget.” We stood up. “I love your sense of humor.” He smiled as I walked out of his office and down the hall.

My name is Charlotte Keane. But everyone just calls me Lottie. I started having memory problems at the age of 15. I thought that everyone goes through that stage so I ignored it.

One car flip later they find that I’m losing my memory at a rapid rate. It wasn’t until about two weeks ago they found how long I had before I lost me. 100 days, three months or thirteen weeks. However you want to look at it. No matter what I still have a Doom Counter looming over my head.

My parents went into a frenzy when I told them. Ever since they’ve been treating me like a baby. That’s when I moved to Salt Lake City, Utah.

I found this cute apartment. It’s kind of covered up by trees and vines. A view that is killer and silence that I have longed for. Yup I’m living the short time I have left the way I want.

I’ll be ready to let go when it’s my time. There are no worries here.

“Hello?” I sighed answering my phone while getting into my car. “Did you see the doctor?! Remember I wrote it down on your notebook before you left?!” I had put the phone in the seat as she continued to bark at me.

“Mom!” She went silent. “Of course I remembered. I just saw him. Now I have to go. I’m going to the store.” I clicked end and started up the car. The drive was long but fun. The music was turned up and I was singing along to every song I didn’t know.

I parked the car, got out and went on in to the Wal*Mart. I called it the Super Wal*Mart. It had a parking garage connected to it, escalator for people and one for carts, with a McDonalds and more inside.
“That will be $18.90.” The girl was probably younger than I. Messy black hair with bags under her eyes. She was tired and hated working here. “Keep the change.”

I saw the world a little bit differently now.

“Hey! What did you do?!” A guy with brown chestnut hair, naturally spiked in a business suite was about to walk into the store when I had noticed he had slammed his door into my car. “Your car ran into my door.” He was so collected about it. “Oh really?”

I unlocked my car, popped the trunk open, grabbed my bat, walked over to his left tail light and smashed it. “What did you do?!” He took off his sunglasses. “Oh your tail light ran into my bat.”
I smirked, put the bat back in my car and drove off.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well I hope you liked the first chapter. Don't worry it will get tons better!

Comment saying whether I should keep or kill.

Thanks