Status: read my other story: The Mind Killer

Love's a Villain

Prolouge

~Erik~
I was watching her, like usual. Well, not like stalkerish or anything. But just studying her. Observing her. She was staring at the floor, lime green and black headphones in her ears.
I wonder what she's listening to. Maybe ballet recital music or opera. She looks so fragile. Just move an arm, and oh! It's broke.
But she doesn't move a muscle.

~Cameron~
Music is my life. Everything, all the noises, talking, and sights just disappear. All you hear is the beat of the music.
It's only sixth grade, you would think I would be immature, playing on the jungle gym, chasing boys around until they kick you. But no. That's not what I do. I listen to music. I don't have friends, not since fifth grade.
"Drive until you lose the road,
Or break with the ones you've followed," sings The Fray.
I don't need friends. I look up from the ground and see a jock staring at me. He's obviously a jock. He does have a basketball jersey on today, but tomorrow it'll be a football jersey, and then a baseball t-shirt, and so on.
"What?" I yell out.
"Oh, um.. Nothing. Just wondering what you're listening to."
"Why don't you come here and figure out for yourself."

~Erik~
She scoots over a little on the bench, and takes an earphone out.
It's "How to Save a Life" by The Fray. I love that song.
"I love this song. It's moving, but something good to listen to." She says.
"I love this song, too."
"Cool." She smiles, teeth showing. I can tell she doesn't get much to smile about.
"Why do you always sit here, and listen to music? I mean, like, what's so good about it?" I say. Hopefully I don't offend her.
"I don't know. Why do you always play sports?" She says teasingly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment please!!! thanks!