‹ Prequel: Pretty Little Bones
Status: This story is dead. Odds of revival are slim to none. I'm so sorry.

Broken Bird

An Otherwise Ordinary Afternoon at the Lima Bean

"I meant it when I said you'd be the perfect Tony," I told Blaine as we seated ourselves at our usual table at the Lima Bean, "I'm really happy for you." And I was really. Okay, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little jealous, but that didn't mean I couldn't be happy for him, too.

"Thanks," he said, taking my hand in his, "And thanks again for the flowers."

I wanted to lean in and kiss him so much, but I wasn't sure it was the thing to do in the middle of the Lima Bean. PDA made Blaine nervous, and I guess it made me a bit nervous, too. I settled for squeezing his hand and rubbing my thumb over his skin.

Then, I saw him, whoever he was. I looked up and just happened to see him, staring at us. I tried to tell myself it was nothing, probably nothing, but those eyes were definitely saying something.

But he stopped staring, and maybe it was nothing after all. He was a creep of some sort, no doubt, but maybe it really didn't have anything to do with us.

"What is it?" Blaine asked, sounding concerned.

I dropped my gaze, too, and shook my head. "N-nothing. It's nothing."

Blaine turned around, looking behind him. "Blaine!"

"What?" he asked, "What's the matter?"

I sighed. He wasn't gonna give this up. "There's a guy back there, and it looked like he was watching us, and it freaked me out, but it's probably nothing," I whispered quickly.

He glanced over his shoulder again. "Doesn't seem like 'nothing' to me," he muttered, "Which one is he?"

"It doesn't matter. Quit turning around." He meant well, but he was making this more difficult than it needed to be.

"If it doesn't matter, why are you still freaking out?"

"I'm not freaking out!" Okay, I was a bit, but only because he wouldn't let it go. Well, that and the man was seriously creepy, I suppose.

"Do you wanna leave?" Blaine asked, giving up his search.

Getting away from that creep and this whole awkward situation sounded nice. "Yeah, let's just go."

We couldn't get out of there fast enough.