Edge of Desire

010

Knock, knock, knock

I breathed in deeply as I waited for her to answer the door, I honestly had no idea what to expect from tonight, all I knew was that even though I was extremely excited to see her, I felt a bit uncertain of the outcome for tonight.

When she opened the door to greet me, I noticed she was dressed in a grey and white baseball tee, paired with matching color striped shorts. Her golden hair was loose, a bit curled, and it fell just past her shoulders. Her two bright eyes met mine and she gave me that radiant smile. I felt butterflies rush through my stomach and that was when I absolutely knew, I was falling in love with her.

“Hi Kendall.” She said softly.

“Hi.” I felt like I was smiling like an idiot.

She opened the door wider and I stepped inside.

“So what are the plans for tonight?” I began to slide my jacket off and I hung it on the coat rack to the right of me.

She smiled, “Well, I have a few movies for us to watch and I was just about to put some popcorn into the microwave.”

I seemed to swallow hard as I didn’t know what was to become of this night.

She led me by my hand into the kitchen and I watched her as she placed a bag of ‘Orville Redenbacher’ popcorn in the the microwave and press start. She put her elbows onto the counter and leaned over to me.

“So what do you want to watch first? ‘Sinister’ or ‘Crazy, Stupid, Love’?

“Hmm, I think I’m in the mood for something scary, Sinister”

She nodded in approval as the microwave beeped to let us know the popcorn was ready, I watched as she poured the contents of the bag into a big clear plastic bowl.

“Well come on then.” She said with a small chuckle.

I followed her into the living room and sat on the couch.

We started the movie and we sat in silence for awhile, until something scary in the movie happened and she practically jumped into my lap, she turned to look at me, our mouths merely inches away from each other. I notice she took a deep breath and pulled away from me.

I sighed.

“Jess.” I began.

She faced me once more, “Maybe you should leave.”

“Why did you invite me tonight?”

She bit her lip and avoided all contact with me. I moved closer to her and pushed a strand of her hair behind her ear.

“Why did you want me here Jess?”

“What was that night like Kendall?”

I furrowed my brows, “What night?”

“The night we met, the night everything happened”

I was confused, why was she asking me this?

“What do you mean Jess?”

“Just exactly that,” She said as she paused the movie, “How did we end up together, like this?

“You don’t remember?” I whispered.

She shook her head, “I don’t, not much, I’m sorry.”

Image


I was up to my neck in drinks, however I never let myself get blackout drunk like James did. I needed a getaway, and tonight would be just that.

“Are you doing alright man?” Carlos asked as he placed a hand on my shoulder.

“I’m fine.”

“You sure? You don’t look fine, maybe it’s time we go home.”

“No, I’m fine. You can leave if you want.”

“Kendall, it’s really late. James is far past wasted, Logan’s ready to go, so am I. Let’s go.”

“I’m not going anywhere.” I said as I eyed the cute petite blonde by the bar, “I have other plans.”

Carlos followed my gaze, “Kendall, you have a girlfriend. We need to get you home before you do something stupid.”

“Carlos, I’m not going with you guys”

He sighed but after a little more convincing, he agreed.

“Two shots of tequila please.”

The bartender gave me a concerned look, but poured the liquor anyway and put two shot glasses in front of me

I looked over at the beautiful blue-eyed blonde bombshell and slid a shot glass over to her, “Drink with me?”

She looked over at me as she grabbed the shot glass, “Can’t say no to that.”

We clinked our shot glasses together and downed our alcohol, I cringed at the taste.

“I’m Kendall.”

“Jess.” She said as we shook hands.

We made small talk for a while, as we downed a few more drinks, after our third I stopped, she kept going.

“Are you sure you want another shot?” I asked.

“Keep em coming.”

I don’t know why but I already felt protective of her.

“Why are you here drinking alone?” She asked.

“I’m not alone, you’re here.”

She let out a small laugh, “Before me.”

I sat and thought about it, “I don’t know, I guess I’m,” I paused, I knew exactly what I was doing there, “Never mind it doesn’t matter.”

She grabbed my hand, “It’s okay Kendall.”

“I should get you home.”

She nodded in agreement.

We hitched a ride home in a cab.

“Kendall, can we spend some more time together?”

Instead of answering her, I pulled her into a long kiss.

As we arrived at my house, I pulled her inside and kissed her once again, pushing her against the wall, I left a trail of kisses down her neck.

“Can I have you?”

“Yes.” She whispered.

I picked her up and headed up the stairs, our lips never parted. I laid her on the bed and quickly unzipped her dress and pulled it off without any hesitation.

“You’re so beautiful.”

She smiled and kissed me harder as she slipped off all of my clothing.

I groaned as she placed her hands on my very prominent erection. “Kendall, I need you.”

I groaned once more as I reached into my nightstand drawer and pulled out a condom, pulling the rubber out of its foil contents, I entered her and I never felt more alive. This was the best sex I have had in well to be honest, years.

When we finished, she kissed my lips and left to use the bathroom.

I sat alone in the dark and I felt happier than I’ve been in a while. When she finished in the bathroom, she hurried to pick her clothes off of the floor.

“Jess.”

She stopped and looked at me, “I should go.”

I got up and grabbed her hand.

“Jess you’re everything that my life has been missing. I would love it if you stayed.”

She looked surprised

“You want me to stay?”

I nodded, “Please?”

“Okay.” She whispered and she dropped all of her clothes to the floor and crawled into bed with me. I covered us and wrapped her into my arms.

“Enjoy this night with me.”

She leaned up to kiss me and we fell asleep in each others arms.

Image


“I really wanted to leave?” Jess asked

“You really don’t remember?”

“I had a lot to drink that night Kendall, more than usual.” She scooted closer to me and grabbed the collar of my shirt

“I couldn’t forget that night, even if I wanted to.”

Before I knew it Jess’ lips were on mine, this excited me, I got on top of her and kissed her back as passionately as I could.

“Jess.” I whispered.

She slid her hands under my shirt and began to slide it off and that's when we heard a knock at the door.

“Jess, it's me, James. Could we talk?”

Our eyes met, “Kendall.”

“I understand” I said as I got off of her.

“Go to him.”
♠ ♠ ♠
:D