Edge of Desire

004

I was scrolling through my phone, I didn't know who I wanted to call first.

I didn't know who's voice I wanted to hear first.

I sighed. Maybe I would stay off of my phone and not talk to anyone today, just to clear my head. But the next thing I knew was I clicked her name and hit call.

"Hello?" Her soft voice said on the other line.

"Hi Baby." I said to my sweet girlfriend

"Hi Kendall."

"I told you I'd call, I wanted to apologize for last night. I shouldn't have just left like that."

"Why did you?"

"I was just tired, and didn't want to be accused of anything." I replied.

"Oh. I'm sorry too. I love you Kendall and I should trust you. I do trust you."

"Good."

Kelly and I stayed on the phone for a few hours talking about, well honestly nothing. We finally hung up and I scrolled past her name again feeling guilty. I told her I'd call her, but I just think it wasn't a good idea to keep her around anymore.

No matter how bad I wanted to talk to her.

Image


Two weeks had passed and I hadn't said one word to Jess. I felt bad. I told her I wanted to keep her as a friend and then I just abandoned her without saying a word.

She had texted me twice during the two weeks, once to say hi and that we needed to talk and the other said 'Kendall, are you ignoring me? Did I do something?'

I felt bad.

"Hello?"

"Hey Jess. It's Kendall."

"Oh, I forgot you even existed" She scoffed.

"I know, and I'm really sorry about that Jess."

"Whatever."

"How about we go out for coffee or something right now?" I asked very hopeful.

"Thanks, but no thanks. I have to go Kendall."

"Wait! How bout we just hang at your place for a little bit?" I suggested.

"Uh, I don't think that's a good idea."

"Well, I think it is, because I'm already at your front door"

She groaned and opened her front door. I hung up the phone.

"Hi Jess."

She rolled her eyes. "You're an ass." She said back and she slammed the door in my face.

I sighed and knocked on her door. "Jess please let me in." I knocked again and the door swung open.

"Go away Kendall." She began to close the door once more, I placed my foot in the door to stop it from closing.

"Please let me in."

She opened her door to let me inside. "What do you want Kendall?"

I stepped inside and shut the door behind me. "I wanted to apologize."

I moved closer to her. "Don't."

"Jess, I like you. I just needed some... some time to think about things. Can we please just talk about this?"

She shook her head side to side. "I don't think so."

I sighed. "The guys and all are all going out tonight and James wanted to know if you'd be his date. Give me a call if you want to come with us, wear something nice."

She rolled her eyes. "I'll pass."

"C'mon Jess, I told you I was sorry. Don't let James down for something I did. He really likes you."

"I'll think about it." She told me.

"I'll tell James to come pick you up here at 7:00. Be ready." I opened her front door "I'll see you later."

"Did you really come here to set up a date for me with your friend?"

I looked at her. "Be ready by 7 Jess. Goodbye."
♠ ♠ ♠
shorter chapter, only because it's a filler, more to come.

sorry I've been so busy with work! but please comment!