The Change

The First Time

-Jen's POV-

Today was the day I was going to come out of my shell. Brian had wanted me to sing for him and I had always been too scared. I'd always freeze up but when I played the piano that didn't happen. It was like I'd get so lost in the music that anything else in the world didn't exist. My audience was usually two five year olds not grown men. Brian had said he had a surprise for me and that Jimmy would be there to help him with it.

Now all I had to do was figure out which song to play. I had a notebook of songs I had wrote which no one knew about. They were extremely personal and I had never shared these feelings with anyone before.

Brian assured me there was a piano and any other instrument I may need. I highly doubted that. They didn't seem like the type of band that randomly had a Harp just sitting around. I'm sure they didn't and it was fine I could stay play that song on the piano if I wanted to.

When I was a kid I had taken piano lessons. At first I wanted nothing to do with it but once I got a little bit older and found out I was actually good at it I began to love it. It wasn't long before I was making up up my own songs and would sit at the piano for hours and play them. That was when I decided I wanted to learn another instrument. Something a lot of people didn't know to play. That's where the Harp came into play. I had only taken lessons for about a year but once I started randomly playing my own stuff I found that maybe one day it would come in handy. I'm still waiting for that day to come.

Jimmy was standing by the door when Brian pulled into a parking spot. This was a rare occasion where I had the entire weekend to myself. Our grandparents who we rarely saw wanted Tyler and Hannah to stay with them for the weekend and I really couldn't say no. They had ever right to see them but what hurt was that they didn't want to see me.

We had never gotten along and as I child I could never figure out why. It was because I wasn't their blood granddaughter. They frowned upon the fact that my parents had adopted me. They didn't believe in it. They kept saying 'just keep trying and god will give you the child you were meant to have'.

Those words have never left my mind.

I followed Brian and Jimmy into the studio, my eyes taking in every single detail. I had never been inside a real studio before and I suddenly felt excited to play for them.

They showed me around and tried to explain what certain things did but I was clueless and made a mental note to not touch anything. I didn't want to break anything.

"You ready baby?" Brian asked as he uncovered the grand piano.

I nodded and opened up my notebook. I still didn't know which song to play so I randomly turned to a page and decided to play whatever song appeared.

I sat down on the bench and played a few random cords as Jimmy and Brian messed around in what they said was the control room.

Finally I took a deep breath and began to play.

The song was called Missing and I wrote it when I was a teenager. It was the first song I wrote and it was about my feelings about my adoption. Why they didn't want me, why others couldn't accept me. It was a way for me to get my feelings out and I had been writing ever since.

When I was done I looked through the window at Jimmy and Brian who just stood there with their mouths open. Neither of them said anything for several minutes and I began to get nervous. Was I really that bad?

"Could one of you say something please?" I asked.

Brian said something to Jimmy that I couldn't hear before he walked through the door and made his way over to me. He took my face in his hands and kissed me deeply.

"Not only am I proud of you but that was beautiful. Where the hell have you been hiding that voice?"

I blushed. "I've always had it. I just rarely use it."

"Could you sing us another song?"

"Um I guess so." I said before turning back to my notebook. "Will you pick it?"

Brian nodded and sat down on the bench beside me. Grabbing my notebook he flipped through the pages before setting my notebook back onto the piano.

"That one."

I nodded and began to play. I was so into the music I never noticed Brian give a thumbs up to Jimmy from his spot next to me.

He had chose Swimming Home. One of my newer songs. I decided to do three in all and ended with Lost In Paradise. After I was finished I sat back with Brian and Jimmy talked. A few minutes later Brian grabbed his guitar and sat a few feet away from me while Jimmy sat at the piano.

"I've been working on this for a while and.. well it's not finished yet but I really wanted to play it for you. I hope you like it baby." Brian said before he and Jimmy started playing.

I had never heard Brian sing before but he sang with so emotion and once I really started paying attention to the words I found myself crying. Brian set his guitar down once they were done and I immediately got up from chair and sat in his lap. My arms wrapped around his neck and I just cried. I felt him kiss my forehead as his arms were wrapped securely around my waist.

"Thank you." I cried.

"You're welcome baby." He whispered in my ear.

I reached out to Jimmy who took my hand and smiled at me. It took a while for me to calm down but once I did I thanked them both again before Brian decided it was time for us to go. Jimmy was staying behind to work on some things so Brian and I headed out to his Escalade and drove home.

------


"I'm glad you liked the song." Brian said as he ran his fingers through my hair. We were now back at my place watching a movie on the couch. We had already ate dinner and I now had my head resting on his lap.

"I loved it."

He smiled and leaned down to kiss my cheek. "Well I liked yours too. You have a beautiful voice."

"Thank you. I still can't believe I had enough guts to do that."

"I'm telling ya. It was because you pictured me in my underwear."

I giggled and sat up facing him. "Maybe instead of picturing it I'l like to actually see it."

Brian raised an eyebrow. "What are you saying?"

I grabbed hold of his hand and played with his fingers. "I think we should take the next step in our relationship." I paused looking up and into his dark eyes. "I'm ready Brian."

He sat up straight and looked at me. "Are you sure?"

I smiled. "I'm sure."

He smiled and kissed me deeply. I straddled his waist and felt him wrap his arms around me. He carefully got to his feet and slowly made his way up the stairs with me in his arms. He eventually found his way into my bedroom and gently laid me back onto the bed. I pulled him down with me.

"Jen?"

"Yeah?"

Brian smiled down at me. "I love you."

I felt my eyes begin to water as I smiled back at him. "I love you too."

His smiled widened and he leaned down and kissed me before we removed each others clothes and made love all night long.
♠ ♠ ♠
Lots of firsts in this chapter! About time they did it huh? What will happen between them now?

Comment and Subscribe..

Jen