The Change

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

-Jen's POV-

I slowly opened my eyes and squinted as the morning sun shined brightly through my window. Last nights events played over in my head and I smiled. I felt the bed shift from behind me and Brian tighten his grip on my waist.

"Mmm good morning beautiful." Brian murmured as he buried his face in my neck.

"Good morning."

"What I wouldn't give to wake up like this every morning."

I giggled and rolled over to face him. "You look so tired." I said as I caressed his cheek.

"You wore me out." He said jokingly. "How'd you sleep baby?"

"Best nights sleep I've had in a while."

He grinned. "I bet."

I smacked his bare chest playfully. "Pervert."

He just smiled and kissed me softly. We just laid there for several minutes not saying a word and just enjoying our time together. We knew we'd eventually have to get up so any alone time we were able to have with each other we were taking.

We laid in bed for a good hour before I heard the doorbell ring. Getting out of bed I put on my robe and headed downstairs. My grandparents had brought the twins home early.

"Were they good?" I asked after a few minutes of silence.

"Yes. Perfect little angels. Our pride and joys." My grandma smiled.

I nodded with a slight frown and watched as she said goodbye to them. My grandpa was waiting in the car.

She was about to walk out the door when Brian came down the stairs in nothing but a pair of black jeans. His hair was sticking up in every direction.

"Who's at the door babe?" He asked rubbing the sleep out of his eyes.

Grandma looked at me disapprovingly before turning her attention to Brian. "I'm Hannah and Tyler's Grandmother and you are?"

"I'm Brian. Jen's boyfriend." He said politely as he offered his hand to her.

She stared at it for a few seconds before accepting it. "Nice meeting you."

"Likewise."

She gave him a half smile before saying a final goodbye to the twins before walking out the door. I sighed and felt Brian wrap his arms around me from behind.

"Don't let her get to you baby. Just think about last night and put a smile on that beautiful face." I did and he kissed my cheek. "Go take a shower and get dressed. We'll take the twins and go out for breakfast."

------


Monday morning came faster than I wanted it to and before I knew it I was back at work going through new orders. I seemed to be the only doing my work. The other girls were crowded around Neka's computer probably looking at porn.

"I cannot believe this. He's dating HER?" Neka got up from her seat and stormed over to my desk. "What the fuck Jenna?"

"What?" I asked looking up at her.

"You and Syn that's what. It's all over the internet."

"It is?" I didn't really care about that kind of shit. All I cared about was Brian.

"That's all you have to say? You're fucking him aren't you or are you just trying to take his money? I knew there was something about you that I didn't like. You're just a gold digging slut." She spat before slapping me across the face.

"Neka!"

Everyone turned to see Brian standing in the doorway with narrowed eyes.

"Syn.. uh, hi." She said with a cheerful smile.

"Pack your shit and get out. Don't bother coming back either. You're fired."

"What? Syn I really need this job."

"Maybe you should have thought about that before you assaulted one of my employees." He said as he walked over to check my face. "Are you okay?"

I nodded. "I'm alright."

"Come on. You're taking the rest of the day off." He said helping me out of my chair.

"You're going to give her special treatment now?"

Brian's head turned in Neka's direction and he sent her a death glare. "This is your last warning Neka. Leave or I'm calling security."

She pouted before turning on her heel and marched over to her desk. She grabbed her things and stomped out making sure to slam the door behind her.

"Kristin take over the orders for today will ya?"

She nodded. "Sure thing boss."

Brian grabbed my things before we made our way out to the parking lot. "Are you sure you're okay?"

"Yeah, it just stings a little."

"She had no right to hit you and if she weren't a girl I would have punched her fucking lights out."

"Calm down Bri." I said gently grabbing his face. "I'll live."

He sighed softly. "I know. I just didn't want anyone to physically harm you because you're dating me and here I thought the fans were going to be bad."

I smiled. "Neka's just jealous. It's nothing I can't handle."

"Well if something like this happens again tell me and I'll take care of it."

"Don't worry I will." I kissed him softly. "I love you."

He smiled. "I love you too. Now come on, let's get out of here."

It was still early in the day and since we had nothing to do Brian suggested we take a ride on his motorcycle. He had a helmet for me and I had to admit I was a bit scared. I had never been on a motorcycle before but Brian assured me that he wouldn't let anything happen to me.

The drive was so relaxing. We headed down the coast and I think Brian just enjoyed the fact that I was holding so tightly to him. We got back a few hours later and I still had time to kill before the twins would be home from school so I took that time to wrap some Christmas presents. Brian had some he wanted to wrap so he brought them over and wrapped them all up. I was almost done buying everything but I still had one last thing to get.

Something for Brian.

I wanted to get him the perfect gift but I really had no idea what to get him. What do you get for the guy that has everything? I'm sure I'll figure it out and hopefully soon. It'll be Christmas morning before I know it.

Once everything was wrapped Brian helped me hide them just before the kids got home. We were going to put our tree up after dinner. They couldn't wait and honestly neither could I.
♠ ♠ ♠
Two in one day. Go Me! Any ideas for what Jen can get Brian for Christmas will be greatly appreciated. My brain isn't working and I can't come up with anything on my own.

Comment and Subscribe..

Jen