The Change

My Heart Is Broken

-Jen's POV-

It was now three days before Christmas and I was avoiding the stores as much as possible. My shopping was done, the presents were wrapped and all I had left to do was to make Christmas dinner. I had my menu planned out and was actually shocked when Brian said he wanted to be there Christmas morning when the twins opened their presents. He loved them just as much as they loved him.

We had decided to take Tyler and Hannah to the movies. We let them sit a couple rows in front of us with their own drinks and popcorn. They were only a month away from turning six and loved it when I let them do things like this.

Brian and I shared a large popcorn and a drink as we sat in the last row of the theater. The kids had picked the movie so neither of us were surprised that it was a cartoon. We didn't care though. We just talked quietly amongst ourselves and had a great time.

After the movie was over Brian said he was taking everyone out for ice cream and as we walked down the street to the ice cream parlor I couldn't but smile. It felt like we were actually a family.

When we got home I was surprised to see my grandparents car in the driveway.

"Grandma what's going on?" I asked worried that something had happened. She just shook her hand and pulled out a large pack of papers from her purse.

"I will be taking the children right after the first of the year."

"What?" I asked as my eyes scanned the documents.

"I have a court order Jenna and there is nothing you can do about it. They are my biological grandchildren and the states as granted my wishes to take them out of your care. Since you are not a blood related family member the state feels it be best for them to be raised by their family."

"But Mom and Dad.."

"Jenna.. I understand that you want to fulfill Michael and Elizabeth's wishes but you have no experience in raising children. You are not a mother. You do not know what that bond feels like. I will be picking them up on January 2nd. You will be back to have visitation and phone calls but they will no longer be living here."

"Why are you doing this? They're the only family I have."

She shook her head and took my hand in her's. "They are not your real family Jenna. You're real family is out there somewhere and I think you should try to find them. I will not have my grandchildren living in sin any longer. If you want to continue acting like a slut then go right ahead but you will not do that with my grandchildren here."

I felt tears falling from my eyes as I started at the court order in my hands. I was losing the only family I had left and there was nothing I could do about it.

She left a few minutes later leaving me standing there staring off into space. Brian had taken the twins inside and came back out after she left. He didn't say a word he just took me in his arms and I broke down. I knew he had heard everything that was said so I didn't have to explain it to him.

I couldn't understand why she would do this. What did I ever do to her to deserve this?

------


Tyler and Hannah were sound asleep when my Grandpa called. At first I didn't want to answer but I didn't want the phone to wake them up.

"Jenna sweetie, it's Grandpa please pick up the phone."

Taking a deep breath I picked up the phone and pressed it to my ear. "Hi Grandpa."

We talked for a while and he told me he tried everything he could to get Grandma to change her mind. Unlike her, he loved me and never thought any different of me because I was adopted.

"You will always be a part of this family and I am very proud of the woman you've become."

I smiled as a few tears fell from my eyes. "Thank you."

"Ever since Elizabeth.. your Grandma's just.."

"I know."

We talked for a few more minutes before he had to go. I placed the phone back on the charger and nearly jumped out of my skin when I saw Brian standing in the doorway.

"I can stay tonight if you want me to."

I nodded and watched as he made his way over to me. He pulled me into his lap and I rested my head on his shoulder.

"You know I am here for you no matter what, right?" I nodded. "I love you so much and I'll do whatever I can to help you get those kids back."

"There's nothing you can do Brian. She's right. I'm not blood related. I'm nothing to them."

"That is not true and you know it. You are their sister, the one who dropped everything for them. You're Grandma hasn't done shit for them. You deserve to raise them not her."

I just nodded and wiped my tears away. Brian kissed my cheek softly and pulled me back onto the bed with him where he just held me and whispered sweet nothings into my ear.

------


-Brian's POV-

I looked down at Jen who had fallen asleep in my arms. I wanted nothing more than to take her pain away but I had no idea what to do. I felt useless. She had been going through hell for months and now this shit. I was beginning to wonder if she'd ever be truly happy.

I gently laid her down on the bed before changing her into a pair of pajamas. I had seen her naked several times so it wasn't like I was really doing anything wrong. I'm sure she would have done the same for me.

Stripping down to my boxers I climbed back into the bed and carefully pulled her back into my arms. She snuggled up against me as I pulled the covers over us. I wanted to do something for her. Something that would always make her happy. I thought about asking her to move in with me or even marry me but it was way too soon for that. Everything I thought of just sounded crazy and I'm sure she'd run the other way if she knew what I was thinking.

Deep down I knew that Jen felt alone but she wasn't. I was here, the guys were here. We'd never let her go through any of this alone. I wanted her to have a family. She needed a support system that I couldn't give to her. Not that I don't support her because I do but she needs people she can turn to when I'm on tour.

I wanted to find her birth parents.

I wanted her to have that bond with someone that she so desperately wanted. I had already made some calls and found out a lot of information about them but I didn't want to tell Jen until I had found them. Her birth mother didn't seem to want anything to do with her but her father was a different story. I hadn't actually talked to him but from what I was told he wanted to meet her.

But he lived out of the country and was so busy with work that he didn't have the time to come to California. If it were me and I had the chance to meet my long lost daughter I would have been on the first flight here.

Maybe that's what I needed to do. Maybe that was the one that I could do to make Jen happy. Not only could I reunite her with her father but I could give her something else. Something she's always wanted.

A child of our own.
♠ ♠ ♠
More soon.. that is all!

Comment and Subscribe..

Jen
Tyler and Hannah