The Change

Viva Las Vegas

-Brian's POV-

It was now the end of February. February twenty second to be exact and were in Las Vegas for Jen's twenty first birthday. I had planned the entire weekend weeks in advance and surprised her with it at the last minute. She had been sick for the past week but insisted that she was still going. Her exact words were 'There is no way I am laying sick in bed on my 21st birthday'. So while she went to the doctor I packed.

Jen hadn't been the same since the twins were taken away. She loved those kids like they were her own and it broke my heart to see her so miserable.

We were staying at the Palms. The guys, the girls, and everybody in between. I wanted my baby to have the best birthday ever and I couldn't think of any other place to celebrate it than Vegas. I wanted everything to be perfect for her and if anything went wrong someone's head was going to be bashed into a wall.

Last night Jen and I spent the evening alone just walking around and taking in the sights. She had never been here before and I wanted to make sure she got the full experience. She's been a lot quieter than normal and I wondered if something was wrong. I know she has a lot on her mind but something about her is different and I can't quite put my finger on it.

I had planned a huge party for her inviting practically everyone I knew. I think she was a little star struck and maybe even a little overwhelmed with everything that was happening. She wasn't used to being the center of attention.

We played random slot machines as well as black jack and poker. She caught on quickly and even seemed to be having fun. I wanted her to let lose and show me the party girl I knew was buried inside of her.

"Are you sure you don't want a drink?" I asked as we finally got some time to ourselves. She was twenty one now and could drink as much as she wanted but for whatever reason anytime I'd offer she'd turn it down and ask for water instead.

"I'm sure. I'll just stick with water."

"Jen are you sure everything is okay? You've been acting weird ever since you went to the doctor."

She sighed and grabbed my hand pulling me outside. I was getting nervous that something was seriously wrong with her.

"What's wrong baby?"

She took my hands in hers and she looked scared. This only worried me more. "There's something I need to tell you and.. I don't know how.."

"Whatever it is I can handle it. Please tell me." I begged.

She took a deep breath before looking up at me with tears in her beautiful brown eyes.

"I'm pregnant."

I blinked. Pregnant? She's pregnant? With my kid.. that's my kid in there. I'm gonna be a dad!

"What?" I asked wanting to make sure I heard her right.

"I'm pregnant. We're.. we're gonna have a baby."

I screamed so loud I think the entire country heard me. I scooped her up into my arms and spun her around. I had never been so happy in my life.

I kissed her deeply and finally saw a smile on her face. "I'm going to be a daddy?"

She nodded and rested her head against mine. "And I'm going to be a mommy."

I kissed her again and hugged her tight. People were giving us strange looks but I didn't care. February twenty second was now officially my favorite day of the year.

We headed back inside after talking for a few minutes and anyone tried to offer alcohol I'd yell at them. I guess she could wait until after the baby was born to have her first drink because she sure as hell wasn't drinking anything tonight.

Jen seemed to be a lot more relaxed after she told me about the baby. She was about seven weeks along and due at the beginning of October. I honestly couldn't wait. I had already seen how she was with Tyler and Hannah and I couldn't wait to see her with our baby.

She was going to be an incredible mother.

------


-Jen's POV-

I had been a nervous wreck since finding out I was pregnant but felt nothing but relief after telling Brian. I was so scared of his reaction or that he'd leave me but he didn't. He wanted this baby just as much as I did.

Brian had been yelling at anyone that offered me a drink. I couldn't help but giggle. All night he had been trying to get me to drink and now alcohol was off limits. I just rubbed my stomach and smiled.

I wasn't showing yet and I wouldn't for a few more months. A lot of women freak out when they put on pregnancy weight. Me, I couldn't wait. I had always wondered what it would be like to be pregnant and now I was. I was having a baby with a man that I absolutely adored and I couldn't be happier.

The next couple months were going to be hard on me. Not just the pregnancy but because of the trial. As promised my dad had got me the best lawyer money could buy. My attorney, Mr. Dawson, had contacted my Grandma's attorney and tried to settle everything out of court but as usual Grandma wouldn't agree to anything so now we were all headed into a trial to see who was the better guardian for Tyler and Hannah.

The trial was set to start first thing Tuesday morning. I had no idea how long it would last but I am going to fight to the death for those kids. I will never give up on them.

I had talked to both of them several times on the phone and even went to visit. They were miserable and begged me to take them home. Brian had suggested kidnapping them but that would only go in her favor and I couldn't let that happen. She could throw anything she wanted at me. I had just as much to throw back. I would never let her win.

"You're thinking again aren't you?" Brian asked snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Always." I smiled.

"Relax baby. We're here to have fun and even though things are a little slowed down right now." He paused to place his large hand on my tummy. "I want you to have some fun. It is your birthday after all. Anything my baby wants my baby gets."

"Anything?"

He nodded. "Anything."

Grinning I grabbed hold of his hand and drug him towards the elevators. "I want you.. naked.. now."

"Yes ma'am."

I squealed when Brian picked me up into his arms and made a mad dash for our room.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am so thankful for the recent comments on this story, especially to Charmed20 for defending me. It meant so much to me to know you guys want me to continue and love Jen. So thank you.. I hope to create more stories that you all love.

Jen's Background and Family

Comment and Subscribe..

Jen