The Change

Syn Gates Clothing

-Jen's POV-

I walked hand in hand with the twins to Brian's front door. I didn't know why I was so nervous but I was. Hannah pressed the button for the doorbell and it wasn't long before the door opened. All three of our heads looked up as an incredibly tall guy stood before us.

I must have had the wrong house because he was not Brian.

"Holy shit Legs is here." He mumbled then turned and ran away.

"Sorry about him. Jimmy's a bit strange sometimes. Come in." Brian said.

I smiled and the three of us made out way inside. The twins were glued to me and I think they were a bit scared. I couldn't blame them I was a bit scared myself.

I could see his friends out back by the grill. They seemed to be fighting over the food.

"Don't worry. They do this all the time. Can I get you something to drink?"

"Um sure. No alcohol please."

He nodded and got me a can of coke out of the refrigerator. "Um what can they have?"

"Milk is fine."

Brian poured them each a glass of milk and set them down at the table. "Have a seat. I'll see what I can do about wrestling some food away from them."

Hannah and Tyler climbed up into a couple of chairs while I sat down at the head of the table. I watched as Brian made the plates and carried them inside with the help of one of his friends.

"This is Zacky. Z this is Jen, Hannah, and Tyler." Brian introduced us and set the plates down on the table. "I didn't know what you liked so I got a little of everything." He said as Zacky set the ketchup and mustard down on the table.

"Thank you." I smiled and immediately put ketchup on the kids hot dogs. They dug right in while I got my own food ready. We ate in silence while Brian and his friends ate outside. Once the kids and I were done I took our empty plates into the kitchen and placed them in the sink.

Hannah and Tyler wanted to outside and play so I went to tell Brian we were leaving.

"Hey um we're gonna go."

"Why? You just got here." He said as he got up from his chair.

"I know but Hannah and Tyler want to go out and play and--"

"They can play here. My yard is bigger than yours and they are more than welcome to it." He said cutting me off.

"Are you sure?"

He nodded and took a sip of his beer. "Positive."

"Well.. alright.."

The twins ran out into the back yard and stopped as soon as they saw the pool. They started begging me if they could go swimming but Brian told them they could before I could even open my mouth. I rushed home and got their swimsuits before going back and changing them. They both knew how to swim but I brought their floaties along anyway.

"You seem to be a natural with them." Brian said as he sat down beside me. The kids were in the pool with a couple of his friends and having a blast.

"I've always loved kids." I said never taking my eyes off of them.

"Um I know this is none of my business and you don't have to answer but.. where are your parents? Why do you have them?"

I sighed as the tears instantly formed in my eyes. "They died."

"I'm so sorry."

"They had went out for their anniversary. It was late when they were coming home and.. they were hit head on by a drunk driver." I said softly. "I was in New York when I got the call."

Brian sighed. "I'm really sorry. I shouldn't have asked."

I shook my head. "No it's alright. It's kind of nice to be able to talk to someone about it. I can't talk to Tyler and Hannah they just don't understand."

"So you uh handled everything on your own?"

I nodded. "Both funerals, their wills, everything. If I hadn't come home Tyler and Hannah would have been given to the state. I'm the only family they have so I'm hoping my job interview goes good tomorrow or I'm screwed."

"What kind of job if you don't mind me asking?"

"For a clothing company here in Huntington. Syn Gates Clothing. Whatever that is."

"Really?" He said trying not to chuckle. "I know the owner. I could put in a good word for you."

"You'd really do that for me?" I asked looking over at him.

He smiled. "Sure. I know the owner so well we're practically the same person."

"I can't have you do this for me and not do something in return. Name it and it's yours." I told him and wondered if I should have thought about those words before they came flying out of my mouth. Who knows what he would want from me and I was a little scared to find out.

He licked his dry lips and smirked at me. "Wait until you get the job then we'll talk."

I nodded. "Okay."

------


I was nervous as fuck as I stood in my new closet and got dressed. This thing was a room within itself and I loved it. I never had a closet this big before. I got ready as quickly as I could before running downstairs to get the door. Since I had no idea where I was going Brian had offered to give me a ride.

"Wow. You must really want this job."

I blushed. "Yeah I need it. The only reason we came over last night was because I didn't have enough money to go grocery shopping." I confessed.

"You don't have any money?"

I shook my head. "No."

"Well as promised Jimmy and Zacky are here to watch the kids."

Before we came home last night both of them had offered to watch Tyler and Hannah for me since I didn't have a babysitter. I would only be gone a couple of hours so I knew they would be okay.

"Just let me get my purse and I'll be ready to go."

Brian nodded before all three of them made their way inside. I had yet to get the cable hooked up so the twins were watching movies on the DVD player.

"Okay you two be good and I'll be home soon." I gave them each a hug before walking out the door with Brian.

"I hope I wasn't keeping you from anything today." I said as Brian backed out of the driveway.

He shook his head. "Nah I have one little appointment to take care of then I'm free the rest of the day."

The drive was pretty short and before I knew it I was sitting in the waiting room. Brian had went to talk to my future boss about me. I hoped I wouldn't screw this up.

"Jenna Andrews? Mr. Gates will see you now."

Taking a deep breath I got to my feet and made my way into his office. All I could see was the back of his chair and Brian was nowhere to be found. How could he have walked passed me without me seeing him?

The chair slowly turned and my mouth dropped open when I noticed who was sitting in it.

"Brian?"

"The name's Synyster Gates babe. Have a seat."
♠ ♠ ♠
I feel like crap today but I wanted to get this chapter finished. Enjoy!

Comment and Subscribe..

Jen - Interview
Brian's House