The Change

First Day On The Job

-Jen's POV-

I groaned as my alarm clock went off. I really didn't want to get out of bed but I had to. The bills wouldn't pay themselves. Climbing out of bed I slowly made my way into the bathroom to take a shower. I loved having my own shower and don't know how I went this long without one.

I already knew what I was planning to wear to work and it was nice to be able to wear just about anything I wanted. Taking Brian's advice I planned to wear my new Syn Gates shirt, a jean skirt, and my favorite black sandles. Brian had also given me a Syn Gates pendant which I absolutely loved. I couldn't keep taking things from him and planned on paying him back as soon as I could.

By the time I was ready the twins were awake and waiting for me in the kitchen. Since I couldn't take them with me and couldn't afford a sitter Zacky and Jimmy offered to take turns watching them for me until they went on their next tour.

I ate a quick bowl of cereal with Tyler and Hannah before the doorbell rang. Getting up from my chair I headed for the door and opened it smiling when I saw Brian standing there.

"Hey Bossman."

He just grinned. "Hi Jen. Is this what you plan on wearing to work?"

I nodded. "Yep. Do you approve?"

"Spin around. Slowly."

I did as told and looked up at him once I was facing him again. "Well?"

"I definitely approve."

I giggled. "So what brings you here so early?"

"I forgot to give you the passwords to get into the website." He said handing me a notebook. "Everything you'll need is in here. It might be a little all over all the place. The last person that took care of this shit for me ran the company into the ground."

"That's terrible. Who would do something like that?"

"My ex. It was her way of getting back at me for breaking up with her. Thankfully she's out of my life and I don't have to worry about her anymore."

I nodded as I flipped through the notebook. Everything was a mess and I had no idea how I was going to get any work done. I'd be spending the entire day just trying to find what I needed in this thing.

"Um if it's not too much trouble." Brian paused getting my attention. "Could you possibly re-do this thing for me? Get everything where it needs to be and all that shit."

I smiled. "It's no trouble. It might actually be fun."

He raised an eyebrow. "How would that be fun?"

"You've obviously never seen my CD and DVD collection. If it's not in alphabetical order it bugs the shit out fo me."

He licked his lips and smirked. "I'll remember that."

A car pulled into the driveway and I smiled when Zacky got out of the car. He seemed dead on his feet but he smiled at me and made his way into the kitchen where the twins were leaving me alone with Brian once again.

"I'll be in around lunch time so.. I'll uh see ya then."

"Bye Brian."

He smiled before turning and heading back to his place. I shut the door and headed into the kitchen to say goodbye to the twins.

"Here's my cell phone number in case anything happens." I said writing it down for Zacky.

"I'm sure everything will be fine Jen but I'll keep it just in case."

"Thank you." I smiled and told the kids to be good before rushing out the front door.

------


I sat at my desk and flipped through the pages of the notebook Brian had given me. All the passwords were in it as long as several other things the company needed. I knew exactly how I was going to organize it it would just take some time.

The first thing I did was check to see if there were any new orders. Since I hadn't ever heard of the company I didn't expect very many.

Boy was I wrong.

There were tons of orders so I quickly went through them before sending them to the shipping department. They would get the orders sent out then I would update the status to let those that ordered know that their items were on there way.

I finished faster than I thought I would and started on this mess of a notebook. I decided to do different logs and documents, back them up onto an external and print them out. Those print outs would go into different labeled folders and be placed into the filing cabinet in Brian's office. I also planned on print out other copies which would go in a binder so if one set was misplaced there would always be another.

It took me nearly all day but I finished about twenty minutes before it was time to go home. Brian had stopped in like he said he was going to and brought everyone lunch. Apparently he didn't do that very often but I didn't mind. I was in such a rush this morning that I didn't even think to bring a lunch with me.

I walking out to my car when I heard my phone go off. Pulling it out of my purse I saw I had a new text message.

'Hope you had fun at work today. See you when you get home.'

I figured it was just Zacky so I didn't reply. I got into my car and drove home glad that my first day was finally over.

Walking in the house I found that Zacky was nowhere to be found. I started to get worried but was relieved when I saw Brian in the back yard with the twins. They were playing with his dog while he sat and watched.

Tyler saw me first and ran over to hug me while Hannah continued to chase Pinkly. I wish I had that kind of energy.

"Did you get my text?" Brian asked.

"That was you?"

He nodded. "Zacky gave me your number. He had to go by the way so I offered to stay with them. I hope you don't mind."

"I don't mind." I said and took a seat next to him. "Thank you again."

"No need to thank me."

"No I do. You and the guys have already done so much for me and you don't even know me. I want to do something for you guys. What are you doing for dinner tomorrow night?"

"Nothing, why?"

"Call the rest of the guys. I want to make dinner for you."

He raised an eyebrow. "Are you sure we do tend to eat a lot?"

"I'm sure." I smiled. "I love to cook."

"Well.. alright. Even if they don't show up I'll be here."

"Perfect."

I was excited. I hadn't had the chance to cook a big meal since I still lived at home. My mom would always let me cook with her then eventually I got to make meals on my own. I couldn't wait to cook for these guys.

I just hoped they liked my food.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am so glad you all are liking this story. Thank you to everyone who has commented and subscribed. It means a lot.

So who all will show up for dinner? Will any of the other employees give Jen a hard time? More soon!

Comment and Subscribe..

Jen