Pausing For You (TeacherXStudent)

Defending Mr. Bull

It was lunch time. I had just gotten into the lunch room, and sat at the table that I usually sat at. After my friends had gotten to the table, we started to discuss about how things were there at school.
"History is the best subject," One of my guy friends at the table said. "Yeah, I agree, that class never gets boring." Another of my guy friends commented.
"No, you guys are wrong, Science is the best," Two of my girl friends at the table stated, "it's much more interesting than History."
The others at the table I was at sighed in unison. They then said, in unison, that English was the best class because it's always fun.
"I disagree with all of you," I told them. "Then what class do you think is best?" One of the guy friends I had at the table asked me. "Well, I think Math is,"
The whole table laughed. "No offense, but, you're wrong. The teacher's a weirdo." One of the girls said who were at the table. "He isn't, you guys, he's nice." I replied. "Not really," "He came here, from Texas, just to teach in this school. He made a big sacrifice, I'm sure." "Really?" "Yes, and you don't appreciate what he does so that we can do our best in Math."
My friends then made fun of the teacher of Math at our school, Mr. Bull, by mimicking him, saying things that he would say in his Southern accent. I frowned at them. "Please, stop it," I told them, "You're not giving him the respect he deserves." "Are you sure?" One of them asked. "I'm positive. And, if you don't stop now, I'm gonna leave." They just kept on mimicking him.
Infuriated, I stood up from the table with my lunch bag and left. I decided to go to the Science room, where there was a Study Hall. Usually, only the bright ones, not to be mean or anything about the others, went there so that they could study extra or so that they could finish homework that was due the next day/week.
I sat in the front of the classroom, where I would usually sit in any classroom. No one was sitting near me; they were sitting in groups in corners of the classroom. I didn't care, because I didn't want to talk to anyone, I just wanted to finish my lunch in peace, and, of course, that's what happened.
At the end of lunch, I walked out of the Science room, going to my locker. Math was the class that was next. I was happy about that; it was the best class, no doubt. After I had gotten the books that I needed for the last classes of the day, when I was close to the Math room, I bumped into someone.
"I'm sorry," I said quickly, before I noticed who I bumped into, Mr Bull. "It's alright, Lee," He replied to my apology in his Southern accent of his. "Why aren't you in your classroom, Mr. Bull?" I asked him. "I thought I left something in the front office, but now I realize that I didn't, so I'm going back know." "Okay," I said with a small smile. "I'll meet you in the classroom," He said to me. "Alright," I said, keeping my small smile, before I walked over and into the Math classroom.
♠ ♠ ♠
(I think I did well for my first chapter in this story. I hope I can get a good next chapter.)