Status: Being worked on!

Stay

Chapter 3

The sound of ringing woke me up. I opened my eyes slightly, looking at my alarm clock. 3:27. Who the hell is calling me at 3:27? I checked the caller ID... "Tom" I was deciding whether or not to answer it, so I just stared at it for a few rings and let it go to voice-mail. I'm sure if it was important he'd leave a message. A minute later the phone started to ring again. It was Tom.

I picked it up. "Hello?" My voice was quite because Leah was asleep.

"Babe, I'm really sorry.. you know I didn't mean it." He sounded sincere, but if he really cared he wouldn't have left me in the first place.

"Why'd you do it?" I had to try and be strong. I couldn't cry.

He sighed and waited a minute before a response. "I don't know... it was just in the moment. I was drinking and there were girls.. I just didn't want to do anything stupid and hurt you."

"Excuse me?" My voice was getting a bit louder. "You didn't want to do anything stupid to hurt me.. Okay, what were you planning on doing?"

"Like I said, I was drinking... And ---"

"And what? You were thinking about cheating on me again? And you left me, so that you could and it would be okay? But you expect me to get back with you." I said, cutting him off.

"You know I love you, babe. And I would never want to lose you."

"Yeah, well too late for that. You lost me." I hung up, turning my phone of. My eyes began to water, but I wiped the tears away.

I hope to God that I didn't wake up Leah. I can't let her know I'm upset about this. The reason I didn't want to talk to her before, is because she told me not to get back with him. She specifically said that it would happen again, and that I would be idiotic to get with him again. And all I said was you don't understand what it feels like to be in love.

She can't know that this is happening. That he's making me cry again. She'll just throw it in my face like she always does. She knows she was right. Heck, even I know she was right.

"Are you okay?" She said quietly.

Ugh. The one person who I didn't want to here that conversation did. I don't want to talk to her, but I need someone. And I do trust her more than anyone. Fine.

"No, I'm not." I sat up, turning on the light and looked over to her.

She turned over to face me. "I wish I wasn't right about him. I know the last thing you want to hear is I told you so."

I nodded, staring at her.

"I'm sorry." She got up and starting walking towards my bed. "I truly am." She sat next to me.

"I know you are.. it's just.." I paused. "It's just, I don't think you understand. You have the perfect boyfriend, the perfect friends, everything just goes right for you. I just wish one time it could go the way I want it to."

She gave me a look, I couldn't tell what she was trying to say by it. "You think that my life is perfect? You should know it's not. I have the same family issues as you. You're my sister, you should know my life's not perfect."

I shrugged and rolled over. "Get off my bed, I'm going to sleep."

She sighed and turned the lights off. "We're not done with this conversation. Goodnight." She walked back to her bed.

We were done with that conversation. Finished.