Status: Comment or Inbox me on this thought. I want to re-write this story. Meaning A LOT of changes. Still same basic story line...just different. Your Thoughts?

The Cousin

Chapter One

I frowned placing the last box into the back of my truck . Looking through the back window I could see my dogs, Kota , Sakura , Sapphire , and Skye all ready to go. Smiling slightly I turned and walked over to the barn. I pushed open the large doors and was instantly greeted by the sounds and smells of the horses. I walked over to Zeus’s stall and gently patted his snout. He bobbed his head making a noise at me. I giggled as he nipped at my hair.
“I’ll be back for you guys,” I whispered to him. “Don’t worry. I would never leave you alone.” I looked out to the other seven horses. “Never. I’ll find you a place to stay. I promise.” I kissed Zeus’s snout and walked back out of the barn to see Liz, the woman buying the house. She wasn’t that much older than I, we actually grew up together.
“Selene,” she said giving me a hug. “I’m so sorry to hear about your parents and your sisters.” She whispered.
I patted her back, “It’s okay.” I pulled back. “And about the horses, I just have to…”
“Don’t worry about it,” she said shaking her head. She reminded me so much of Caroline, one of my cousin, Elena’s, friends. “I’ll take care of them until you find a place for them.”
“Thanks,” I murmured. “I’d better get going.”
She gave me another hug, “Be safe.”
“I will,” I waved at her and headed back to the truck. I pulled open the door and climbed into the driver’s side. I started the car and headed for Mystic Falls.
***
I held my bag in one arm and the leashes in the other as I knocked on the familiar wooden door. There was a distinct “Coming!” from behind the door as I heard high heels click across the floor to the door. The door opened to reveal Elena. She was shocked for a moment but then threw her arms around me.
“Selene!” she cried.
“Hey,” I whispered hugging her back.
She pulled back, “How…How are you? And you’re throat…how is it?”
“Could be better,” I smiled slightly.
“It’ll get better,” she smiled. I nodded as she stepped back, letting me in the house, “Come in, Selene. Jenna and Jeremy are out right now, but I can help you with your boxes if you want.”
I eyed her, “Aren’t you suppose to be at school?” I whispered.
Elena scratched the back of her neck, “Well, um, yeah I guess I am but I have to go to Stefan’s house.” I lifted an eyebrow at her. “Oh, uhh, Stefan’s a friend of mine.”
“Boyfriend?” I smiled at her.
“It’s complicated.” I nodded at her smiling. “Well, um, I better get going. I promise as soon as I get back I’ll help you. You’re bed room is up stairs and the last one on the right.”
“Go,” I smiled whispering to her.
She nodded and quickly headed out the door. I unleashed the dogs and took my bag up to my new bed room . The walls were a light cream colour with two normal windows and a bay window. It already had a queen size canopy bed, a desk, three floor-to-ceiling book shelves, a dresser, and a small closet. I tossed my black leather duffle bag onto my new bed and hurried down the stairs to get the rest of my things.
The dogs lingered in the yard, taking in all the smells of their new home. The first box I grabbed was labeled “dogs”. Inside I knew it had all their food and water bowls, anything medical that I had received from the Vet, and toys. I trotted up the porch steps and into the kitchen. I opened the box and in a small corner I placed the two water dishes and a pink bowl labeled “Sakura”, a black bowl labeled “Kota”, a light blue bowl labeled “Skye”, and a dark blue bowl labeled “Sapphire”.
I closed the box up again and took it p to my room. I then started to grab the other boxes that were either labeled “clothes”, “CD’s/movies”, “book’s”, “school”, “shoes”, “posters/pictures”, or “other”. I left the few boxes that were labeled “horses” in my truck to be dealt with later.
I called the dogs back inside and closed the door behind me. Back up in my room I began to put all my shirts and dresses into my closet. Once that was done, I placed my undergarments, socks, pajama’s, jeans, and skirts into my dresser drawers. Next I began to put away my six boxes of books that were already placed in the order that I liked them. I smiled as I put away all my wonderful books. I had read each and everyone at least twice.
Once all the books were put away; I placed my movies and CD’s on the few remaining shelves. From my “school” and the “dogs” boxes I placed all the paperwork in the filing drawer in the desk. I tossed the dog toys onto the floor and set the box outside my door with the rest.
From my “other” boxes came my sheets, pillows, stereo, desk lamp, stuffed animals, incense burners, and toiletries. I stacked my sheets and pillows on my bed to make later, and placed my laptop, dragon incense burner, and desk lamp on my desk. I then took my toiletries down to the bathroom.
Leaving my stuffed animals in the boxes for now, I took my “shoes” boxes and started to neatly place my shoes in my closet. I then set up my pictures of myself, my family, and my pets on my desk, dresser, and bedside table. I then started to take out my many posters. “The Runaway’s”, “Never Back Down”, “The Dark Knight”, “True Blood”, “Harry Potter years one through seven”, and certain characters like Luna, Bellatrix, and Hermione, “Ever After”, “The Tourist”, “The Lord of the Rings Trilogy”, “Pirates of the Caribbean one through four”, “Death Note”, “Beastly”, “Ghost Rider”, “The Fast and the Furious movies”, “Water For Elephants”, “Drag Me to Hell”, “Alice in Wonderland”, “Sweeney Todd”, “ and “Underworld Trilogy” movie posters. And my music posters, “Black Veil Brides”, “Falling in Reverse”, “Escape the Fate”, “Evanescence”, “Seether”, “Papa Roach”, “Skillet”, “Adelitas Way”, “Green Day”, “My Chemical Romance”, “My Darkest Day’s”, “Hinder”, “Red Jumpsuit Apparatus”, “Paramore”, “A Day to Remember”, “and Avril Lavigne”.
I was placing my bright blue comforter on my bed when Elena opened the door.
“Hey, I saw a few boxes,” her eyes widened and her voice grew faint, “and wanted to know if you needed…them.” I smiled and shook my head. “Wow,” she smiled, “your room looks amazing.” She walked in looking at my posters. “Did you do all this by yourself?” I nodded. “It looks amazing.”
“Thanks,” I murmured tucking my black hair behind my triple pierced right ear. I turned back to putting my pillows in my blue or purple pillow cases.
“Hey, uh, Selene,” Elena said as she paused in at the doorway. “Do you wanna go to this Halloween thing at the school tonight?” I looked up at her. “I’m gonna try and get Jeremy to go too. You can wear your costume from last year if you’d like…” I smiled and nodded. “Cool. Well, um, I’m gonna say that we’ll be leaving at eight. Okay?” I nodded and she left the room with an awkward wave.
I finished making my bed and placing all my stuffed animals on it before I went over to my closet. I opened it up and pulled out my Selene, from “Underworld”, costume out. I closed my blinds and quickly pulled off my Reptar “Rawr means I love you” tee shirt and my red foil skinny jeans . I pulled off my Reptar, “Eff It” and “I Am Music” bracelets, took off my monster necklace, my purple earrings, and my little bows. I then pulled on my skin tight black leather jumpsuit and corset. I pulled on my black combat boots and put my fake guns in their holders around my waist. I pulled on the leather trench coat and tucked my winged heart necklace in my suit before walking down to the bathroom with my blue contacts and short black wig. I put in the bright blue contacts and tucked my hair into the wig just as Elena opened the door from one of the two side doors connecting the bathroom to Elena’s and Jeremy’s rooms, with a nurse outfit on. She jumped when she noticed I was standing there.
“Oh, um, sorry.” She went to close the door but I caught it shaking my head.
“I’m done,” I whispered. “Is Jeremy coming?”
“Yeah he’s in his room right now getting ready.”
Smiling I nodded and quickly ran back down to my room and stuffed my phone into my bra before going down the steps. I jogged back down the steps with the dogs following behind me. I saw Jeremy and Elena waiting at the front door to me. I held up a finger and ran into the kitchen. I quickly feed the dogs and then returned back to the hall.
“Selene!” Jeremy smiled hugging me. I smiled hugging him back. “How have you been?”
“Good,” I whispered as he let go.
“Ready?” Elena asked opening the door. We nodded and headed out to Elena’s car.