Status: In Progress

Here We Go Again

Chapter 2-Distraction

Oh, the shore, the ocean, the cute boys, and beach volleyball. My paradise and I’m actually here! Ah, what could be in store for today?

“Oh my God! You’re here!” shouted my friend Meghan as I came out of my car.

“Oh Karissa! You made it!” shouted Paige as she greeted me with a hug.

Oh, now I remember why I love these girls. Can you feel the love?

“KARISSA!!!!” shouted Maria as she tackled me with a hug.

“Ooof! Get off of me! Can’t. Breathe!”

“Haha sorry. I always forget about that!”

“Oh, it’s okay. I’m getting used to it!”

“Hey girl! It’s about time you got here!“ Ann greeted me.

Boy, do I love these girls! What a welcome they gave! This day should be quite interesting.

“Come play volleyball with us! We’re losing but with your help, we can kick their butts!” shouted Katie with an excited yet convincing smile.

There’s no way I can refuse that!

“Haha okay, I’m in!”

“Yes!” she said with a high-five.

I took my usual spot in our side of the net and got into position to play. I was more than ready for this!

“Eleven serving five!” yelled the server for the other team.
She had no idea what was coming for her!

Up, up, up it went and BAM! It went down. No one could get it as it hit the sand and I did my victory dance since that was my first winning spike!

Oh, it’s on girls!

♥ ♥ ♥

Two hours later and the score was thirty to twenty-eight. And you thought I wasn’t good at this!

But unfortunately, the game wasn’t over just yet. It was the last five minutes and it was time for my final spike. It came to me and I missed it. Everyone was disappointed.

Of course, I’d been thinking about Robbie when this happened! Why did he have to enter my mind at such a terrible time? Why couldn’t this happen when I wasn’t in the middle of an intense volleyball game?

This is what got annoying about the constant wondering: it always came at the worst moments. During an important math test, during the most important volleyball game, during an amazing concert, or during a deep talk with a friend.

How could I make it stop? There was only one way but we all knew it could never happen.

I sighed, as I knew this would probably never end.