Status: NEW

It Never Ends.

Two

Currently, I am sitting in a fort I made with a few chairs and blankets, and I am furiously pressing buttons on my controller. I know it is not the best thing to be doing because the blankets seem to always fall down whenever I move too much, but I enjoy it. In fact, today (actually, everyday) I dedicate my life to games. And today just happens to be all about Skyrim because a friend of mine begged me to buy it. I have been recently obsessing with The Legend of Zelda, but Immanuel thinks my obsession is getting out of hand, so he convinced me into playing something different.

I must say I like playing games in an arcade, though. There is nothing like actually sitting on that stool and pressing your face against the glass with your tongue poking out of the side of your mouth, as you jiggle the joystick around and press the four red and blue buttons.

I do not think anyone admires me for spending my weekends at an arcade rather than a party, but I go on a budget. It is not like I spend all of my money on old school pacman. I go with thirty dollars (two tens, one five, and twenty quarters). When I run out, I walk a block and a half to the gas station and buy myself something to eat, which is usually chicken and fries, and then head home.

I guess I have to find something in the house tonight, since Imma thought I would rather play Skyrim with him this weekend. Speaking of Immanuel, he is laying on top of the table fort that he made. I think that is ruining the idea of having a fort, but who am I to tell him how to run his own fort? He is three years older than me, and he knows what he is doing. I would feel out of line, if I told him he was not allowed to lay on top of the fort he put together. His eyes are glued to the screen, as he watches me kill some guards.

"Zeke," He whines, "Can I play now?"

My character picks up some gold the guard dropped, and I toss the controller to him. Yawning, I try to lay down in my fort without messing it up.

Imma curses the other players, when he realizes they're trying to kill the dragon he just found. I roll my eyes. It really should not be that upsetting.

And success! I am officially comfortable in this fort.

-

"Does your neck or back hurt?" Imma asks. He is only really asking because we both fell asleep, and the floor is not very comfortable.

"My back is sore."

Imma grunts, "Well, my whole body is sore. This really sucks. We should camp out in your room next time."

"I do not have a television in my room. We would not be able to play Skyrim."

"We do not have to play Skyrim. We could just talk." He says, pouring himself a cup of lemonade.

I guess I should say that we are in the kitchen. I have a bowl of milk in front of me, since I just finished my first bowl of cereal. I reach for the box again and pour myself some more. Imma does not eat breakfast, so he simply watches me and sips at his drink.

"Talking is over-rated. Who does that any more?" I joke.

Imma and I laugh shortly before Imma starts to pull our things together for school. I do not really want to go, but I have to attend school. I cannot just stay at home all the time and play video games like I want to; instead, I must go to the seven hour prison and return home with what ever work was unfinished during the day.

I finish my cereal, and drop the bowl on the way to the sink. Well, I guess I have to clean up this mess before school today.

Immanuel hands me my backpack once I am done, and we walk to school.

On our way to our first class, Imma asks, "Do you think your mom would let me come over again tonight?"

I bite my lip and say, "I really doubt it. You spent almost the whole weekend at our house. You know how my mom is when it comes to having people over."

"Yeah. I was only curious. My parents will not be home until tomorrow. I will see if Pam's mom will let me spend the night or something."

"Good luck, Imma."

Leave it to me to trip on the way into my first class of the day.
♠ ♠ ♠
Zeke
Immanuel is based off of Zelda's nursemaid Impa.

I am sorry I did not get this out sooner. I have a boyfriend now, and I have to get everything ready for my finals. This is my last week of school until spring.