Status: ongoing

I'll be waiting...

Chapter 1

He’s been acting so strange lately that it makes me think beyond his actions. I consulted my friend and she said the most ridicule thing one could say.
“Weird? No, he’s always been so cold to everyone. I just don’t know how you can stand him. But anyway....HE’S SO DAMN GORGEOUS! Are you gonna break up with him sooner???” with that, I rolled my eyes and left her dreaming about my boyfriend.
Sheesh... Now I know how to be with a demon who disguises himself as an angel. Though, I don’t really get jealous over a gazillion girls running after him, yet even at times it does piss me off, I think I’ve known him better than to take trust off of him. My faith has always been with him ever since we’ve met and I could say I can trust whole of my life to him. But now, it looks like its as if he’s trying to hide something from me which I have to find out myself by all means.

“Here...” he was looking away when he was reaching a carton bag, which looked pretty fancy with all the ribbons and the elegant wrap it has. I was just looking at it.
We’re actually in one of the coffee shops near school where he told me to go before lunch which is really, really, and I repeat, really rare to happen.
“Uhm...what’s that?” I asked before getting it from his hands, my eyes on the gift.
He immediately flashed me with one of his pissed off glares that made me feel belittled.
“What do you think it is? A bomb?” he scowled which made some people turn their attention to us.
“When will you ever learn to be more sensible, Carol?” he crossed his arms, trying to cool his temper.
As for that, I didn’t mind him but continued unwrapping my pretty present.
“How cute!” I hugged the little white bear which nose was pink from the box. Then noticed that its other paw was holding a card and the other was a white rose.
“Sure I can really keep it?” I felt the excitement inside me.
“Why? Would You want to return it ? I’ll put it in trash.” he sounded a little bit irked again, though I know he’s just bluffing.
I just stuck a tongue out at him still continuing to play with my new toy bear. He half smiled for awhile until I glanced at him. He towed his head away from me to keep his happiness to himself, there was still a grin planted on his face.
I liked it, his smile. It’s very often that he pastes it on his face since he’s trying to hide that even a cold blooded beast like him also has that very warm, welcoming, loving, sweet, sensitive, caring side. I can’t even imagine a life not seeing him or hearing his angelic voice even for a day. I admit, I’m loving him more and more each day that my fear of losing him engraves. What would a life be without Dylan by my side?
The waiter then served our orders. Mine was lasagna, chocolate cake, banana split and mango juice while his was strawberry cake, which I ordered for him so he could try and taste it, also lasagna and triple sundae ice cream, which was also preferred by me.
We paid thanks to the waiter before started to munch our food. We both ate the lasagna first, then I sabotaged my chocolate cake.
Awhile later, I felt as if someone from my front was staring at me. I looked from where I could sense it and saw Dylan who refrained from eating but was the one looking at me while his hands were clasped together under his nose, elbows on the table.
I looked at him without cleaning my murderer like face asking him why he suddenly stopped eating. He stared at me with a playful-about-to-burst-into-laughing-smile then leaned closer to me.
“Know why?” he inquired.
Getting eager, I leaned my face closer to his with a big question mark on my face.
“Why?” I asked. He just stared with still the annoying playful face.
“You just look awfully beautiful when you’re eating.” He smirked. I blushed with his compliment, “ Especially when...” I gulped, I wanted to just stand up and leave him alone not until he held my face gently, “there’s chocolate smudged all over your face!” he gave off a laugh with a hand covering his mouth and another holding his aching stomach.
I pouted while getting a tissue to wipe it off my face.
“You’re cruel!” I told him, irritated at what he’d done playing me.
He laughed for awhile before having to control himself to calm down.
“Then just let me help you...” he got another tissue and meekly cleans my face. My eyes locked into his. This is the first time that he just wiped my face, and first time I see him almost as if he’s enjoying it. My heart suddenly raised beyond its normal pressure. My ears could hear nothing but the loud thumping of my heart. Oblivion was encaging me with him, when suddenly a question strucked my mind, ‘Does he really love me as to serve me? And if he does, then why won’t he spill what’s the thing that’s bugging him?”
Feeling the heavy weight of my stare, he looked at me quizzically before asking me ,“Why?”
I exchanged the same expression as what he had. “Why...” I said.
“You looked worried.” He said. Ooops! I forgot he can see right through me.
“Well, I just want to ask you a question.” He got silent, finished all the smudges in my face then leaned on his chair with his arms crossed.
“Don’t jerk, ok? I just want to know if you have any problem since these past few weeks its as if you’ve lost yourself. Please tell me the truth...” I looked to his eyes though he evades mine.
Silence then reigned. I was banking on the idea that he was contemplating on whether he would tell me or not. But as expected of him...
“ I told you I wouldn’t involve you in any of my problems, so don’t worry.” He said informatively.
“ there’s no problem that I couldn’t solve and if there is...”
“It’s eithernot existing or better yet, haven’t been created still.” Seriousness never left him until the very last word he said. I just kept my eyes on him.
After we have paid our bill, he stood up, I behind him, went to his car opening the passenger’s seat door for me, gestured me to go inside and when I have he shut it softly, walked to the driver’s door opening it, sitting inside started the car, shut his door then hurled away to the road. Not even a single word came out from him since.
Even if he wouldn’t tell me, I know he’s battling on a greater war alone, with no one to help him. Alone in a field engirded by his enemies. Whatever it takes, he wouldn’t let his kingdom be destroyed, especially to fail his princess who gives him strength and hope to go on to fight. He’ll go beyond the universe to save everyone even if it kills himself. The thing I hate the most about him. He’s taking it on a solo flight again. It makes me feel useless. Everytime I fall, he always catches me. But when he’s the one to go down, even if I extend my hand to him, he would just ignore it moreover he’ll find a way to get himself out of the distress. Then what am I to him? Just someone to adore and be locked up safe in a tower while he’s covered in blood, losing life?
♠ ♠ ♠
what do you guys think? Is it good? I made this a few years back and I just kinda wanted to post it here so I could officially have a "story" here. XD