Your last breath

Your last breath

You told me a while back this is what you really wanted to do, what you thought was best. Hell I thought you were crazy, but maybe this is for the best. Everyone hated you, wanted you gone. I never understood why you would want to give them what they wanted. I loved you, yeah, sure I was the only one, but why wasn't I enough?

We sat and talked for hours, you telling me nothing bad could come from this, and I was begging for you to stay. I didn't want you leaving me. I loved you more than anything. Honestly, I wanted you happy so I went ahead and told you I'd be fine without you.

You take a deep breath, tell me exactly what to do after the deed was done. I cried as you told me goodbye. You kissed me deeply and told me you'd always be in my heart. Strangely that wasn't enough for me, I wanted you. Oh, well, you would never know how I felt about you. I kissed you back and made you promise to wait for me.

You promised and kissed me goodbye again. Gave me all the little things you owned, your ipod, your cell phone, laptop, poem book - everything. I smiled and told you I could watch, I knew it didn't matter but I still didn't want you to see me cry. It was still embarrassing.

I watched out of the corner of my eye. Watched as you picked up the knife and looked at it. You said you loved me and just like that stabbed yourself in the heart. I look away and tear stain my face soon blood was running into a puddle beneath my feet. I go to clean you up, crying my eyes out.

I look at you and smile as I watch you somehow mange to get out the words I love you so much.