I Won't Be a Victim but the First to Cast a Stone

numero uno.

Los Angeles as all that everyone made it out to be. It was a beautiful and lush city filled with excitement and adventure. Nicole had only moved there for two months and she already loved it. She lived in a loft in downtown Los Angeles by herself.

Nicole was a rather peculiar girl. Her whole life she lived in Seattle, Washington which was the perfect place for her. The music scene and atmosphere of the state helped her grow musically. If it was so easy, she would stay in Washington her whole life. She needed a change though.

In two weeks from today, Nicole would be attending her first day of school at UCLA. She was studying journalism, something that intrigued her for the most part of her life. It was a dream come true for her and she worked her ass off to get that scholarship to pay for tuition. Just days after receiving it she packed her belongings and headed down to the busy city of LA.

As Nicole walked into Amoeba Music she was greeted with Tom Petty's 'I Won't Back Down'. She nodded her head to the beat and walked through the isles looking for the rock genre. When reached, she looked through the records searching for a record from Black Tide. It was no surprise to her that it was a huge mess and unorganized. She groaned to herself quietly as she mentally prepared herself to look through rows of records. After starting looking through the third row, she noticed that there was a strange man standing to the side watching her with amusement.

She looked up at the man with an unimpressed look on his face. She normally wasn't this harsh to people but there was something about him that ticked her off. He was quite a bit taller than her, towering over her 5'5 self. He had a white v-neck, dark jeans, and an obnoxious pair of sunglasses. His hair was spiked up and Nicole had to admit, he wasn't horrible looking. He stepped closer to Nicole his facial expression changing to a small genuine smile.

"Need help?" He asked.

"Well I'm looking for an album in this mess, if you know where I can find it that would be helpful" She spoke looking up at him. He cocked his eyebrow as if asking which album she was looking for and she told him before they both started looking through the records.

"You a fan of the band?" He asked.

Nicole nodded to herself "Yeah. They're one of my favourites actually. I'm finally seeing them live tonight. I want to get it so I can have them sign it then frame it."

He smirked as he quickly shifted through the records. Once his eyes spotted Post Mortem his whole face lit up. "Found it!"

Nicole quickly ran over to him with a huge smile on her face. She thanked him a countless amount of times, really grateful that he had helped her with this. When she went to reach for the record he teasingly brought it towards himself shielding it from her. Nicole pouted up at the taller guy confused as to why he did that.

"I'm not letting you have it unless you let me buy this for you and then take you to get some coffee" He smirked.

Nicole felt her cheeks turn a bit red. Did this gorgeous man just honestly waltz in this store, offer to help her find an album, find it for her, then go on to demand that he buy it and take Nicole out for coffee? She stood there dumbstruck. He took it as a yes and headed towards the counter while Nicole followed. After he paid for it, she said a huge thank you hugging him tightly although she was too short to see that the man's cheeks turned bright red.

Since Nicole had just walked from her building, he offered to drive to his favourite cafe which was just on the sunset strip. It was also just two blocks away from the venue as well. He paid for her drink and they both sat down at a table.

"I never even asked you this, what's your name?" She inquired peering at him with interest.

"Brian" He stated simply "And I feel like a dick, I never got yours either."

She chuckled at his choice of words "Nicole. Hm. Do you live here?"

"Nope, Huntington Beach. Just here for work." He said. In a way, he wasn't lying to Nicole. Touring, playing music, being in his band was his job. He didn't want to tell her at the moment since he didn't want her to see him differently. He was just happy that there were no fans there at the moment. It wasn't that he didn't like seeing his fans, in fact he loved saying hi and talking to them, he wanted some alone time with Nicole and to hopefully bring her around.

"Where do you work?" Brian asked Nicole.

"Nowhere." She spit out adorably. He laughed lightly with her as she began to explain herself "I'm here for school. Journalism at UCLA. I'm from Seattle, just moved here recently."

He nodded his head in an understanding manner before asking her another question. They exchanged questions and answers with each other for a good two hours. She had found out that he had once eaten a jar of peanut butter in two hours, idolized Brittany Spears when he was younger, and played the guitar. Brian had found out that he was falling for Nicole, and he was falling hard.

When they were talking about music and their favourite bands, Brian's phone rang. He picked up reluctantly just to hear and angry Matt yelling at him.

"Where the fuck are you?" Matt growled at him "You know we're running late already right? You're not even here!"

Brian looked at his phone checking the time. It was 5:30. Shit! He was late. "I'm sorry man I'll be there in a few"

Nicole just sat there sipping on her coffee as he apologized quite a bit to whoever Brian was talking to on the phone. After he had told Matt he would be there quickly, Matt kept on yelling and getting angry which was a bit redundant as it slowed him down from actually getting to the venue. But that was who Matt just seemed to be. Brian finally ended the phone call and looked up to Nicole.

"This might be weird, but would you like to go out with me some time? I'm sorry this is so sudden but I really need to leave." He asked.

She thought for a second. At the moment she wasn't concerned with having a relationship and she really didn't want to be in one for that matter. Not to mention he seemed like the type of guy to forget about a girl right after he gets what he wants. She pursed her lips and looked at Brian with a empathetic face.

"I'm sorry, I can't" She replied and tried to ignore his face when she looked at him. "Also, I should get going, I have a show to go to."

After she turned Brian down he felt extremely disappointed and unwanted. However when she mentioned the show his face quickly turned into a smirk. Nicole didn't know that his band was headlining the show and he had a feeling that she'd go running to him after she saw him on stage.

"Well, you know, see ya around then" He smirked as she got up, said bye, and walked out of the store. He never understood that Nicole wasn't the type of girl who would chase him just because he was a huge rock star, just because he's Synyster Gates. If anything, that would only make her reject him even quicker. If she was ever to get into a relationship she would need to make sure he was a hundred percent committed. Although Brian would be, Nicole would never know that. He had a reputation, a rather nasty one at that. Just as quickly as she entered his life, Brian had let his soul mate walk out of his life because of his ego.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope that you enjoyed reading this.
Again, this is an entry for this contest.

I've been on a writing kick lately, I love it. Be sure to check out my other stories!
Cut Through My Heart ft. Avenged Sevenfold
I Hear You Breathing On The Line ft. Pierce The Veil
You Were Screaming Till The Police Came ft. Vic Fuentes.