Sequel: Spooksville

Reprise High

3/3

"Alright. How the fuck are we supposed to do this?" Synyster asked, looking down at the single ID tag in his hands.
The crew and I were standing on the bridge, directly in front of the great brick wall. It was free time, which was after lunch, so we didn't look too suspicious.
I shook my head.
"The only thing I can think of is to split the ID up so we each have a piece."
Shadows looked at me. "But what if splitting it makes it not work?"
I shrugged. "Guess we just have to find out."
Syn shrugged his shoulders as well and started ripping the ID tag into fifths. He handed out one piece to each of us and said to me, "Just remember what I taught you. Kay? Just focus on the area around you expanding and you'll be good."
I nodded." 'Kay."
Then he said, "I'll go first."
Synyster walked up to the wall, hesitated, and then walked through.
We all fist pumped in celebration and Jimmy started doing this weird head bobbing thing and saying, "Oha-owit."
We all looked at him in concern.
Then we started laughing.
Suddenly, Syn's head popped out of the wall.
Zacky cried, "EEP!" and flapped his hands around for protection.
"What are ya'll waiting for?" Syn asked us.
We pointed to Rev who was still going at it.
"Oh." he replied. Then he turned his spiky head towards The Reverend.
"Come here, boy. Come on." he called enthusiastically.
Rev panted like a dog, tongue hanging out of his mouth, and bounded through the wall, sending Syn through as well.
Zacky looked at Shads and I.
"No one speaks of the EEP. Understood?"
We both nodded and walked through the wall together.

***

A whole new world appeared before me. Everything seemed so much...lighter. There was a bridge the exact same as ours, but with different creatures in the water. There was a rather large dolphin, starfish, and several smaller dolphins.
"Let's do this." Shadows said.
We walked down the bridge, looking around us for shit to fuck up.
"Hey," I said as an idea formed in my head. "Let's make the walls bleed. That'll make those pussies cry."
They laughed at my comment and walked up to the walls surrounding the area, running their hands against them, creating blood flow between the cracks in the bricks. Within seconds, we had the whole place bleeding.
"Awesome." Jimmy commented, looking around.
"Indeed,Jim." Zacky replied. "Indeed."

"Hey!"
Shadows got our attention. He was shouting at this tall kid that looked so familiar, it made my heart thud within my chest. Mikey Way. My ex-best friend. He looked different from the last time I saw him. He lost his square-rimmed glasses and replaced them with heavy eyeliner. Instead of his medium-length sandy brown hair, he had dark brown hair that was combed back. He went from fucking adorable to fucking hot, but he made my heart beat all the same.
"Fairy!"
Shadows called after him when Mikey started to run, realizing we were Darks and we destroyed their hangout with blood. We all ran after Mikey, except for me. I was running after Shads. He couldn't hurt Mikey. Light or not, he was still Mikey and I cared about him. I should have realized this sooner. Nearing closer to the scene, I saw Shadows holding Mikey up by the throat against the end of the hallway.
"No!" I shouted.
Matt slid down the left hallway, away form Mikey, creating a bang from what I assumed to be him hitting the wall. Mikey dropped to the floor, coughing and holding his throat.
While Jimmy, Zack, and Brian stood there stunned and confused, I ran up to Mikey, helping him up.
"Are you okay, Mikey?" I asked, concerned.
He looked at me in surprise, with me still holding him up by the arms.
"Yeah." he said timidly.
I smiled. Still the same old Mikey.
I wrapped my arms around him and he did the same.
"I thought you hated me." he murmured against my shoulder. I chuckled.
"I thought you hated me." I replied.
We laughed at our ignorance.
I pulled back reluctantly, looking at his stunning brown eyes, gulping nervously, and looking away towards my friends still standing there, confused as fuck.
"This is my, uh, friend," it felt odd saying the word "Mikey." I told them.
Syn instantly realized what was going on, explained to the guys while they all "Ohh"ed, and said to me,"But he's on the Light Side, Johnny. He's not one of us."
I looked at Mikey, who seemed nervous at the confrontation. I turned back towards Syn. "Him being on the Light Side doesn't stop him from being Mikey. I still love him."
Everyone froze.
"What?" I asked.
"Dude, you just said you love him." Jimmy replied bluntly.
I grew wide-eyed. Oh shit. I turned to Mikey, who was blushing profusely.
"You-you really love me?" he asked.
I didn't know what to say.
I decided on the truth.
"Yeah."
It was silent for a moment.
Then Mikey crashed his lips to mine, swinging his arms around my neck. The intensity of the kiss sent sparks flying between us.
Welcome to Fucking Heaven.