Cursed

Cursed

Why is it that Jackson always meets people in the exact same place where they end up?

Why is it that Jackson always loses his boyfriends to the same thing?

Why is it that Jackson always meets his boyfriends at funerals?


Today was just another one of these days. There was a funeral set up at the local cemetery. The same cemetery Jackson’s been to far too often for his liking.
It’s not that he goes to the funeral of every person that passes in his town. He just has the worst luck you can imagine.

This time the buried boy’s name is Ryan.
Last time it was Alex.
Before him it was Casy.

And the list goes on. Jackson has been to this place seven times in the last couple of years. He doesn’t want to go there, but what can you do when your boyfriend gets murdered? Are you not going to be at his funeral? Of course you will be there.

Jackson wouldn’t even think of not being there. He wouldn’t take this honor away from his former boyfriend.
Now, if you think Jackson doesn’t find it strange, that all of his previous boyfriends have been murdered, he does. And he wonders why, but he can’t get to a proper conclusion.

Not only Jackson, but also his parents and friends have thought about it. They have tried to find the reason. They even thought they did, because what other reason could there be than someone out there, who wanted Jackson to himself. Someone who was extremely jealous of everyone that got close to him.

So that was the conclusion they held onto. And they tried to help it. Jackson tried to stop asking guys out, but every time there is a friend of the buried boy at a funeral, Jackson instantly feels bad for them. He talks to them and gets to know them. And in the end they start seeing each other. They start to grow on each other and despite all the efforts Jackson makes and despite all the convincing he tries to do, they end up in a relationship that seems happy.
And Jackson thinks they’ve made it; that they’re safe.

But after another 3 months his boyfriend disappears or Jackson comes home to see a bleeding body on the kitchen floor or he hears that his partner got run over by a car on the sidewalk.

And again he starts to think: Why did this always happen to him? And he ends up at his boyfriend’s funeral, meeting another guy there and the whole process begins again.

After 2 years of deaths Jackson should’ve gotten it though. He should’ve tried to end this series and he did.

He went to see a doctor, who sent him to a psychiatrist. Jackson was grateful for that. He went to see his psychiatrist once a week. Although he didn’t suspect anything wrong about him, he was glad he had someone to talk to; someone to tell about the misery.

As it turned out, there was no unknown killer and no curse that sat on Jackson. It was him. He had killed all of them. He, who loved his partners so much, ended their lives.

The worst part though, was that he knew it. He knew what he was doing, while it happened, but he never remembered afterwards. And that’s not why no one knew and that’s also not why no one found out, because really it was obvious.

It’s because no one cared.