‹ Prequel: My Little Raspberry

Can You Say 'Awesomely'?

1 ; -

”This is starting to get fucking awesomely scary!”

“Can you say ‘awesomely’? It doesn’t sound right, grammar-wise.”

“Yeah, you can say ‘awesomely’, but that has nothing to do with this. Are you even listening to what I’m saying, or are you only thinking on that magazine you’re reading?”

“What do you take me for? Of course I am listening to you when you’re complaini-.”

“I’m not complaining about anything! I’m telling you that it’s starting to get creepy with mysterious numbers calling me, and when I pick up, I hear nothing.”

“Your hearing might be going bad, what do you know?”

“My hearing isn’t going bad, and why are you mocking me?”

“Because you’re just sounding paranoid, sweet Brendon, why would someone be out to get you? Because you’re in a hot famous band? Or are you hiding something from the government? What do you say, Sam?” The woman who was lying in the couch beside Gwen wasn’t even looking away from the television, which was on mute, to answer the question.

“He’s just being paranoid.”

“See, I told you so,” Gwen said, arms crossed and looking up on Brendon who had been walking back and fourth through the room since the moment he got into the apartment.

“I have a bad feeling about it though, what should I do?”

Sam was now reacting, looking on Brendon instead of the television for the first time.

“First of all, if a hot girl wants you to follow her into an alley, don’t, because we know that you are a boob-man.” Brendon wasn’t denying it at all, but nodded his head, deep in thoughts. “And after that tip, I rest my case.”

“Why don’t you just look up who’s been calling you?” Gwen asked.

“I’ve already tried, but the number is unknown and untraceable. And Zack, that fucker, is out of town.”

“Who’s Zack?”

“He’s our bodyguard.”

“Oh, so you get that nowadays as well. I didn’t think you guys could get any wimpier than you already were.” Gwen felt so good about hurting his pride.

“Shut the fuck up. Am I the only person here who’s being serious about this?”

“I got you your tip and you should fucking stick to it,” Sammy mumbled. Brendon was pretty much on his way of snorting with frustration. They seemed to think this was a fucking joke for real, while he was scared to death. He could handle being in this apartment any more.

“Alright, fuck it then, I’m leaving.”

“Baby, come back when you’ve calmed down a little so we can watch some sappy romantic movie.”

“Whatever,” he said, not even listening to what she was saying. It was like he couldn’t breathe in there. He just wanted to get out. When he finally reached the outer door, a part of him wanted to go back, sink down into the couch with his best friend and watch that movie which would probably make him cry like a little baby, but he was too proud to even consider it. Instead, he looked up and down the street to make sure had full control over the situation. It wasn’t that late, but it had started to get darker, so who could feel secure?