Status: New

Night of the Hunter

Chapter 3

Does Shannon look like he wants me to punch him in the face, or is it just me?

This guy has been giving me the most unsettling look since I stepped foot on this bus, they way his eyes look into my soul. I feel so connected to him in some weird way, what if my suspicions are true and he turns out to be some neurotic supernatural being. He can’t be. I can’t believe there’s some sick and twisted he/she killing fans. I wouldn’t be surprised, but what made this band so special. Ryant and I need to have a talk, like now.

“Ryant, can I have a word with you” I demanded.

“Uh sure”

“I don’t know what the hell is going on with these guys and this whole killing thing.”

“It’s understandable, but remember this has been your dream for years, to tour with your favorite band. Maybe things will change, so try to enjoy yourself for the next six months.”

“Fine” I whined

Jared informed us that we will be touring with Neon Trees, The Fray and Muse but on only for several tour dates. The Fray is my absolute favorite I’ve never really listened to either of the Neon Trees before and I only know like three songs from Muse. I can tell Ryant was beyond excited to be seeing Muse up close. I fear for Matt Bellamy’s safety.

We arrived at our destination around four-ish, just in time to set up and chat with the other bands. I had changed out of my witch costume into something more presentable to meet one of my favorite bands. I wouldn’t say I was stalking The Fray; I just sort of walked back and forth between their door and Mars. What other way to bump into them since they are indeed the opening act for tonight since Neon Trees will be late for the show.

So, here I go again scurrying pass their door. Ryant says I’m a whack job, but who is he to judge when he can’t keep his eyes off Matt Bellamy… Creeper much?

Is that a door I see opening out of the corner of my eye? I think it is. Look at me Joe King, acknowledge my presence before I kick you where it hurts.

“Hello there, you must be Jasmine?” he laughed.

“How would you know that?” I glared.

“Jared might have mentioned that a super fan of ours was touring with us.”

“Oh, I hope I wasn’t being a creeper.”

“Just a little.”

“Now I’m sad.”

“Don’t be, I was only joking” He grinned.

“You better be Mr. King. That is if you ever want to have any more babies.”

“Ooh, I see we have a little devil on our hands.”

“Damn right Ben, and you better not forget that.”

Ben cleared his throat. “Okay then, if you’re done threatening my life I would like to go set up, you are welcome to join me.”

“Thanks!” I giggled. I always get what I want.

After helping the band set up, the guys had grown accustomed to my evil ways. I was surprised knowing that they are all Christians. Most Christians I’ve come in contact with have told me to “burn in hell” for not being a non-believer and if you don’t believe in God, you must be a devil worshiper right? Not in my case, I’ve just grown to not believe in the unseen. I have no religious belief and I accept that others do.

* * * * *

Everyone’s set was amazing tonight; just imagine how the rest of the tour will be. Luckily no one got hurt when Jared jumped off the freaking ceiling. That guy is nuts. Now I just feel like dancing.
I walked to the back of the bus to find Ryant playing video games with Tomo and Shannon off to the side probably tweeting about the show.

“Ryant!”

“What did you do?”

“Why does everyone always ask me that?” I giggled.

“You’re always getting into some kind of trouble.”

“Liar” I yelled. I think Ryant has forgotten who he was talking to. I’m his freaking savoir; I bet he doesn’t even remember half the things he has done these past thee years.

“Seriously, what is it?” he questioned.

“Want to go to a club?”

He thought for a second then grinned. That pretty much answers my question.

“You should probably get ready now, Mollee is waiting.”

“Mollee?”

“Don’t ask questions, just be ready in ten.” I demanded.

I had to find Jared before I ran off to the club. He’d be so pissed if he found two empty bunks knowing there’s some lunatic out there killing his fans.

“Jar Bear?”

“Yes Jasmine?”

“Ryant and I are going out tonight, so don’t wait up.”

“You’re going out dressed like that?”

“Like what?”

“Well, I never expected you to dress all sexy like since you like to wear weird witch costumes”

“I get that a lot.”

“Be safe and don’t forget to call when you get there.” I looked at him like his hair was on fire.

“You’ve got to be kidding me right.”

“Of course, now go have fun”

Me? Sexy? Jared must be high. I didn’t think a plain white top, black skinny jeans and silver pumps were sexy but Jared is the mom, and mothers know best.

“Ryant, are you ready?” I yelled from the other side of the bathroom door while fixing my bra straps.

“Yeah, give me a minute. I want to make sure I’m decent. You never know who I might run into tonight.”

“Only you Ryant.” I said while shaking my head.

We headed off to the club with Matt Bellamy’s niece Mollee. She was the first blonde chick whose head I didn’t want to rip off with my bare hands. She was sort of like me in a way, minus the hair and skin complexion. She pulled into a loud parking lot outside ‘Chameleon Club’. I love the name and by the sounds of Anthrax coming from the main entrance. We walked past the entrance to wait in this long ass line to get into the club, only to be stopped by the bald bouncer. He told us we can go right in. The night can’t get any better than this.

“Do you guys want anything to drink?” I asked as we neared the bar.

“Yeah, I’ll have take a water” Mollee yelled over the music.

“Make that two” Ryant retorted.

“Okay, I’ll be back. Go find us a seat.”

I walked up to the bar and asked for three waters.

As I was strolling across the dance floor, I noticed a tall and quite thin guy with girlish make up staring a hole into my face. He winked at me then turned away.

That wasn’t weird at all. I thought to myself.

As soon as I got to my seat, the intro of ‘Back Burner’ by, the one and only, August Burns Red came blaring through the speakers. I grabbed Mollee. She grabbed Ryant. We were all over the place and I’m pretty sure I hit some random guy in the face. We danced to five songs straight.
After the fifth song ended, we were all tired as cheese.

Out of the corner of my eye I could see a dark figuring nearing our table.

“Jasmine, that guy who has been checking you out all night is right behind you.” Ryant tried to whisper. I have no clue why since you can’t hear a thing over the music.

“Hello there lovely”

“Um, hi stranger”

“I’m Chris”

“Jasmine”

“That’s a pretty name little lady, can I steal you for a minute?”

“Sure” I slid out of the booth and Chris guided me across the club.

We talked for about an hour or so about random things. I thought he’d be a complete douche. He’s such a sweetheart and did I mention he’s in Motionless In White? I was surprised he didn’t ask whether or not I was a fan of his band. Maybe he already knew. We swapped numbers and he said he wants to see me again SOON!

This is a bit weird for me since I would never give a guy my number after our first encounter with each other. I love the tour life.

As soon as we were about to leave the club, someone tapped me on the shoulder.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you like