Status: writing a story is like putting on paper the things you ultimately fantasize or what you want to happen :]

Together Under Our Roof

Goodnight for Now

Misty was silent as she brushed her teeth. What had she just asked Michael to do? She reprimanded herself, finally realizing that she had asked Michael to stay with her to keep her company while she slept. She was dumbfounded, not wanting to be with a man in her room, but she could not be alone in that room. What if the thief came back? She was too scared and could not tell Michael that he did not need to stay with her. Misty felt foolish and troubled.

“You can use the bathroom now,” Misty said nervously as she left the bathroom, changed and ready for bed. Michael had been sitting at the couch, lost in thought. He looked up at Misty and got up. He made his way to the bathroom.

“I’ll be out in a minute,” he said to Misty before closing the door behind him.

Misty’s legs weakened. Confused, she made her way to the couch, pondering what would happen soon. Frustrated, she fell into the seats, smothering her face to end the humility.

Michael came out of the bathroom, looking nonchalant about what was to happen next. Misty stared at him, almost drooling. Michael was in a tight long sleeve, black v-neck, and baggy grey sweat pants. Misty tried to avert her eyes, turning red behind the hand that covered her face.

“Ready for bed?” Michael asked casually, gathering his pillow and blankets from the closet. Misty hesitated before letting Michael lead her to the room.

When she got to the door, her fear took over her again. She froze before the door, Michael waiting patiently behind her. Trembling, she reached for the door. When she touched the cool knob, she retracted her hand quickly. Ashamed, she tried to reach for the knob again but could not. She stood before her door, shaking. She turned to look at Michael.

“Could you go in first?” she asked Michael, ashamed. She avoided his understanding eyes, too embarrassed by her own fear. Silently, without a word, Michael stepped up to the door. Misty stepped away from the door, allowing Michael to go before her. Before he reached for the knob, he looked to Misty one more time.

“It’ll be okay,” he said, reassuring her. Misty found a little comfort in his words. As he reached for the door however, her doubts grew. She grabbed Michael’s arm, gripping his arm tightly as he turned the knob.

He felt her grip tighten as the door opened. He patted her hand, comforting her as best he can. Misty stepped closer behind Michael, hiding behind him from anything that could be behind the door. When the door was fully open, she refused to look past Michael. She dug her face into his back, she hands digging deep into his arm.

“Look, Misty, everything is normal and no one is here. There’s nothing here to worry about,” Michael whispered, reaching back to Misty to pull her from behind him. He held her hand tightly, pulling her lightly into the room. She pulled away as she stepped into the room, but Michael’s tight, yet gentle, grip on her hand did not allow her to escape.

He was patient with her, waiting for her to walk in on her own, but making sure that she would not run away. Misty stepped into the room, one slow step at a time. She held tightly onto Michael’s hands, still terrified of being in her room.

When they finally got to the middle of her room, Michael stopped her. He let go of Misty’s hands, gently pushing her hands aside. Then he turned to her and cupped her face in his hands, lifting her head to make her look into his eyes.

“Breathe,” Michael instructed, breathing deeply as he urged Misty to follow his example. Misty closed her eyes, breathed in deeply, and exhaled as Michael did. With each breath, Misty felt calmer.

Suddenly she realized, Michael’s breath was mingling with her breath. She could feel the heat as she smelt his minted breath brush against her lips. Her breathing quickened.

She opened her eyes. Michael’s face was only centimeters away from her face. She looked at his eyes, noticing for the first time his graciously long lashes. She scanned his face, seeing small freckles hidden by his tan. He had a straight nose and his skin was flawless. His lips were red and soft looking. She could not help but stare, her eyes fixed on his lips. She could hear his slow, heavy breathing, putting her into a calming trance as she listened to the slow rhythm.

“Misty?” Michael started quietly. Misty had closed her eyes and her breathing had quickened without her knowing. Slowly, she opened her eyes again. Her eyes were met with beautiful blue eyes, absorbed in concern.

“Michael?” she whispered, not moving away.

“Are you alright? You’re breathing got heavy again. You aren’t scared still are you?” Michael asked worriedly.

“Of course not!” Misty exclaimed, realizing why she was panting. She pushed Michael away, staggering backwards. “I’m fine,” she mumbled.

Puzzled, Michael restrained from pushing any further. Instead, he looked around the room.

Slowly, he walked to the window, closing it before turning back to Misty who was watching him nervously.

“I think you should look to see if he took anything,” Michael said cautiously, trying not to make Misty uncomfortable. Slowly, Misty walked around her room, checking through her drawers and closets.

“I don’t really have much he can take and nothing seems to be missing,” Misty said finally, sure that nothing valuable was gone. “I don’t really have anything that costs more than twenty dollars in here,” she said indifferently. Michael scanned the room, looking from closet to closet.

“Your room is so – so plain,” Michael commented, unsure of what to say. “It’s different from what I thought it would look. I never really got to see it the last time I was in here,” he said as he looked around the room once again, trying to look for any sign of individuality.

“And what is my room supposed to look like? Wait – you went into my room before?” Misty exclaimed angrily. She glared at him accusingly and waited for an answer.

“Well, yeah. I was the one to bring you into your room when you fell asleep on the couch. Don’t you remember?” Michael asked quizzically. Puzzled, he watched as Misty went red.

“So that was you? Oh – sorry,” Misty apologized embarrassedly. She looked away. Michael laughed silently before walking over to her.

“Well, how else do you think you got in your bed?” he asked curiously.

“I don’t know. I didn’t really think about it I guess. I mean, what if I just floated into my room or something?” Misty said skeptically. Michael stared at her, trying to find any hint of a joke but found that she had been serious.

Tears filled his eyes as he tried to hold back his laughter. Misty watched as his shoulders began to shake, his face turning red as the tears moistened his eyes.

“What?” Misty asked curiously. Her face went to one side, trying to find something that looks normal at some angle.

At this point, Michael could not hold in his laughter any longer. He fell to his knees and chuckled lowly before bursting out into a fit of laughter.

Misty staggered back; surprised by the sudden break out.

“I’m sorry,” he said through breaths. “It was – that was just too cute,” he stuttered through breaths. Misty turned pink, unable to respond to such a compliment.

“Whatever,” Misty said quietly, turning away from Michael. Michael went silent.

“Sorry if I offended you,” he apologized quickly, feeling guilty because Misty was silent again. Misty quickly turned back to Michael.

“Of course not! It’s just that – it’s just that no one really – never mind,” she cut off abruptly, clearly embarrassed by her sudden outburst. Michael was taken aback by the shock but smiled when he saw that she was not mad at him.

“’No one,’ what,” Michael pried. Misty went quiet. “Misty,” Michael asked sternly.

“No one has ever called me cute!” Misty exclaimed embarrassed. Michael smiled, happy that she had told him. He felt an accomplishment and happy to make her feel special.

“Well, I guess it’s time we should go to sleep. You have school tomorrow, right?” Michael quickly said turning away from the awkward feeling Misty was giving off.

The atmosphere got tenser. Misty remembered that she was in a room with a man. Her face went pale and the tension in the air got heavier.

“What are you, my mother?” Misty quickly said, letting out an awkward laugh as she tried to turn back to Michael.

Michael saw that she was nervous and did not say a word. He walked over to her, placing his hands on her shoulders. She flinched slightly at his touch. He leaned down, matching his eye level with hers. He lightly placed his forehead to hers and looked her in the eyes.

Misty closed her eyes, too afraid of what he would do to her. She held her breath, her heart racing as she waited for whatever she thought he was doing to her. When she heard his light husky voice, she melted, feeling relieved.

“Don’t worry, I won’t do anything to you tonight,” he whispered. Misty let out a light sigh and smiled. She opened her eyes and looked up at Michael. She felt like she could trust him.

Michael felt his heart skip a beat as he saw her smile. Quickly and politely, he pushed away from Misty, pulling a hand toward his face as he avoided her eyes.

Misty watched him, embarrassed, as she worried about why he was covering his face. Was her breath smelly?

“Alright, then it’s time for bed,” Misty said reluctantly, still nervous about spending the night with a man, although she knew nothing would happen.

“Um – yeah,” Michael said absently. Quickly he set down his pillow on the floor and wrapped himself tightly in his blankets before curling up tightly into a ball.

“Oh - ,” Misty mumbled quietly. Michael had heard her. He looked up at her.

“What’s wrong?” he asked.

“Nothing,” Misty said quickly before turning off the lights and jumping into her bed, red as a beet. “Goodnight.”

“Night,” Michael returned before burying himself into his blankets.

♀♂

“No!” a shrill shriek pierced the air.

Michael woke up, startled. The screaming continued. Misty’s voice pierced the air. Alert, he jumped up and searched for the bed. When he stumbled over the bed corner, stubbing his toe, he reached over to Misty.

“Misty! Wake up! Please, wake up!” he urged her frantically when he finally got hold of Misty’s shoulders.

Without waking up, Misty continued to flail around, her screams dire and piteous. Frightened, Michael became uneasy as she did not stop. He wiped away the tears that streaked her face, trying to lightly slap her awake, desperate to save her from whatever tore her apart.

“Please, don’t! Get away from me!” Misty shrieked, fighting Michael as she stayed unconscious. Her voice became hoarse but she did not stop.

Michael held on to her tightly, unfazed by the multiple hits he took.

“Please, Misty you have to wake up,” Michael said, trying to be calm but could not as he felt her tremble.

“No! Don’t touch me!” Misty screamed anxiously, pushing away something as she kicked and flailed.

“Misty, I won’t hurt you. Just – please Misty,” Michael pleaded. He pulled her closer to him, pulling her into a difficult embrace as her arms scratched at his back, begging him to let her go.

“No, get away from me!” Misty exclaimed helplessly.

“Look Misty, I’m not hurting you,” Michael whispered distraughtly. He held her tightly in his arms, stroking her hair as he wished that she would wake up.

He kept whispering reassuring words into her ear, ignoring the hits and scratches he got from her.

“Please Misty. It’s me, Michael,” he finally whispered in a final attempt to calm her. Suddenly, Misty’s screams had ended and she was now whimpering, still asleep.

Her arms fell, going limp as her arms dropped. Weeping, she leaned into Michael’s chest; her body trembling as she slowly became calm.

Michael held her close, relieved that her tantrum had ended. When she finally stopped trembling, Michael slowly loosened his embrace, pulling her out to lay her back down but when he pulled away, Misty’s hands grabbed his shirt, pulling him back to her as she dug her face into his chest. Concerned, Michael wrapped his arms back around her, feeling her trembling returning.

“Please don’t leave me. I’m scared,” Misty begged, still unconscious.

“I won’t,” Michael promised.

Misty fell back into his arms, as if his words relieved her. Michael laid her back down, his body following hers as he held his embrace on her, afraid that she would become scared again. Misty leaned in closer to him, her grip on his shirt unyielding.

Michael wiped the stray tears away, caressing her flushed cheeks as he waited for her to loosen her grip.

When her breathing became leveled and her face returned to the peaceful look of slumber, Michael tried to remove his self from her but her grip on him was firm and she stirred when he moved. Not wanting to wake her up, Michael gave up and stayed beside her.
♠ ♠ ♠
ohhh i miss writing this. :) comment and give me some feedback? thank you all!