Status: writing a story is like putting on paper the things you ultimately fantasize or what you want to happen :]

Together Under Our Roof

Dinner is Served

Misty sat at the table, waiting excitedly for Michael to finish cooking. When they had gotten home, Michael had dashed for the Kitchen and ordered Misty to sit patiently and to watch him “work his magic”. Misty watched him as he shuffled through the kitchen, preparing the food with a look of determination strictly kept on his face. Misty hid her smile, also determined to make it seem as if she was unimpressed.

Everything was set and Michael was ready to serve his “masterpiece” to his only critic. Misty sat in waiting as Michael carried the plates on invisible platters, a cloth draped over his arm like a waiter. He placed the plate down gentle in front of Misty before setting his own down.

He went back to the refrigerator and took out something, which he hid secretively behind his back. Misty tried to look past his back but saw nothing. He went to the cabinet, the item behind his back still hidden, and took out two old wine cups. He went back to the table and stood by Misty, placing the cups down.

“What’s behind your back?” Misty inquired curiously. Michael only smile. Slowly, he pulled out what looked to be a wine bottle out from behind his back. Misty’s mouth dropped. “Michael!” she exclaimed at the audacity that he brought out wine. Michael only laughed.

“Chill! It’s only sparkling cider,” he clarified, showing her the label. Misty sighed in relief. “Please. Why would I serve you wine?” Michael said defensively in a joking manner.

Continuing with his act, he popped the bottle top off and poured the drink into her cup carefully, using the cloth to wipe the bottle as a waiter would. Misty laughed at the act. He proceeded to pour some for himself before sitting down to enjoy his meal.

“Cheers,” he said, lifting his glass up into the air. Misty followed and lifted her glass.

“Cheers.” She took a sip of the drink and sputtered.

“Are you okay?” Michael exclaimed, jumping from his seat as Misty waved him away, motioning for him to sit back down.

“Yeah, I’m sorry. I didn’t know it was so – so bubbly,” Misty explained, recovering. Michael chuckled.

“Is this the first time you had sparkling cider?” Michael asked, bewildered. “What, do you live under a rock?” Misty only blushed, nodding as she hid her blushing face.

“Well I’m glad I gave you your first then,” Michael said mockingly. “Well then, let us dig in,” Michael exclaimed, picking up his fork and knife to dig into his dinner.

Misty looked down at her plate and saw that it was an elegant pallet. It was a large pepper and salted salmon filet, with a lemon slice, and mint leaves. On the side was a shrimp salad with little bits of carrots and tomatoes, and some baked potato slices drenched in a thick brown sauce. There was also a pile of beautifully colored vegetables with a drizzle of some sort of white sauce on top. Misty stared at it, not sure if she should ruin such a beautiful plate of food.

“Impress?” Michael probed mockingly.

“Only if it’s tasteful,” Misty retorted, unwilling to give in. when she took the first bite, she almost dropped her fork. It was amazing. Her taste buds went crazy, unable to fathom such an exquisite taste.

“Is it tasteful?” Michael asked, with a hint of sarcasm in his voice. Misty could not nod as she wanted to.

“How did you learn to make this?” she demanded. Michael smiled brightly.

“I take it that it’s good,” he stated.

“Not just good, it’s heaven!” Misty exclaimed, taking in another bite as Michael watched. “Wh – how do you know how to cook like this?” Misty continued.

“My mom was a chef in her time, before she had me,” Michael chimed excitedly, watching Misty savor his food slowly. Her face had no words to describe it. She looked like she was in heaven.

Michael watched as she gulped the food down, something he had not seen in years. His face fell, but only for a quick second before he remembered to smile, pushing away the unwanted thoughts. Misty did not notice this one second but continued to eat.

“Aren’t you going to eat?” Misty said, snapping Michael back to reality. “It’s going to get cold.”

“What, do you want my plate?” Michael asked. Misty’s hopes flew through the roof, her eyes shining. “Well too bad then,” Michael said, smirking. Misty’s lip curved down in a pout.

Michael picked up his fork and started at the fish, slowly putting the fish to his lips, moaning as he chewed the fish slowly, taunting Misty. She stared at the fish in his mouth, watching his mouth move in a rhythm as he swallowed the fish. Her mouth watered.

Michael watched her mouth water as she followed his fork and stared at his fish. Michael hid his laughter as he sliced at his fish. He cut a large portion of it and pretended to lift the large piece to his mouth. Misty’s Mouth followed his actions and parted as she imagined the delicious fish filling her mouth as she chewed and savor the flavor.

Michael quickly dropped the fish on Misty’s plate, watching a wide grin spread across her face. She looked from the fish to Michael, still quizzical about why it was on her face, but before he could take it away, she was going to dig in deep.

“Oh, I love you!” Misty exclaimed as she dug into the meal. Michael was taken aback by the phrase. He felt a flutter in his chest but brushed it away as he watched Misty finish her second portion of the fish. He was intrigued by her appetite.

When she was done, Misty sat back in her chair, rubbing her stomach as she down the remainder of the sparkling cider. She stood up and bowed to Michael, thanking him for the meal.

“That was amazing,” Misty chirped happily.

“Thank you for the compliment,” Michael returned, standing up to clear the table. Misty shot at the dishes, grabbing for them.

“I can do the dishes!” she exclaimed. “I mean, it is my turn tonight. You made dinner this time,” Misty exclaimed, lowering her voice as she noticed that she had jumped up loudly. Michael waved her away.

“You work all day though. I can do at least this much,” Michael offered. Misty did not agree.

“But you made me such a delicious meal. I can’t let you do the dishes,” she returned. Misty’s eyes pleaded Michael, not giving in to Michael’s kindness. Reluctantly, Michael agreed, unable to avoid the pleading eyes.

“Then I’ll be taking a shower first,” He said hesitantly as Misty dashed to the sink to scrub at the dishes. Michael could not bear to see her work for him but he knew that she would not back down. With a sigh, and no answer from Misty, he walked to the bathroom.

As he soaked in the hot water, humming away, he heard a loud crash and a shrill scream that came from Misty outside.
♠ ♠ ♠
comment some good songs? i need a new favorite song :)