Status: writing a story is like putting on paper the things you ultimately fantasize or what you want to happen :]

Together Under Our Roof

Hurry and Scurry

Michael jumped out of his shower, quickly wrapping a towel around his body and dashing through the door without turning off the water. With water dripping behind him, Michael burst through the door, ready to race to Misty’s side. He stopped midway between the Living room and Kitchen when he saw Misty.

Misty was standing on top of the counter, her face a ghostly pale white. She was trembling, apparent even from where Michael stood, frozen. She was whimpering, pulling her body as far from the ground as possible.

“What’s wrong Misty?” he asked cautiously. Misty’s eyes shot up to Michael, hope gleaming behind the terror that curtained her eyes.

“Michael, I saw it!” Misty exclaimed hastily. Michael became confused.

“What did you see?” Michael inquired.

“I saw him! That little demon!” Misty continued anxiously. Michael walked slowly over to Misty. Michael wrapped the towel around him tighter.

“Who is ‘he’? Who is a demon?” Michael asked, still confused. Misty looked at him as if he should know what she was talking about.

“The rat!” she screamed angrily. Michael stopped immediately.

“Where?” he exclaimed terrified. Quickly he jumped on the table, picking up his legs from the floor. “Why didn’t you tell me that there was a freaking rat!” he demanded.

“Aren’t you supposed to be a guy! Get rid of the crappy thing!” Misty ordered from across the room. Michael shook his head.

“No way in hell, am I touching that thing!” He returned angrily. “Why does the guy have to get the rat? Why can’t you?” he demanded. Misty looked at him in shock.

“No way!” Misty shot. Michael looked at Misty and to the floor again, searching for the disgusting rodent.

“Well where did you see it?” Michael said shakily. Misty pointed to the stove next to her.

“I ran from here to over there,” she said, moving her finger to the dishwasher. Michael was only feet from it. Immediately, he moved closer to the middle of the kitchen table. “Oh, come on! Be a man!” Misty exasperated, throwing her hands in the air. Michael shot a hurt glare.

“Ah!” Michael screamed loudly as the rat scuttled across the floor, turning back when it heard Michael’s yell. Misty Screamed loudly in response.

“Michael, please!” Misty exclaimed, pleading the big hulking man to do what he should for a big hulking man.

Reluctantly, Michael scotched to the edge of the table, keeping an eye for the rat as he scanned the floor for anything rodent like. Slowly, he put a foot to the ground, and then his other foot before rushing to Misty’s aid, quickly grabbing her from on top of the counter, slinging her over his shoulder and sprinting into her room, slamming the door behind him as he stood breathless, Misty laying on his shoulders surprised by the sudden movement from the kitchen to her room.

She looked at Michael’s shoulders rise and fall as he panted mostly from fear as to tiredness. It was then she realized that the wetness was not sweat and he was half naked with only a towel which she saw was starting to slip from his hip.

“Ah!” Misty shrieked, causing Michael to drop Misty on the floor, and causing his towel to drop to the floor as well. Misty shrieked the loudest she had all night, almost fainting as Michael grabbed the towel to cover his bottom half. Both of their faces went pale. Misty lay on the floor, unconscious.

“Oh, shit,” Michael cursed. He quickly picked her up and carefully laid her on the bed.
Misty shifted in his arms and woke up, screaming again when she saw that Michael was still shirtless and wet.

“Have you never seen a guy shirtless before? Am I that flabby?” Michael said in an exasperated tone, poking his pecks as if they were odd specimens. When he looked back at Misty, he saw fear in her eyes.

“Just get a damn shirt on,” Misty demanded in a wavering voice, averting her eyes away from Michael. Slowly, with caution, Michael rose to his feet. When he got to the door, he hesitated to go outside. He turned to Misty, who sat trembling as she faced the wall.

Reluctantly, he went back to the bathroom, sprinting all the way as he escaped the rat. There, he finished dressing and sprinted back to Misty’s room.

Misty jumped up when Michael slammed the door behind him.

“What are you doing here?” Misty asked, shocked.

“Um, I kind of don’t want to go back out there,” Michael stuttered, embarrassed. Misty only looked at him with wide eyes. “I’m sorry, I just don’t want to sleep with it, but I could go back if you want,” Michael apologized opening the door behind him slowly as fear and disappointment ran through his face. Misty sighed, seeing his dilemma.

“Michael, I’m sorry, you can stay if you want,” Misty said quietly and quickly. Michael’s eye brightened, a smile of appreciation spreading across his face. “But you have to run to the bathroom with me,” Misty ordered, too scared to go outside now that she knew the rat was still alive, despite the many days it had not shown up.

“Fine, deal,” Michael agreed unenthusiastically. He went to the corner he had slept in the night before and spread his bed sheets on the ground. Misty groaned as she thought about something, watching Michael spread across the floor.

“Um, Michael?” Misty started. Michael looked up from his task to see Misty’s troubled face. “I don’t think it would be a good idea to sleep there,” Misty said reluctantly. Michael only looked at Misty quizzically, urging her to continue. “It’s just that the rat sometimes comes in here, or it did when I saw it last.” Michael jumped from the floor immediately.

“Then where do I sleep?” he asked anxiously. Misty lowered her head, motioning towards her bed. Both of them turned a deep shade of red. Michael headed for the door. “I think I’ll sleep outside.” Misty grabbed his arm.

“Why?” Misty inquired before her mind knew what she was saying.

“I don’t think it’s appropriate or that you would be comfortable with it,” Michael answered, avoiding her eyes. Misty let go of his arm.

“I won’t mind. I don’t want to have to put you out there with that nibbling monster,” Misty said, her head bent low as she tried to hide her flushed cheeks. Michael went silent. He contemplated what he should do but considering that they both were dreadfully afraid of the furry beast, he didn’t see a choice to be made.

“Alright, but,” Michael said with a sigh, trailing off as he searched for words. “Sorry about this,” was all Michael could manage. Misty nodded.

“Then to the bathroom?” Misty asked as the awkward silence stretched.

The two positioned themselves behind the door, ready to dash to the bathroom. Slowly they opened the door before sprinting to the bathroom, slamming the door behind them.

When they were in the safety of the bathroom, they looked at each other and laughed at their foolishness. Quickly they brushed their teeth, occasionally hitting their head together as they went to spit.

“Uh-oh,” Misty said in realization.

“What?” Michael asked, alarmed.

“I need to pee,” Misty said bluntly. Michael’s eyes went wide before he chuckled.

“I do too,” he replied. They both looked toward the door. Neither of them were willing going outside by themselves. “How about I turn around and close my ears,” he offered, not wanting to leave into the cage.

Misty contemplated the idea, not too comfortable with it, but was unwilling to stand outside when Michael used the bathroom either.

“I could sing to myself if that helps,” Michael added.

Reluctantly she agreed, embarrassed as she did her business and waited for Michael to finish his. In an awkward silence, they got ready to sprint back to the room.

“Wait, don’t you want to shower?” Michael asked, but did not push further when Misty gave him a glare.

“I showered before I left for work,” Misty grumbled but knew that she should have washed before bed.

After a few arrangements, Misty was able to sprint to the bathroom to take a quick shower and run back. She had arranged for Michael to come back in twenty minutes, after her quick hop in the shower.

Back in the room together again, everything was again silent. They could not look at each other as they got ready for bed.
♠ ♠ ♠
ewwww the mouse RETURNS!!!