Status: writing a story is like putting on paper the things you ultimately fantasize or what you want to happen :]

Together Under Our Roof

This is Bad

“Welcome back Misty,” Patrick greeted as Misty came up the stairs. Michael came up behind her, his head hung low, surprising Patrick as he stood behind Misty.

“Hey, Patrick,” Misty sighed tiredly. Patrick stared at the large man skeptically.

“And who may this be?” Patrick asked Misty. Misty turned to Michael.

“This is my new roommate, Michael Buckner. Michael, this is my neighbor Patrick Tyler,” she grumbled, introducing the two.

“Roommate, and by that you mean –,” Patrick asked startled. He looked from Misty to Michael, shock clouding his train of thought.

“He will be living with me from now on for a few months,” Misty sighed. Grudgingly, she pulled open the door to her apartment and went in tiredly. Michael hesitated before entering through the door. Patrick reluctantly followed behind them into the room.

“What do you mean –,” he started. Misty looked at him and then lowered her eyes. Patrick saw that she was upset and quieted himself. As he walked past Michael, he sent a glare to show that she was someone he should not mess with.

“Look Patrick, can we talk about this later? I need to get Michael settled in first,” Misty pleaded. Patrick sighed and sat back into the couch. Meanwhile, Michael cowered in a corner, silent as Misty bustled around the apartment. He watched her as she searched through closets.

When she started to pull out a large blanket, a large object loomed above her, threatening to fall at any moment.

“Watch out!” Michael warned as he jumped toward Misty, pushing her down as a large box fell from the top of the closet. The box tumbled down and its contents spilled out.

“Ouch,” Misty groaned painfully. Slowly, she propped herself up on her elbows, reaching to her head to finding that the landing had been odd. She felt something before her as she extended her arm, reaching for her glasses that had fallen off during the fall.

When Misty looked up, Michael’s face was inches from hers. Although her vision was blurred, she could see his features perfectly. His eyes were strong, swirling with blues of crazy shades. His eyes were enchanting, drawing her in as she watched them move across her face. She felt the warmth in them filling her cold body, seeping into her very soul. Misty noticed that his lashes were extremely long, fluttering as his eyes met hers.

Slowly, she moved her eyes downwards, tracing his straight nose which arched slightly on the ridge. Then she moved down further until she saw the supple lips she had seen earlier that night. Their breaths mingled, growing hot as they exhaled together.

When Michael jumped for Misty, he had landed with a crash, but when he opened his eyes seconds later, he had been embracing the girl. Quickly, he released her but when he saw her scared face, he froze. Her glasses had disappeared and she had been flushed. She was cuter than he had thought. Her flushed face reminded him of a small child. When she opened her eyes, he was immediately taken aback. Her dark green eyes were beautiful. He could not help but get lost in them, feeling comfort in the warmth of her eyes.

He was fully aware that he was on top of her but he could not will himself to get up. He was trapped. With their bodies entangled and their breaths filling his lungs, he could not help but want to explore her and her life. He suddenly needed to get to know her. He tightened his hold that he scarcely had on her. He watched as her eyes searched his. He knew that this was dangerous but he stayed. He had searched her face, looking for something when he fell upon her lips. They were lush and plump, sleek in the light of the faulty lighting.

He leaned in closer, watching her as he did. She flinched, but slowly lifted her chin, ready to meet his lips. She was hesitant. So this is her first kiss, Michael realized, smirking slightly.

Their breaths became short and lingered momentarily as they got closer.

“Ahem.”

Startled, Misty and Michael jerked back, separating themselves quickly. Misty got up quickly, flushed as she realized what almost happened. She had almost let in a man into her heart, and a stranger who would be in her home.

Michael jumped to his feet, surprised by the sudden interruption. He turned to Patrick, but was too embarrassed to meet the man’s eyes. He flashed a quick glance at the man’s smiling face and then turned to Misty, who was supporting herself by leaning on a table, gasping in shock.

Misty looked at Patrick’s loathsome smiling face and then at the blankets. Hurriedly, she grabbed the blankets from the floor and tossed them at Michael, avoiding his cursed eyes.

“You can sleep there for now until we can find you a bed or cot or something,” Misty choked out pointing at the torn couch.

“Sure,” Michael nodded quickly as he watched Misty rush to her room, closing the door behind her carefully. Inside, Misty jumped into her bed and wrapped herself into her blankets. She stuffed her head under her pillow and screamed.

“What the hell was that!” she questioned herself. She was scared. What had made her do such a thing? Men were filthy pigs and she was almost lured into his charm. She squirmed around in bed, contemplating what had just happened. The man was outside and they had almost kissed. Misty was confused and embarrassed.

“You chose the wrong girl to live with,” Patrick said suddenly. Michael walked to the couch and sat next to Patrick, slumping into the fluffy couch as he heaved a sigh.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about,” Michael lied. Patrick looked at Michael skeptically then turned to Misty’s door. Heaving a heavy sigh, he turned back to Michael. He studied Michael, reading him as Michael watched the old man.

“She isn’t one of those girls. She’s difficult,” Patrick informed Michael as he stood up. He walked to the door but before leaving, he turned around and added, “Don’t forget to help around the house while you’re here,” and turned around on his heels and chuckled as he closed the door behind him. Michael fell into the couch and groaned into his new bed.
♠ ♠ ♠
please comment! this should be getting good soon so please subscribe or message!