Status: writing a story is like putting on paper the things you ultimately fantasize or what you want to happen :]

Together Under Our Roof

New Roommates

As they both walked back to the apartment, an awkward silence built between them. They stood as far apart from each other as they could without being too obvious about the uncomforted feeling they felt toward each other. They walked slowly, shivering as the cold breezes pushed against them.

“They seem like really nice people,” Michael began. He could not take the silence anymore, hoping that if he talked, Misty would not feel as awkward and would talk to him. Misty nodded, keeping her eyes from Michael’s staring eyes.

“Yeah, they really are,” Misty agreed, thinking to herself about all of the great things the couple had done for her. Misty looked away hiding a smile as they continued to walk home. Without another word, they arrived at the apartment.

Reluctantly, Misty unlocked the door and held the door open for Michael, scared of letting him in the house again. Before Michael took off his shoes, he looked behind him at Misty.

“I’m really sorry to be intruding Misty. I promise to stay out of your way and I promise not to hurt you again,” Michael said apologetically. Michael turned around, took of his shoes and trudged to the coach. He sat down and watched as Misty followed him and walked to her bedroom without another word. “Good night,” Michael tried. Misty turned around for a moment and smiled slightly.

“Good night Michael,” Misty sighed. Misty closed the door behind her and fell onto her futon. She closed her eyes and listened for any movement from the living room. When everything was quiet, Misty fell back into her pillow and immediately fell asleep.

♂♀

When Misty woke up, she quietly sat up in her blanket. She turned toward her door and sighed as she remembered her new guest. Without moving, she listened to hear any movement in the next room. When she was sure that he was not awake, Misty moved quietly around her room as she gathered her things to go take a shower. Silently, she tiptoed to the door, opening the door a crack before peeking out into the living room.

When she looked through the crack, she did not see Michael. When she thought it was safe, she slipped through the door and edged toward the bathroom by the kitchen.

As she twisted the door knob, she heard a loud grumble come from behind her, followed by a heavy moan. Misty jerked around, watching as Michael sat up on the couch, his large build covering up the light that fell through the window almost completely. Slowly, Michael turned around toward Misty, yawning as he came to.

“Morning,” Michael grumbled as he rubbed the dirt from his eyes. Misty stared at him wide eyed and surprised.

“M – morning,” Misty stuttered before slamming bathroom door behind her, startling Michael as she did so.

Why am I embarrassed? Misty asked herself, realizing what she had just done. Too annoyed to care, she stripped of her clothes and stepped into the bathtub, letting the water wash over her as she stood under the warm rainfall.

Michael was shocked. Misty seemed odd again and he did not know why. As the shower grew louder throughout the silent apartment, Michael sat on the couch listening to the light patter of the water. He waited silently as Misty showered, waiting for her to come out so that he could also get ready.

Michael giggled when Misty began to hum loudly in the shower, whistling to the tune along with her. He sat back into the couch and began to sing the lyrics to the SpongeBob Squarepants theme song with her, laughing as he went along. When the shower was turned off and she had become silent, he watched the door, amused.

Slowly, the door creaked open. Misty peered around the door, scanning the living room before stepping out. When her eyes met the eyes that stared at her, she jumped. She slammed and locked the door. Suddenly, there was a knocking at the door, followed by a deep yet soft voice.

“Misty, I need the bathroom too,” Michael sighed. Quickly, Misty fumbled with the lock.

“Sorry,” Misty muttered, pushing past Michael as she rushed to her room. Michael’s smiling eyes followed Misty, watching her as she tripped several times before she pushed herself into her room. He chuckled as the door slammed behind her.

When Misty got in her room, she wanted to scream. She felt so embarrassed. Why had she acted so foolishly? Now Michael was sure to think of her as a freak. Instead of screaming, she went to her closet and hit her head a few times before slumping to the ground flushed, with a heavy headache.

When Misty finally found the courage to leave her room, knowing that Michael had decided to take a shower, she tiptoed to the kitchen to get something for a quick breakfast. When she walked past the bathroom, she heard something odd. Michael was singing the SpongeBob Squarepants theme song in the shower.

Immediately Misty was conscious that he had heard her singing in the shower. Why else would he be singing the same song as her? She grew pale, but she tried to busy herself in the kitchen. By the end of Michael’s fourth time singing the song, Misty had unconsciously joined into his singing, humming along quietly as she prepared her breakfast.

Misty was seated at the table, ready to dig into her breakfast when the shower was turned off. Misty panicked. She had thought that she had a little more time to eat her breakfast, but she did not think that Michael’s shower did not last that long. She froze in her seat, scared to make any noise.

When Michael pushed the door open, Misty whipped a glare at Michael, the only thing she could think of but when she turned around, she screamed loudly, dropping the fork that was in her hands to cover her eyes.

“Put some clothes on!” Misty exclaimed angrily as her head whipped back, away from Michael’s naked chest. Michael chuckled, realizing what had caught her eyes. He was not wearing a shirt and he was in his boxers. Although he did not know what had made her scream but he was amused with her reaction to something so trivial.

Misty had only glimpsed at his body but she had seen everything. Misty had seen his bare chest, his abs well defined to show a hint of a six pack. His pecks looked toned and his tan skin, dripped in droplets of water, stretched over his fairly large muscles. Misty became embarrassed, never seeing a guy half naked before.

Michael chuckled quietly, tiptoeing toward the small shaking girl. When he came up behind her, he reached over her, brushing her hair lightly as he reached for her piece of toast. He felt her squirm, her face reddening under her hands. He snickered quietly before pulling back. He walked back to his bag of clothes, pulling out a pair of shorts and a plain t-shirt.

“I’m dressed,” Michael said mockingly. Misty reluctantly removed her hands from her red face, her head not daring to turn around. When she looked down at her plate, grabbing at the toast, she noticed that it had disappeared. She jerked around, glaring at Michael as he silently at her toast with a playful smile taunting her.

“You stole my toast!” she accused the grown man. Her bottom lip curled and her brows furrowed as she pouted at the grown man who had already downed more than half of her perfectly toasted toast. She watched helplessly, tears forming as her toast disappeared into the man’s stomach.

“Thank you, it was delicious,” he said mockingly. He watched as her face grew solemn, her eyes growing large like that of a neglected puppy. Guilt overwhelmed him as he watched the phenomenon. Reluctantly, he let out a sigh and felt defeated as he started toward the bag of bread. When he looked at Misty again, her eyes were following him, sadness turned to a childish grin as she waited patiently for her new piece of toast.

Michael turned away from her, his mind racing as he found the grin on Misty’s face amazingly interesting. He could not help but laugh at the girl’s interesting faces and actions.

When the toast was done, he spread some butter over it and sprinkled some sugar over it before setting in front of the eager child. He sat opposite her, watching as she slowly downed the new piece of toast, savoring the delicious sweetness of her breakfast.

Michael watched as her face changed multiple times during her breakfast. She went from eager childish to filial ecstasy as she finished the last piece of toast. Michael had to hide multiple smiles to keep from frightening the fully occupied girl. Never had he seen a girl who was so pleased to eat toast or any type of food.

When she was done, Misty sat back in her chair, lifting her head to the ceiling as she sighed out an accomplished sigh. Accidentally, a burp slipped through her lips which made her sit up straight and redden again when she realized that she had just let one out in front of a stranger.

When Michael saw the stricken face of a girl who had just burped in front of him, he could not help but to burst out laughing. Misty watched as Michael fell to the floor laughing and could not hold back a laugh at her own embarrassment as well at Michael who was now under the chair he had been sitting in, rattling the chair as he howled loudly. Soon, Misty was on the floor with Michael, laughing out loudly as she clutched her stomach in pain.

For a long time, they could not stop laughing, only stopping to get some air, and when they had thought they had finished laughing, they caught each others’ eyes and fell into another fit of laughter.
♠ ♠ ♠
i would love some comments, critques, questions, or anything :) please subscribe! this will be a great story (i hope!)
Critiques will be greatly appreiated. i want to make this story as good as i can.