‹ Prequel: Untangle Me
Status: Completed!

Listen To Your Heart

Explanations

I was standing backstage with my little headset on, getting ready to send Austin Gibbs on stage to start off the night. I cued for the lights to brighten and then sent the band out as screams of excitement filled the venue. I smiled as the music started up: this was the beginning of what I had been working so hard on. I tapped my foot to the music, enjoying it. Once his set was over, the crews worked quickly to change sets. This process continued for A Rocket to the Moon and Mayday Parade until it was time for The Maine. The guys were gathered around me, their instruments in hand, ready to go out. I eyed John. He didn’t seem drunk, just a bit tipsy. I appreciated that he made the effort to not get smashed. When it was time, I sent them out, watching as John sauntered over to the microphone. The music started up immediately and John began singing. I listened with a small smile on my face throughout the guys’ set. When they were done, they came off stage and I gave them high-fives. I sent the crew out to start packing up and then left backstage to coordinate with security for the meet and greets. I ran around for the next hour, trying to make sure everything went smoothly. When it was the guys’ curfew, there were still a handful of people in line waiting to meet the guys. I didn’t have the heart to send them away, so I let the guys finish, even though I knew I could get in trouble if my superiors found out. I watched as the last girl in line got her picture with the final band member still out: John. After the picture, I saw him say something and point to me, causing her to look over and nod to him. They hugged goodbye and then she came over to me.
“Hi. Um, John told me that you’re the one that let the guys stay past curfew to finishing signing, and I just wanted to thank you. This is my first concert, and meeting my favorite bands made it so much better.” She said. I smiled down at her.
“You’re welcome sweetie. But if anyone asks, I had nothing to do with this.” I laughed.
“Understood.” She chuckled before giving me a small wave and hurrying off. I looked back at John who was leaning against the brick wall of the venue, looking at me. I just pointed to the buses. He chuckled and shook his head amused, standing up straight and making his way to his bus. I made my rounds through the venue, making sure everyone was on schedule for packing up so that we could leave on time for the next city. I spent my night overseeing everyone else and when all the bands finally had everything packed, I went to each bus and gave them the go ahead to start driving, after checking to make sure everyone was on the bus. Soon, just the AP bus and The Maine’s bus were left. I knocked on the door of the guy’s bus and Pat opened it.
“Hey loverboy.” I smirked.
“Oh god.” He groaned, rubbing his hand over his face. I laughed.
“Okay, okay. I’ll wait to torture you tomorrow. I’m just here to check that everyone is on the bus and then you guys can start driving.” I explained.
“Yeah, everyone’s here. We’re having a little kick-off party. Care to join?” He asked.
“Wish I could, but I gotta be on my bus. Have fun, but not too much fun.” I told him before walking off and back to my bus. Once I got on, I immediately found AJ, who was hiding in her bunk.
“Oh… I was hoping you wouldn’t find me.” She sighed.
“AJ, the bus is not particularly big; the chances of me not finding you are about none.” I said.
“A girl can dream!” She defended. I laughed and scooted into her bunk.
“Alright, spill. I gave you a whole night to come up with something to say.” I smirked.
“What is there to say?” She asked.
“Um, how about how the hell it happened! And what does it make you two?” I asked.
“It just sort of… happened. We were walking around and talking, and people kept interrupting us with questions or something, so we went into one of the rooms for some privacy and then next thing I knew I was up against the wall and he was kissing me!” She explained.
“So are you dating?” I asked.
“Yeah, I guess. After you barged in, he got really nervous and knew that you were going to interrogate us and he wasn’t sure what he was going to tell you or how we was going to define our relationship or what to call me and I told him to call me his girlfriend and then he was like ‘wait, really’ and I smiled and nodded and then he did that really cute smile that takes up his whole face and you can just see how happy he is and then we kissed some more.” She said all in one breathe. I smiled and hugged her.
“Aww, I’m so happy for you. Both of you. This is so perfect.” I cooed.
“Thanks. I’m really happy.” She said, an ever-present grin on her face.
“Good. I’m glad. Now you’re gonna be good to my Patticakes, right?” I asked with a smile. She laughed and nodded.
“Of course. He’s too perfect to ever hurt.” She smiled. I smiled at my friend’s giddiness, happy that at least one of us could be with someone special.
♠ ♠ ♠
Awww :3 Cuties
Even though it's my birthday, I'll give you all a gift of a new chapter. :]
But shit starts to get real from now on so prepare yourselves.
Enjoy and Comment!