‹ Prequel: Untangle Me
Status: Completed!

Listen To Your Heart

New Beginnings

“I’m sure you’ve heard that Amanda has decided to move departments. So, you know that the job is yours if you want it. What are your thoughts?” My boss asked me. He had called me into the office the day that Amanda came back. I had already decided what I was going to do.
“Well I’ve been thinking it over, and I’ve decided that the traveling is just not plausible for me at this point in my life. But I really appreciate the opportunity.” I told him.
“I understand completely. It’s a lot to be away from home so often.” He nodded.
“Yes. But I do suggest you offer the job to AJ. She really deserves it. She was a lifesaver while we were on tour.” I told him. Even though it sucks for her to be away, her job consisted of going on tour anyway, so she might as well be in charge of it.
“Alright, I’ll consider that suggestion. So, we’re going to have you continue the job you’re currently at, alright?” He instructed.
“Perfect. I’m very happy with where I am.” I smiled.
“Great. I’m glad. I will see you around the office.” He smiled back, standing up. I stood up too and shook his hand before saying good-bye and leaving. I went back to my cubicle and continued my work until the end of the day. I headed home and changed out of my work clothes into a t-shirt and jean shorts and headed over to the guys’ place to see if John was home. I walked in without knocking, feeling more comfortable doing so now that John and I were back together. I found John spread out on the couch, watching TV. He smiled when I entered and started to sit up, but I ran over and jumped on top of him, pushing him back down.
“Well, hello there.” He chuckled, a small groan in his voice from the weight I was putting on him.
“Hey sexy.” I smiled, leaning down and kissing him. He smiled up at me.
“Oh, so you think I’m sexy?” He smirked.
“A little.” I smiled, laying down on top of him and resting my chin on his chest so I could still look at him.
“Only a little?” He frowned. “I think you’re a lot sexy.” He said, wrapping his arms around my waist.
“That’s cause you’re a horny boy. You think anything with a pulse is sexy.” I joked.
“That’s not true! They have to be a girl.” He joked back. I laughed and hit him in the arm playfully.
“Oh shut up.” I pouted.
“I’m just kidding, babe. There may be other pretty girls out there, but I’ll never know cause I can’t keep my eyes off you.” He smiled.
“You’re just sucking up to me.” I smiled.
“Whatever you say, darling.” He smiled, tightening his arm around me. I smiled and rested my head on his chest. After a moment of silence, I spoke up.
“Amanda came back today.” I told him.
“Oh really?” He commented.
“Yeah. And my boss offered me the job.” I said. He stiffened ever so slightly under me.
“And what did you decide?” He asked, taking a deep breath.
“I decided that I don’t want to be away from you any more than I have to. So I didn’t take the job.” I told him. He nodded but his smile faded slowly. “What’s wrong? I thought you’d be happy.”
“I am happy. Just… if it wasn’t for me, would you have taken the job?” He asked.
“I don’t know. Maybe. Probably for a little while at least.” I told him.
“Well now I feel like I’m holding you back.” He frowned.
“You’re not holding me back, John. Some things are worth sacrifice. You mean more to me than some job promotion. I’m sure there will be others eventually; ones that don’t involve constant travel.” I told him. He sighed, but nodded.
“You’re right. You’re always right.” He said.
“I know I am.” I smiled and kissed him. He deepened the kiss, but I pulled back after a while. “Are we alone?” I asked.
“Yeah. The guys are out.” He said, trying to kiss me again but I pulled away, causing him to pout.
“Will they be back anytime soon?” I asked.
“I don’t think so. They went out with some friends.” He said.
“Why didn’t you go with them?” I asked.
“Because I wanted to see my amazing girlfriend when she got home from work.” He said. I smiled and gave him a quick kiss. He frowned when I pulled away. I just grinned and climbed off him.
“Where are you going?” He whined, sitting up.
“You’re room. You can come if you want.” I smiled over my shoulder as I moved towards the hallway. He shot up from the couch and trailed behind me quickly.
“Is this really happening?” He asked, wrapping his arms around me from behind. I giggled from the tickling sensation when he leaned down and kissed neck.
“It’s not like we haven’t done it before, John.” I said.
“I know. It’s just, I wasn’t sure that if when we got back together, if we, you know, had to start all over again.” He said.
“Do you want to wait three months again?” I asked.
“Not particularly.” He said, pulling me into him tighter.
“Then we should probably continue to your room.” I told him with a smile, turning around to face him, grabbing his hand and pulling him to his room. As we got to his room, I stopped and looked at him. “Oh, by the way. I lied.” I told him.
“About what?” He asked, raising an eyebrow.
“I think you’re a lot sexy.” I smirked. He just laughed and wrapped his arms around me, picking me up and bringing me into his room before shutting the door behind him.
♠ ♠ ♠
I like this chapter. I think they're cute. :]
Last chapter tomorrow!
Enjoy and Comment and Recommend!