Sequel: Artificial Smile.
Status: Complete.

Shouting Under My Breath.

A sweet little tale that ended sour

Image

The end of summer in 2009
They stood in front of the airport, neither of them daring to blink and holding each others hands. Her blue eyes stayed locked on his grey ones. She couldn’t even bring herself to speak. She knew if she tried she would definitely start crying. Him on the other hand, he was at a loss for words. He didn’t even know what to say to her. He stood there biting his lip, trying to think of something to say.
“I honestly don’t know what to say love.” He said with his English accent that made her melt.
“I don’t know what to say either.” She said smiling, but fighting back tears at the same time.
“Sparrow I’m really going to miss you.” He said pulling her into a hug and pressing his lips to the top of her head.
“I wish I didn’t have to go home.” Tears started sliding down her cheeks.
“Sparrow love please don’t cry.” He swiped his thumb over her cheek wiping away the tears.
“I’m sorry it’s just, I knew when we started this at the beginning that this was going to end this way.”
“What do you mean you knew this was going to end this way?” He asked confused.
“I knew that when I fell for you that, I would end up crying when I said goodbye to you.”
“Hey, were not saying goodbye.” He said holding her tighter.
“Please don’t be super cheesy and say were not saying goodbye, were saying see you later.” She said mocking his accent cause to laugh a little.
“I’m impressed with your accent.” He said releasing her from his hold, and lacing his fingers with hers again.
“Thanks that’s what happens when you spend almost every waking moment for two and a half months with a Britt.” They both laughed.
They were brought out of their happy moment when the alarm that Dan had sat on his phone went off, telling them they really had to say goodbye. It was time for Sparrow to go inside and check in and everything, so she could fly back home to the States.
“I got to go.” She said before pressing her lips to his. Neither of them could say the kiss started out innocent. They kissed like it was going to be there last kiss for a long time. He slid his tongue along her bottom lip, and she opened her mouth willingly. It was filled with lust and passion. She unwillingly pulled away and looked at their feet.
“Bye Dan.” She said pulling away from him.
“Bye Sparrow.” He said exhaling as she walked away.
Tears started streaming down her face again as she walked inside the airport.
The plane ride home was long, Sparrow slept through about half of it. She was exhausted on account of her and Dan stayed up all night enjoying the little amount of time they had left together.
She walked out to the luggage claim area to find her best friend Alice standing with a sign that said “Asher” and a huge smile on her face.
“Sparrow!” She said running over and pulling her into a hug.
“I missed you so much Alice.”
“I missed you too.” She said as they walked over to get Sparrow’s suitcases.
“Ok so spill about his Dan fellow that you spent the summer cozying up with.” Alice said wiggling her eyebrows.
“It wasn’t like that.” She said as they walked out to Ruby’s car.
“What do you mean it’s wasn’t like that?”
“I just didn’t sleep with him, I had a real relationship.”
“Wait so are you still together?”
“We said we’re going to stay in contact.

Sparrow sat on her bed typing out her essay for her English class. She had been working on it for about two hours now and just couldn’t wait to finish.
There was a point in time when Sparrow used to love school. Now it’s just a big pain in her ass. School did nothing but interfere with her job and her social life. She was having a hard time juggling school, her social life and her boyfriend.
It was getting to the point were she was never saw outside of her bedroom do to all the school work she had.
“Sparrow, Nate’s here.” Alice said walking into Sparrows room.
“Ok.” She said saving her project and closing her laptop. She walked into the living room to find Nate sitting on the couch with a smile plastered on his face.
“Hey baby.” He said getting off the couch walking over and pulling her into a hug.
“Hey.” She said as he kissed her forehead.
“So I was thinking since you’re spending our one year anniversary with Alice, and going to some show with her. Why don’t we go out lunch?” He said giving her a hopeful smile.
“That sounds really nice.”
“Ok let’s go then.”
They both decided that they Ruby’s, so they went to the one Huntington Beach pier. They had ordered and they were talking about random things waiting for their food.
“Can you believe we’ve been together a year.”
“It’s flown by.” She said giving him a smile.
“Doll how much longer till you’re on summer break?” Nate asked.
“One week then I have the whole summer off.”
“What do you plan on doing this summer?” He reached across the table and grabbed her hands.
“I plan on sleeping in and going to the beach, and spending time with you and Alice.”
“Sounds like fun.”
“It’s going to be. I’m going to enjoy this summer.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter tile and picture lyrics from You Me At Six's The Dilemma
* Okay so I pretty much started writing this story after I met the wonderful Dan Flint. I'm not sure how many people are really going to read this but I hope a lot. This story seriously would probably not exist without BUSTANUT. I can seriously not ever thank her enough for helping with this story.
* Okay so I pretty much have one simple request on this story, please don't be silent reader. I scared enough that nobody is going to read this story any ways, so please comment on it.
* I think everyone should know by now that I love You Me At Six. I love them so much that I've wrote one shots about each of the. I will forever love you if you read them and comment on them.
* So I'm already on chapter 15 of this story. I'm not sure if I'm going to make this a 20 or 25 chapter story.