Sequel: Artificial Smile.
Status: Complete.

Shouting Under My Breath.

Desperate minds mean desperate measures

Image

Dan and Sparrow laid on Sparrow’s bed tangled in the sheets covering their naked bodies. Sparrow had a guilty feeling in her stomach as she stared at the ceiling. She loved the feeling of waking up next to Dan again, but at the same time she felt horrible for cheating on Nate.

She looked over at Dan and watched as his chest steadily moved up and down. She found it completely calming watching him sleep. She slowly reached on the ground picking up Dan’s shirt on the ground and slipping it on. She slowly rolled on her side and went back to watching Dan sleep.

“How long have you been watching me sleep?” He said slowly opening up his blue eyes. His voice was raspy do to him just waking up.

“Not long maybe five minutes.” She resting her head on his chest.

“I miss waking up next to you.” He said kissing the top of her head as he ran his fingers slowly through her red hair.

“I know I miss waking up next to you too.”

“I see you found my shirt.” He laughed lightly. “Yeah you know how much I love your shirts.” She smiled into his chest. “I know.” He said wrapping his arms around her holding her close. She slowly traced a circle on his hip. As he held his eyes closed enjoying the moment he wished could last forever.

“You know you’re beautiful love.” He whispered softly while staring into her blue eyes.

“I’m not beautiful I’m average at most.”

“Nope you’re absolutely stunning.” He smiled push as strain of hair behind her ear.

“If I didn’t know any better I would swear you were trying to get me into bed.” She laughed.

“That’s funny, because we’re already in bed.”

“I love you.” He whispered.

“I love you too.” She said kissing the tip of his nose.

“Don’t you have band practice or something?” She said grabbing the blanket to cover her half naked body as she crawled out of bed.

“We’re recording some today. Why are you trying to get rid of me?” He laughed while slipping on his boxers and she slipped on her underwear.

“No I’m not trying to get rid of you.” She said walking over to him seductively.

“You better not be.” He laughed before pressing his lips to her forehead.

“So what are your plans for today?” He asked while slipping into his skinny jeans as she slipped into a pair of shorts.

“Yeah I’m supposed to go over to Nate’s house.” Just the mention of Nate’s name made Dan feel nausea. “Oh.” He slipped on his shoes not really making eye contact with Sparrow. He didn’t want her to know that it affected him so much that she was going to spend time with Nate.

“I’m sorry.” She walked over to him and laced her fingers together with his. “It’s ok you have to spend time with him.” He lied it wasn’t ok, and he didn’t want her spending time with him. He wanted Sparrow all to himself and he didn’t want to share her by any means.

“Ok.” She said as he walked over and pressed his lips to hers gently.

“You know I need my shirt back?” He laughed.

“Here you go.” She said taking it off and handing it to him leaving her topless. He smiled as she picked her bra off the ground and put it on.

“I’ll text you when I’m done recording.” He said as she put her own shirt on.

“Ok.” He turned around one last time and pressed his lips her for a simple goodbye kiss.

Nate and Sparrow sat in the library with their nose glued to their history books. They were writing down note cards for their five page history essay that was do next week. ”So is it wrong I want to ask you out?” Nate asked giving her a smile.

“It’s not wrong, but I’m not emotionally available.” She said turning the page.

“Well that sound complicated.” He laughed lightly.

“It is.” She said looking into his brown eyes.

“Is it over that British guy?” Nate had only heard a little bit about Sparrow dating some guy in England. He had heard about it through the grape vine.

“Yeah it is.”

“What’s one date gonna hurt?” He asked giving her a smile that she found too cute.

“Out of all the girls in this school what makes me so special?”

“There’s a list I have of all your special qualities.”

“I don’t know if I should find that cute or if I should be worried.” She laughed closing her history book.”

“You should find it cute.”


“What the hell are we watching?” Nate asked as he stuck his hand in the bowl of popcorn. He and Sparrow were sitting on his living room couch. He had one arm tightly wrapped around her, and the other free to grab popcorn.

“It’s Gossip Girl.” She said looking into his brown eyes.

“Could you have chosen a girlier show?” He said standing up cause Sparrow to fall sideways.

“Yeah I’m pretty sure I could have.” She said annoyed by the way he was acting.

“This show is literally nothing but richer teenagers complaining and having sex.” He said sitting on the edge of the coffee table in front of Sparrow.

“Pretty much like you minus the sex part.”

“Ok quit acting like I’m the spoiled one here.” He said standing up and heading into the kitchen. His little hit towards her, really pissed Sparrow.

“Please do explain how I’m spoiled.” She said walking into Kitchen to find Nate grabbing a beer.

“Are you serious your parents paid for you to spend a summer in England?” He said cracking his beer open.

“Ok so what?” She said crossing her arms over her chest.

“Don’t act like nobody has ever called you spoiled.” He said rolling his eyes.

“Yeah people have, but I never thought you would.”

“Are you seriously that mad that I called you spoiled?”

“I don’t know if I would say I’m mad. I’m more annoyed then anything.”

“You know I’m going to go home call me when you’re in a better mood.” Sparrow said walking out the front door.

Ever since Nate found out that Sparrow was hanging out with Dan. He had been on edge. He didn’t like that she was spending time with the guy that broke her heart. He was the one that picked up the pieces and he refused to lose her.

”So what’s the plan for tonight love?” He asked as the walked into her flat.

“I was thinking we watch your guilty pleasure.” She said smiling.

“Oh so you’re down to watch porn with me.” He said giving her a crooked smile.

“No you asshole Gossip Girl.” She said shoving his shoulder. He wasted no time picking her up and throwing her over his shoulder.

“Put me down.” She whined as he walked over towards her bedroom.

“I’m gonna pass.” He smiled.

“Daniel David Flint put me down.” She said kicking her legs like a toddler trying to get out of his hold.

“Sparrow Eloise Asher I’m going to pass on putting you down love.”

“You can’t use my full name and hold me over your shoulder then call me love.” She said still trying to get out of his hold as he stopped in front of her bed.

“Sorry love.”

“You are not sorry.” She whined as he lightly tossed her on the bed.

“Yes I am.” He said as he crawled over her.

“You know if you weren’t so charming I wouldn’t let you get away with all that.” She giggled as he kissed her neck.

“You only like me for my charm? I thought you only like me for my dashing good looks.”

“Those too.” She said before attaching her lips to his.

“Where’s the Gossip Girl DVDs?” Dan asked rolling off her.

“You’re really going to leave me hanging like this for Gossip Girl?” She laughed sitting up.

“Yeah love its Gossip Girl. I got to find out what’s going on with Chuck and Blaire.” He said standing up.

“You are absolutely ridiculous.” She said rolling her eyes.


Dan walked into the house that he was sharing with the guys to find them all in the living room playing Call of Duty. “Kill him! Kill him!” Max shouted at the screen.

“I’m trying, calm down.” Chris said a lot calmer then Max. Max always one to get really into the video games they were playing.

“Aw look who finally came home.” Josh said looking over at Dan as he took his jacket off.

“Yeah I’m home.” He said as he ran his fingers through his bleached hair.

“How did things go with Sparrow?” Matt asked.

“Great.” Dan said simplify walking into the living room.

“You totally shagged her.” Josh said.

“How the bloody hell did you know that?” Dan asked wondering what he did to let them know.

“Just the way you said great.”

“Obviously it was a great time if he got some.” Matt laughed.

“So was it as good as old times, or did she get better because she had more experience now?” Josh asked trying to push his buttons. It annoyed him that Josh brought up the fact that Sparrow had been sleeping with Nate. He didn’t even want to think about somebody else touching her, the way he did. She was his.

“Shut up.” Dan said walking out of the kitchen.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter title and pictures lyrics from Playing The Blame Game.
* You get some jealous Dan and then you get some jealous Nate. Also you get some pissed off Sparrow in this chapter. What do you think?
* So last chapter I had three people comment which made me feel a lot better about this story. I want to thank Laggg, TheHider, and dzsinidzsoni.
* I had a mini freak out today, I realized I see You Me At Six in 10 days.