Sequel: Artificial Smile.
Status: Complete.

Shouting Under My Breath.

When I was with her everybody stared

Image

Sparrow laid in her bed silently staring at the ceiling not wanting to move. She was still trying to figure out if seeing Dan again last night was a dream. Seeing him gave her so many mixed emotions. Everything about last night seemed so surreal to her. She never in a million years thought she'd see Dan at a show.

"You know it’s like four o'clock in the afternoon, right?" Alice said leaning on the door frame.

"Yeah I do. Is there a problem with me staying in bed?"

"No, I'm just wondering why you're still in bed. You've been acting strange since last night."

"I have?"

"Yeah what happened when you went upstairs?"

"I just went up there to get some air, and Dan came over and talk to me." She said crawling out of bed.

"What did you two talk about?" She asked sitting on the edge of the bed.

"He asked me to go out to dinner with him tonight." She picked up a hoodie off the floor and put it on.

"Are you going to go?"

"Yeah."

"What do you think Nate will say?"

"I'm not going to tell him about this. I don't want him to get worried."

"Honestly if I was him I would be worried." Alice said shocking Sparrow. "Dan holds a special place in your heart."

"He was just a summer fling." She said walking over to her closet.

"My ass he was just a summer fling. You were all broken up when you two stopped talking." Alice said calling her out.

"Ok so what it was more then a summer fling. It’s just dinner, nothing more." She was getting annoyed that Alice was on her case out of nowhere.

"I don't want you to end up hurt again."

"I'm not going to end up hurt again. It’s been two years. I don't have feelings for him anymore."

"If you don't have feelings for him anymore, then why did you freak out so much last night when you saw him?"

"Freaked out because I literally haven't seen him two years. I'm allowed to freak out." She said annoyed while looking through her closet.

"I really enjoyed dinner." She said while walking down the crowded city street with her fingers laced with his.

"I did too. What do you want to do now?" He asked. "Is it possible we can go to a club?" She asked as he unlaced his fingers from hers and put his arm around her shoulder.

"Yeah that sounds like fun." He pulled her closer into his side as the walked down the street.
They walked into the crowded club, and Sparrow's eyes widened at everything that was going on around her. She watched as everyones on the dance floor moved to the beat of the song.

"Love do you want something to drink?" He whispered in her she felt a tingling sensation go down her spine.

"Yes please." She watched as he walked over to the bar. She saw an empty table so she took the opportunity to take it.

"Can I get vodka and tonic, and a beer?" Dan said to the bartender over the music. He stood there looking over his shoulder at Sparrow to make sure she was okay.

"Here you go." The bartender said handing his drink, as Dan laid the money down on the bar and started walking back to Sparrow.

"Here you go." He said sitting the drink in front of her. "Thank you." She said as he leaned over and pressed his lip lightly to her cheek. "I think we should finish our drink then hit the dance floor." She said whispering in his ear. "I like that plan a lot love."

The two of them down their drinks, and Sparrow grabbed Dan's hand leading them out to the dance floor. They snaked through the crowd trying to find a spot to dance. When she felt like she found a suitable spot, Sparrow smiled at Dan and turned around pressing her butt into his hip. The two of them moved in sync to the music. Dan had his hands on her hips as they swayed to the music. Dan could feel the jealous eyes staring at him as he dance with the prettiest girl in the room.

"Do you feel that?" He whispered into her ear.

"What are you talking about?" She said turning around and putting her arms around his neck, as she continued to move to the beat.

"All the guys staring at you." He smirked.

"What nobody's is staring at me other then you."

"I can tell you every guy is jealous of me." He said feeling proud "Ok why?" She laughed.

"Because I'm with the most beautiful girl in the room." He smiled. "There staring because you're with the only American in the room." She said before pressing her lips to his neck.

"No that's rubbish. They're staring because you're stunning love."

"You're amazing." She said as she looked into his grey eyes. "You're the amazing one." Sparrow couldn't even wrap her mind around how she was lucky enough to find Dan.

"Do you want to go back to your place?" She whispered in his ear. "Only if you want to." He said staring into her blue eyes. She grabbed his hand and started shoving her way through the crowd.

The second they were in his flat and the door was shut, Dan had her pinned against the wall. He pressed his lips to hers feverishly. He ran his tongue across her bottom lip, causing her to open her mouth instinctively. His tongue fought for dominance with hers as his hands ran up and down her sides. She had her hands knotted in his hair brown hair.

He stared kissing her jaw and moving slowly down her neck. She moaned loudly as he sucked on her collarbone. He played with the hem of her skirt as he continued to kiss her collarbone. She bit her lip fighting trying her hardest not to moan.

"God you're so beautiful." He said against her neck. She shoved him back lightly, causing him to give her a confused look. She seductively smiled at him as pulled her shirt off, and shimmied out of her skirt. As she was stripping he took the liberty of unbuttoning his shirt. The second she was only in her bra and underwear he had her pinned against the wall again.

She ran her hands down his stomach as he kissed her again. She managed to get his belt unbuckled and his skinny jeans unbuttoned pretty easily, and tugged on his pants pulling them down. Dan grabbed her upper thighs and she wrapped her legs around his waist. He walked them over to the bed and laid her down gently. "If were not going to do this we need to stop now, because if we don't I don't know if I can stop." He said hovering over her holding his weight on his hands. "Oh believe me I want to do this." She said before pressing her lips to his.


She answered the door to find a smiling Dan on the other side. "You look beautiful." He said shoving his hands into his pockets. "Thank you." She said as the both walked inside. "I'm sorry if I'm making everything awkward." He said looking at the ground. "Don't worry your not."

"So what do want to do about eating? I really don't know anything around here." He said leaning against the wall. "Alice isn't here, so we could just stay here and order some Chinese food."

"That sounds like fun." The two walked into the kitchen and found the take out menu to Sparrow and Alice's favorite place. "Its going to be about fourty-five minutes to an hour, do you want to hang out in my room?"

"Yeah sound fun." He said leaning against the counter.

The two walked down the hall to bedroom. He smile when walked into her room, at the Christmas lights that were wrapped around her rod iron headboard, light blue walls, and the picture that scattered across her dresser.

"This room definitely screams you." He chuckled. "Thanks." She said sitting on her full size bed, watching him as he looked at her picture on dresser.

"So is this bloke your boyfriend?" He asked holding up a picture of her and Nate. "Yeah. That's Nate." She said giving him a look he couldn't quite figure out.

"How long have you been together?" He asked sitting the picture down, and walked over and sat next to her. "A year ago yesterday." She said sheepishly. "Is he your first boyfriend since... me?" He questioned. "Yeah he is."

"Did you wait for me for a year before you moved on?"

"Yeah I guess I did. Even when I first started dating him I still held on to hope that some how I could be with you again."

"We never really ended did we?"

"No we didn't. That's what made everything so hard."

"I'm sorry I messed everything so much." He said staring into her blue eyes. "It’s not your fault. I was crazy to think we could stay together." She said pushing her red hair behind her ear. "I was crazy then too, because I thought we could do it too."

"Dan if you're on tour shouldn't you be like in the next city right now or on the road?" She asked confused.

"I'm going to be in California for a few months dealing with record labels and stuff."
"Oh that's cool." She said knitting her eyebrows. "Sparrow if you don't want to see me while I'm here I'll leave you alone, but I'm telling you now I want to spend time with you."

"Please don't leave me alone." She almost pleaded.

"Believe me I don't want to."

"So when did you pierce your nose." He asked changing the subject.

"About four months after I got home from England."

"So when things started to go south with us?"

"Yeah." She nervously bit her lip. "At one point was there ever any picture of you and I up there." He said pointing to her dresser.

"Yeah there was. I used to have a bunch of pictures of together up. I took them down about a month into my relationship with Nate, because he said he didn't like looking at pictures of my ex." She said getting off her bed and walking over to the closet, as he sat confused on what she was doing. She grabbed a medium size box from the bottom of her closet and sat it on her bed.

"What's in here?" He asked confused.

"Everything that had to do with us." She bit her bottom lip lightly, and opening up the box.

"Is that my shirt I gave you." He said pulling out a striped long sleeve shirt.

"Yeah you gave it to me after the first time we slept together." She said while pulling out a small stack of pictures.

She laid on his bed with her head resting on his chest, and his arms wrapped around her holding her close. She kept going in and out of sleep.

When she was awake she would listen to his heartbeat as he slept. Everything about right now felt completely perfect to her. She could imagine herself waking up every morning exactly like this and never complaining about it. "Morning love." She heard a raspy voice whisper. "Morning." She said nestling herself into his arms even more.

"What's the time?" He said before kissing the top of his head. "I think eleven, but I'm not sure." She said closing her eyes.

"I would love to lie in bed with you all day, but I have band practice with the lad today. Please don't be mad love."

"I'm not mad." She said sitting up, and pulling the blanket up to cover her naked body. She crawled out of bed grabbing her bra and underwear. She walked across the room and grabbed her skirt off the floor.

"Is it possible I could barrow one of your shirts." She asked as he was grabbing his boxers off the ground. "Of course." He said walking over to his dresser handing her a striped long sleeve shirt.


"I remember taking this picture." Dan said hold up a picture of them. "So do I." She said smiling. "What have you been up to since your summer England?" He asked looking through some more of the pictures.

"I've been going to school, that's about it. What have you been up to?"

"I've been touring a lot, and recording."

"I've noticed that your bands gone far." She said laughing. "Yeah. Is it possible I could have one of these." He said holding up a picture of them. "Yeah of course." She said handing him one, were she was standing in front of him taking a picture and he had his arms wrapped around her holding her close.

Sparrow looked down at her phone to see that she had a text from Nate.

Nate Kenley (mobile)
I miss you baby girl, can I come over tonight?

She rolled her eyes as she read his text. She hoped that Dan didn't catch it. "What was the eye roll for?" He asked knitting his eyebrows.

"Oh it was just Nate asking when he can come over." She said right as somebody rang the door bell. She quickly texted him her and Alice were having girl time. "Do you want me to leave so he can come over?"

"No I don't want you to leave."

"Ok." He smiled at the fact that she wanted to spend time with him.

The two of them walked out to the living quietly. Dan answered the door and paid for the food and took it into the living room where he found Sparrow pulling two beers from the fridge.

"I thought you didn't drink beer?" He said raising his eye brow. "It grew on me." She said walking over to the kitchen table.

"You know you didn't have to pay for dinner. I could have paid."

"I wanted to pay." He said sitting across from her.
"
How do you not had a girlfriend? You have always been such a gentlemen to me."

"I don't know, I guess I haven't wanted another girlfriend, and my mum raised me to be a proper gentlemen."

The night went on and they talked about random things. Through out the night Sparrow kept thinking to herself what if Dan and her were still together. She would be brought out of her thoughts when she would remember she was with Nate, and that Nate made her happy.

She laid in her bed wide awake thinking back to her summer with Dan, and wishing she could relive it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter title and Picture title from : The Dilemma

* As you can see I made it back from Texas alive. I had so much fun it was amazing. I have now seen All Time Low 5 times and The Maine 6 times. I got to see Jordan from Paradise Fears and he freaked out when he saw me and Amanda. It was so cute. I had some much fun.
* On topic personally Dan and Sparrow are my favorite couple I've ever written about. What do you guys think of them?

* Please comment. Don't be a silent reader I love your comments.

* I want to thank the always lovely astheonlybirdsings for commenting.

* would love you forever you checked out my YMAS one shots. Water In My Lungs, This Never Ends, So Just Breathe, Worth The Risk, Every Single Breath, Eight Letters Late. I know I know I write a lot of one shots.