Sequel: Artificial Smile.
Status: Complete.

Shouting Under My Breath.

I'll tell you that you're lovesick

Image

“So how was your night hanging out with Dan and the guys?” Alice asked as Sparrow walked into the house the next morning.

“It was fun.” Sparrow said walking towards the kitchen.

“How hungover are you?” Alice asked while following her.

“I’m not hungover at all.” She said pouring herself a glass of orange juice.

Sparrow already knew that Alice was going to turn this into a game of twenty questions. Usually she would play along no problem to humor her, but right now she didn’t feel like discussing last night. She already felt guilty enough for almost kissing Dan twice. She really didn’t need Alice giving Sparrow her opinion on the matter.

“So what did you do last night?”

“I just hung out and drank with the guys?” She said before taking a drink of her orange juice.

“So did you hook up with Dan?”

“Alice can we cut the twenty question crap, and no I didn’t hook up with Dan?” She caught Alice completely off guard. She stood there with a shocked look on her face not really sure what to say.

Sparrow just rolled her eyes and walked out the kitchen and off towards her bedroom. She just wasn’t in the mood to deal with every thing. She felt bad for snapping at Alice, but she didn’t need Alice making her anymore more then she already was about Dan.

She hated the fact that she fell in love with Dan again. Really who was she kidding she never stopped loving Dan. Everything about the guy made her fall in love with him.

”So this is our second date, and you haven’t even tried to make a move on me.” She said raising her eyebrows as they walked through the park holding hands.

“I’m holding your hand. I’m pretty sure love that counts as a move.” He laughed a little bit.

“Ok fine you’ve made one move. Am I doing something wrong that you haven’t tried to kiss me?” She asked stop abruptly.

“Believe me you haven’t done anything wrong. Did you ever consider the fact that I don’t kiss on the first date?” He asked laughing.

“I highly doubt that you’ve never kissed on the first date.” She said lightly pushing on his chest.

“Ok maybe I have, but I wanted to be respectful of you. I also wanted to make it special.” He said smiling.

“You know you could kiss me now and it would be special.” She said biting her lip.

“See if I kissed you now it would ruin the element of surprise.”

“Are you being serious?” She asked shocked.

“One-hundred percent.” He chuckled. He loved how she looked when she was frustrated.

“No need to worry love I’m going to kiss before the night is over.” He said pushing some of her hair behind her ear.

“That’s if I let you kiss me.” She said smiling before started walking away from him.

“Hey come back here.” He said taking off to catch up to her. Right before he got to her she took her heels off and started running.

“So you want to play tag?”

“Yeah I do.” She laughed as she continued to run from him.

“You can run all you want. I just want you to know I’m going to catch you.”

After she ran from him for about five minutes he finally caught up to her. He had both of his hands on her hips holding her in place. She looked up at him smiling, not really sure what he was going to do.

He smiled down at her before he leaned and lightly pressed his lips to Sparrow’s. It wasn’t long before Sparrow had her arms around Dan’s neck and the two of them deepened the kiss.

Sparrow pulled away with a huge smile on her face. “Was it worth the wait?” Dan asked with a matching smile on his face.

“Yeah it was.”


Sparrow made the decision that she need to escape her life so she got her car keys and decide that she should go see her parents.

When she knocked on the door her mom was pleasantly surprised to see her. “Sparrow.” She yelled pulling her into a hug. She acted like she hadn’t seen her in years. When in all reality she just saw her about two weeks ago.

“Hi mom.” She said plainly.

“Why the long face sweetheart?” Her mom asked as the walked into the living room.

“I’ve just got a lot going on.”

“Is everything ok with Nate?”

“Yeah everything’s fine.” She lied.

Her mom had always been Nate’s number one fan. She had always told Sparrow that he was the best boyfriend she had ever had.

Sparrow had really only had three boyfriends really, and she was in love with all of them at one point. She dated her high school sweetheart Sam from sophomore year to senior year. They broke up because he got accepted to NYU and she decided to go to Cal State Long Beach. They both decided to not even bother with trying a long distance relationship. She eventually fell out of love with him over time. Then she was with Dan during her summer in England. There was something different about their relationship were they both fell fast and hard. The thing was neither of them admitted to each other that they were in love. When in all reality they were both madly in love with each other. Then there was Nate. He was the one that picked up Sparrow’s broken heart and put it back together. They had only been together a year, but Nate thought Sparrow was the one.

“Then what’s wrong sweetheart?” Her mom asked confused.

“Mom remember my summer in England?”

“Yeah how could I forget?”

“Well remember how I dated that guy Dan?”

“Yeah sweetheart the one you fell in love with and told me he was the one. What about him?” She asked readjusting herself on the couch.

“Well he’s in California now and I’ve been hanging out with him a lot, and I feel horrible about it. I feel like I’m cheating on Nate.”

“Well is it innocent. I mean you’re not really cheating on Nate are you?”

“No I’m not we just hang out and stuff.”

“Then you have no need to feel guilty.”

“Thanks mom.”

She would have loved to say her mom’s advice helped, but it didn’t help the fact that she still felt super guilty. It also didn’t help that she was still in love with Dan.

[&]

“How was the ride taking Sparrow home?” Josh asked sitting at the kitchen table, as Dan walked into the flat.

“Filled with sexual tension like every other moment I spend with her.” Dan said tossing his keys on the table.

“What exactly are you intention of hanging out with her mate.” Matt said walking into the room. “What do you mean what are my intentions?” Dan said walking over to the table.

“I mean do you plan on just being her friend or do you plan on stealing her back from that bloke she calls her boyfriend.”

Dan just stayed silent he really wasn’t really sure what to say. He had told himself that it would be wrong to steal her from her boyfriend, but by no means did that mean he didn’t want to steal her.

“I don’t know, it would be wrong for me to take her.”

“Did you kiss her when you took her home?” Josh asked.

“No I didn’t. If we kiss I want it to be on her terms.”

“Then you got to make her want to kiss you.” Matt said raising his eyebrows.

[&]

The next morning Dan woke up to a text from Sparrow asking if she could come over. He responded telling her of course.

About an hour later there was a knock on the front door.

“Hi love.” He said pulling her into a hug.

“Hi Dan.”

“What would you like to do today? All the guys are gone for the day.” He said as the both walked into the living room. “Do you think we could maybe watch a movie or something?” She asked. “Of course. What did you have in mind? We have Netflix on the Xbox.” He asked sitting on the couch.

“Do you think we could watch the Weird Science?” She asked sitting next to him.

“You really like your classic eighties movies don’t you?” He laughed while turning TV and Xbox on, and sat down next to Sparrow again.

They sat apart on the couch for the first thirty minutes of the movie, and before they knew it Sparrow was leaning against Dan, and he had his arm over her should holding her close.

Sparrow looked up and smiled at Dan. Dan felt like he could stare into her blue eyes for and days. They both slowly started moving closer when they jumped apart at the sound of the front door opening. They put a safe distance between them as fast as possible.

“What are you two watching.” Max asked sitting down on the couch next to Sparrow. “Weird Science.” She said biting her lip.

“I love this movie.” Matt laughed sitting on the floor in front of Sparrow. Chris and Josh both looked over at Dan who has a disappointed look on his face.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter title and picture lyrics from Take Your Breath Away.
* The funny thing is I'm watching Weird Science as we speak. I love this movie.
* Their is so much sexual tension between Sparrow and Dan. Poor Nate.
* What do you think about everything that's going on.
* Thank you BUSTANUT
* Please comment and don't be a silent reader.
So I wrote another two one shots I would love you forever if you read them and commented. there called Few Words Are True and You're A Wreck.