Closer to Heaven than You

"My confidence is leaving me on my own."

Synyster walked up and asked,” What’s all this shouting about over here?”

Zacky exclaimed,” She was a Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader for two years.”

Stunned; I asked, “So how does a cheerleader from Dallas go towards Alternative Rock type of music?”

She answered,” I was inspired by Poison and Guns N’ Roses which got me through some tough times. Of course, everyone wanted me to go into country but I was more led to Rock. It was like I was two different people. Girly and peppy for the state cheer competitions then I get home throw on some jeans and black t-shirt and play some rock music. I joined America’s sweethearts and on my off time I would give all my time to Auburn. We even performed at halftime at home games. The Dallas Cowboys were very supportive. Next thing I knew we were signed in 2003 and I kept cheering. 2004 rolled around and they wanted to finish the album and tour. I didn’t even get to cheer in 2004 but I had a guaranteed spot if I wanted. We released some more songs from our upcoming album and they got really high on the billboard charts then we went on another tour then warp.”

Synyster smiled,” Damn, you’ve been busy. Want to show us some moves?”

He winked at her and she laughed,” Nah, I’m good.”

We all laughed at her immediate response. Then Zacky pulled up a picture of her cheering during a NFL game. She had already gotten rid of her dirty blonde hair for all black hair. Jimmy got out of the pool and looked over Zacky’s shoulder at the picture of Jacey two years ago. Jimmy raised his eyebrows at Jacey.

Jacey had got up and was about to walk inside when she stopped and was staring at Zacky. Zacky looked over his shoulder with a confused look. She smiled and stated,” Nice tattoo.”

Zacky looked at the red rose at the top of his right shoulder and then back to Jacey who moved the back of her strap from her shirt to reveal the same rose on her shoulder blade.

Zacky smiled at her and chuckled,” Boom Matt. What have you got now? I think I just met my destined best friend.”
Jacey laughed as she left to get her swim suit on.

~Jacey Rae’s POV~

Being on an NFL cheer team kept me in shape and I loved doing it but I loved singing more. That’s why I left. I sometimes forget that cheer was my past and all I can recall is performing in front of crowds and singing my heart out. Only hardcore cowboy fans or people I’ve told know that I was a part of the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders. I’m more known for Auburn.
I can’t believe having a tattoo in common with Zacky would lead to something but I could definitely tell that we would become good friends.

I stared at my reflection in the bathroom. I wondered how much of that little girl that Matt once knew was still there or how much he could even see. Matt had definitely changed. I remember the young Matt but I saw little resemblance. I heard a light knock on the door and I opened it expecting Matt. But it was Jimmy with friendly smile.

He refrained from looking at my swim suit before looking into my eyes. I asked,” Sorry, am I hogging the bathroom?”

He shook his head,” No I was just coming to check on you.”

I mouthed the word ‘oh’ and he chuckled,” You know I’ve never actually heard you sing. So we’re all probably going to want to hear you sing before you’re on our songs.”

I crossed my arms;” You have a guitar here and ill sing for all of you.”

He asked,” You play guitar?”

I nodded, “any guitar and kind of drums.”

“Kind of drums?” He questioned.

I explained,” I can play drums, I’m just not beast.”

He smiled with a hint of cockiness,” Not beast like me?”

I laughed,” Definitely not.”

He winked,” That’s what I thought.”

I walked past Jimmy and walked outback. I dipped my toe in the pool to see what the temperature was. I heard footsteps running up behind me. Then I felt arms wrap around my waist and whoever had grabbed me and I was now in the freezing pool.

I came up from under water to see Matt smiling next to me like he had just played the best trick on someone. I splashed him with a hand full of water and he picked me up again and tried to throw me into the deeper end of the pool.

I stared at him from the deep end of the pool and he mocked my pouting expression. With a flash I was underwater and I swam underneath his legs making sure to pull down his swim trunks before I walked out of the pool.

All the guys laughed at how I pulled the pants off of Matt. His red cheeks made me smile. When he pulled his pants back up from his ankles he climbed out of the pool. He made his way to me and I could see in his eyes he wanted some revenge. Jimmy chuckled,” you might want to run…”

I let out a playful scream as I took off across the grass towards the side of the house. He took off sprinting behind me. When we got to the side of the house and out of sight he actually caught my arm. I spun around twisted from his grasp and our chests were touching.
He looked down into my eyes and I stared into his greenish yellow eyes. Both of our breathing stopped for a few seconds and I suddenly saw the little kid I had the hugest crush on. I felt the joy as I had when he kissed me for the first time.

I sighed, “Matt.”

He smiled at me and let go of my arm. We still stood in the same position even though we weren’t bound there. He was about to walk away but I grabbed his wrist and asked,” Do you think next week you and I could spend some quality time catching up?”

He raised his eyebrow,” Like alone?”

I tilted my head, “no with the Easter bunny.”

His tongue played with his lip ring and he nodded,” I would love to Ace.”
♠ ♠ ♠
awesome we got more suscribers! So leave a comment and let me know what you like about the story.
Jacey's Bathing suit