Closer to Heaven than You

"Now we can follow you back home, but we won't."

Then we walked back over to the guys. When we got back over to them I saw an acoustic guitar waiting for me. Jimmy pointed at it and declared,” Time to sing Ms. Hudson!”

I grabbed the guitar from Brian’s hands and he said, “Be careful with my baby.”
I laughed and sat down and situated my fingers on the strings.

I explained, “Okay so you guys are the very first people to hear this song. It’s going to be on the next album and it’s called All We Know.”

They Zacky, Johnny, Jimmy, Brian, and Matt all surrounded me waiting to hear my voice. Matt had already heard it but he seemed just as excited.

“We tried so hard to understand, but we can’t. We held the world out in our hands and you ran away. It took some time to let you go and it shows. Cause all we know! Is falling, it falls! Remember, cause’ I know that we won’t forget at all!”

There was a little break where it was just guitar and I took my eyes off the tree in the backyard and moved them to the guys. They were all smiling.

I finished the song and sat there awaiting their judgment. Matt coughed,” Told you guys she could sing.”

Brian smiled,” I want this girl in our songs!”

Zacky shouted, “Fuck Yeah!”

Jimmy ran into the house and was back in a second with a piece of paper. Johnny asked,” What are you doing Jimmy?”

Jimmy replied,” I want to hear Jacey’s voice in the song I wrote.”

So we had a full out jam session to the song A little Piece of Heaven. They all joked around trying to do the evil laughs and screams.

Before I knew it, it was time to go. Matt stood up and said,” Ready to go Ace?”

Zacky shouted,” Wait! I have to tell her something!”

Zacky pulled my arm and whispered in my ear,” We’re hanging out not tomorrow but the next day. Oh and for the hell of it, Matt is nervous as fuck around you.”

I looked to Matt and tried not laugh. Why would he have to be nervous around me? I walked over to matt and waved to everyone and Zacky proclaimed,” meet me at the tattoo shop on Huntington BLVD!”

The ride home was quiet but peaceful. Matt joked,” Vengeance is probably going to try and pay you to get a dumb tattoo.”

I laughed,” who knows but it’s about time to get another tat! Or piercing.”

Matt suggested,” A tongue piercing would be cool or do you already have that done?
I stuck out my tongue to reveal no piercing.

When we arrived at my house I decided to see if what Zacky said was true. I took off my seatbelt and leaned over the console to whisper in matt’s ear. I whispered in a seductive tone,” A tongue piercing would look sexier on you. Oh and by the way, how nervous are you now?”

I could feel him tense and hold his breath. I kept myself from chuckling at his response and got out of the car. I winked,” See you next week Shadows.”

Before he drove off I saw him start to breathe again.

A week later;

Well Matt had been right. Zacky and I had both left the tattoo shop with a new tattoo. We dared each other to get each other’s nickname on each other. So Zacky made me tattoo Vengeance next to the rose and I made him get an Ace of spades on his already tattoo crowded arm.

Today was the day that Matt and I were going to spend some time alone. I sat at the piano I had in my spare bedroom in my cute clothes waiting for the door bell to ring. When the bell did ring I jumped off the seat with excitement.

I flipped my straight hair over my shoulder as I opened the door with a smile. He said,” hey Beautiful.”

Don’t blush. Don’t blush. Okay whatever go ahead and blush. I let him inside the house and showed him around. After his tour we stood in the kitchen catching up. He told me how much of a struggle it was to get the band even noticed but once they were it was great. He said I didn’t miss much of his teenage years besides meeting the guys and getting in trouble. He guaranteed that the guys absolutely loved me and even though they had only met me twice. He laughed as he told me about how jealous Zacky was trying to make everyone about his ‘destined best friend.’

He asked,” Did you two really get tattoos of each other’s nicknames?”

I giggled and replied,” He dared me!”

I lowered my jacket sleeve to reveal the swollen tattoo that read Vengeance in cursive.
He laughed at the fact that I actually followed through with the dare. He wanted to know what he had missed in my life so I told him my life story. I already had a family lined up for me once I got taken away. They were really nice people. They had money and a nice estate in Dallas. Monica and Jason were their names. They were the type of family anyone would have wanted. They’re loving people and wanted you to succeed. When I told them my dream of becoming a singer they did everything in their power to teach me to play instruments and get voice lessons. High school went by fast and I met my band mates in 8th grade and ever since then we jammed. I was head cheerleader on Varsity since 9th grade and then I went to the Dallas Cowboys. I played a lot in my band on the side and we actually got noticed playing during halftime at one of my first games. Now here we are, Playing gigs a lot, having songs hit top of records, and making good money.

He was happy that I had moved to a better life but he wished I would have kept in touch. I tilted my head and said,” I did?”

He shook his head, “No you didn’t. I never got any phone call or letter.”
I placed my hand on my heart and sated,” I swear to god Matt. I wrote you letters.”

We sat there in silence as he tried to remember reading anything from me but he couldn’t.
We moved our conversation the spare room where my piano and acoustic guitar was. He said in awe,” Wow, this is cool. I wouldn’t even guess that you knew how to play piano.”

I sat on the piano seat and began playing a familiar song to Matt.
♠ ♠ ♠
I dont own Avenged Sevenfold or any Paramore songs.
Jacey's hair at her house
Jaceys outfit