Closer to Heaven than You

"I'll never feel alone again with you by my side"

~M. Shadow’s POV~

I sat on the black leather seat she had in her spare room as I noticed that melody that was playing. She was playing the background music to Warmness of the Soul. I watched her intently as she pressed down the keys.

Suddenly I found myself singing,” Your hazel green tint eyes watching every move I make and then that feeling of doubt; it’s erased. I’ll never feel alone again with you by my side. You’re the one. And in you I confine.”

She sang,” And we have gone through good and bad times. But your unconditional love was always on my mind. You’ve been there from the start for me. And your loves always been true as can be. I give my heart to you.”

I finished,” I give my heart cause’ nothing can compare in this world to you...”

She stopped playing the keys and she made a small smile towards me but then looked away. I kept my eyes on her and found myself feeling a feeling I had never felt before, like I had just found a long loss love.

There was a reason I chased her around that damn jungle gym. I sat on the piano seat next to her and asked more; liked stated,” I want to try something.”

I hesitated before I leaned in to kiss her. I wanted to see what it would feel like. I got an inch in front of her face and I ran my tongue over my lip piercing. I inhaled a short breath and I could smell her perfume. It was quite intoxicating. That’s when I stopped being nervous and just went in for a kiss.

She kissed me back with no hesitation like she was also wondering what it would be like to kiss me. The minute my lips touched her naturally pink ones I knew it was over. Boom fucking sparks. No! More like the house was on fire kind of chemistry.

I couldn’t resist locking my hand in her hair. She was leaning into me more and I could tell that we were both enjoying the kiss. She was sure a damn good kisser. I could kiss her all night if I wanted to. As I was breaking on lip lock I nibbled on her bottom lip and when I let go we both kinda smiled shyly at each other.

Then I felt dumb asking,” Did you feel anything?”
She nodded as she stared at me.

I smirked and said,” Good.”

With that I grabbed her by the waist and pulled her into a kiss again.

A couple weeks later I was staring at Jacey Rae in the recording booth with Brian and Zacky. We were watching her record some songs for her new album which wasn’t going to be out for a few more months. We hadn’t exactly showed our affection in front of anyone yet so no one really knew that we were beginning some kind of thing.

Jacey didn’t even know that Brian, Zacky, and I were even at the studio. We with her band mates, Grayson, Connor, Noah, and Aiden. The recording manager paged Jacey and said,” Okay so second take with Emergency.”

She groaned,” I’ve been in here for hours can I get some food!?”

I smiled as her band started to crack up. The Recording manager shook his head,” You know you can’t.”

She growled and waited for the music to start.

“I think we have an emergency!”

She got half way through the song and she hit the wrong note which caused her to scream in anger. It wasn’t just her band who laughed this time. She must have known we were laughing because she stated,” Grayson if you are laughing at me, you’re buying all of us food.”

Grayson went up to the mic and replied,” We all already ate.”

She exclaimed with an exasperated tone,” WHAT!?”

Aiden explained to me,” We like to give her hell when she isn’t in the mood to record. Sometimes we’ll spend days in here writing and recording and she’ll be in the zone but she gets on our asses. So we like to mess with her. It’s like a tradition.”

I nodded and smiled at her squirming around in the recording room. It left a thought in my mind. I wanted to feel her squirming against me. So I decided to play my own game.

I took out my phone and texted her, “Hurry up and get done with recording. I’m out in the parking lot and I want to kiss you so bad.”

I waited a few seconds and then I saw her finish the bridge of the song and look down at her phone. I examined her facial expression as it went to annoyance to excitement.

Her smile on her face told me she had gotten the text. She put a serious look on her face and said,” Let’s do this. I have places to be.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Finally a little romance going on between Shadows and Jacey Rae.!

Jacey's outfit in the recording studio