What About Us?

Eleven.

After watching the two Taken films and eating our body weight in snacks and chinese, everyone was about to drop off asleep. Apart from Joe, who had fallen asleep 20 minutes into the first film, against my shoulder. It was about 10pm, and we were all knackered. "You look comfy." Nick said, sending a smirk in my direction. The lights were back on and we were all tucked up under the blankets, chatting.

"You kidding me?" I replied. "I can't move. I am not comfy in the slightest. I'd be more comfortable if I was lying on a rock bed." I shifted my legs slightly, making Joe fidget in his sleep. We all stopped doing things to watch Joe slowly wake up. "Sorry." I bit my lips as he looked at me, his eyes tired. He shook his head.

"Did I sleep through both films?" He asked, his voice was rough from sleep. He sat up, making the both of us shift.

"Yeah, sorry mate." Kevin said, smirking. "But you looked pretty comfy there." I resisted the urge to flip him off. "So we decided not to wake you."

"Sorry about that." He said, turning to me. I smiled at him, shaking my head.

"The snoring was a little distracting, but I managed to watch the films anyway." He laughed, then yawned straight after. "Do you wanna go home?" I asked him. He nodded his head. I moved my legs so that he could stand up.

"Do you want me to drop you off home or?" I looked over at Nick.

"Gabby is staying with us, so either way is okay." Nick said.

"I'll go home with Nick. Let you go home and get some sleep." I stood up.

"Okay, walk me to the door?" He asked. I nodded my head and he gave both his brothers a hug and kissed both Danielle and Gabby. "See you all later." He said with another yawn. We walked upstairs to the house and Joe grabbed his things. "What are you doing tomorrow?"

"Me, Gabby and Dani are going shopping. How about you?" I asked as we started to walk towards the door.

"I dunno, probably nothing." He replied, pulling the door open and walking outside.

"Sounds productive." I smiled at him. He laughed, nodding his head.

"I might even take a shower, live it up a little bit." We both laughed. "It's like when we were dating again. You walking me out when it's dark out. Your parents asleep."

"Goodnight Joe." I smiled at him. He laughed, pressing a kiss against my forehead. "Text me when you get in, okay?" He nodded his head, walking towards his car. "Night Joseph."

"Night Aleah." He replied, his voice carrying as he walked towards his cars. I waited until I saw him pull out the driveway and then I shut the door, walking back downstairs. They were all talking in hushed voices until I walked in.

"Joe's gone." I said, feeling slightly awkward that I had interrupted their conversation. "Did I interrupt something?"

"We were just talking about you." Danielle said. I threw her a dirty look, before throwing myself onto the spare couch. "Well, we were talking about you and Joe."

"Thanks, Danielle. Aren't you just a wonderful friend?" I replied sarcastically.

"We were just about to discuss your leaving." Danielle informed me. I sighed, crossing my legs.

"What?" Kevin asked, looking between the four of us. "What's going on?"

"Allie is leaving the day after tomorrow." Dani told him. "Because she is getting feelings for Joe again."

"I don't think again was needed." Nick said, looking over at me. "So you are still leaving then?" I rolled my eyes.

"I told you I was. I haven't changed my mind, Nick." He sighed at me, shaking his head. "Don't, just don't."

"Hold on, I'm confused." Kevin said, waving his arms around. "No, seriously, explain." So, with a little help from Nick, Gabby and Danielle, I told the story. Kevin made appropriate noises when needed and when we finished, he looked exhausted by the end of it. "Well, shit." Kevin's words of wisdom.

"My thoughts exactly." I replied, rubbing my forehead. "It's all too much."

"Clearly. But running away isn't going to help." Kevin replied.

"I'm not running away, Kev. I'm just making it easier for both me and Joe." I replied, running my fingers through my hair.

"Please, Al. And would you say that you didn't run away when Joe broke up with you?" I looked over at Kevin, who was staring at me. "Because it seems like that moment all over again."

"The reason I am leaving, Kevin, is because I don't want to see Joe get married to the wrong person." I told him.

"I don't want him to marry the wrong person either, but I have to." We all turned to Kevin who shrugged his shoulders. "Don't pretend that you actually like her. I know that I don't and it's pretty obvious that you lot don't." Nick laughed, nodding his head. "But I'm not going to tell Joe that he is going to marry the wrong person. I'll let him realise that he is making a mistake."

"Well." I replied, not sure what to say.

"C'mon, we all wish it was Allie." Nick said, throwing his hand up at me. "If you leave, he won't see what a mistake he is making. If you stay, there might be a chance he realises and calls it all off."

"A month before the actually day? I don't think so. And I don't want to be the reason that Joe and Rose split up. That's just horrible and not right. If I leave, I don't ruin any relationships and me and Joe can move on." They all stopped talking and nodded their head. "And if Joe wants to make this mistake, then let him."

"I still think you are doing is wrong, Allie." Nick said. "But it's up to you."

"Gee thanks!" I said laughing. My phone vibrated from its place on the table. I lent forwards, grabbing it and reading the text.

From- Joe.
I'm home! Thanks for lending me a shoulder! :') sweet dreams Allie xxx


I smiled, letting out a yawn straight after. It then became contagious. Danielle yawned, the Gabby then Nick. "Come on." He said, standing up, pulling Gabby with him. She walked over to me, grabbing my hands and helping me up. I leant against her arm as Kevin and Danielle stood up.

"Tomorrow. I'll pick you both up at 11." Danielle said, sleepily. We both nodded, gave her a hug before moving onto Kevin. We both held each other up as we walked up the stairs.

"You two are getting along well." Nick said as we got to the front door.

"Shut up, Nicholas." I replied, suppressing a yawn. The three of us walked outside and towards Nick's car, waving to the two of them as we climbed in. I stretched across the backseat, closing my eyes. "Why does watching films in the dark make you so tired?"

"The dark I'm guessing." Nick replied. I could hear the smirk in his voice. I leant forwards, smacking him in the head. "Careful, I'm driving."

"Not very well." Gabby replied. I opened my eyes to give her a high five.

"I don't actually like the fact you two are friends." He muttered, making us laugh. "The both of you are ganging up on me."

"Get used to it babe." Gabby replied, making me laugh harder. I grabbed my phone out of my pocket, deciding to reply to Joe's text.

To- Joe.
We are on our way home too. :")
Goodnight Joseph xxx
 

I put my phone back into my pocket, I shut my eyes, falling asleep slowly. 

Suddenly I was woken up by a hand shaking my shoulder rather violently. "Wake up, turd breath."

"Piss off." I said back to Nick, climbing out of the car. The three of us walked up the path, in a sleepy daze, and we waited for Nick to open the door. We all leant against each other whilst trying to take our shoes off. "We are back." I said, sticking my head around the lounge door. Denise and Paul were watching TV on the couch.

"How was it?" Denise asked, turning her head around to look at the three of us standing in the doorway, looking rather tired.

"Good. Ate too much food, Joe fell asleep 20 minutes in." Nick said. Denise laughed, shaking her head.

"The three of you look like you are about to collapse. Go to bed." Paul told us. We nodded our heads, walking up the stairs at a slow pace. When we got to our separate rooms, it was time to say goodnight. I gave Gabby a hug, before Nick pressed a kiss to my forehead.

"Night guys." I muttered, before walking into my room. I didn't have time to change before I fell into bed and asleep.

* * *

"Wake up. Wake up. Wake up." I felt a stabbing in my back. I groaned, pushing the person away. "Allie, I need to show you something."

"Really? At 8am, you need to show me something." I rolled over to look at Gabby, who crawled onto the bed and sat, with Nick's laptop in her lap. "What's so important?" I sat up next to her, my eyes adjusting to the brightness of the screen.

"This." She thrusted the laptop into my lap. As my eyes adjusted to the screen, I could see what she was talking about. A massive headline suggesting that Joe was cheating on his wife-to-be. And pictures. Pictures of me and Joe all over the Internet. The picture of us on the beach, embracing. The picture of us getting into the taxi, even though I was sure there was no photographers around. And a really grainy photo of him pressing a kiss against my forehead last night at Kevin and Danielle's. "See why I woke you up!"

"Who else has seen it?" I asked her, jumping out of bed. I quickly changed out of my clothes that I wore last night and into my pjs whilst Gabby was occupied with the laptop.

"Nick. But he just rolled over and went back to sleep." I laughed, even though the situation was terrible. It's worse that the press had announced this story, making up lies. But if Rose saw it, I would be worried about Joe. I grabbed my phone from the side where it was charging, gathered Gabby together and walked into Nick's room. He was laid out on his back, mouth wide open.

"Nicholas!" I shouted at him. He jumped up, letting a squeak out of his mouth. "We could use some help." Gabby threw the laptop at him, sitting next to me on the edge of the bed.

"Have you spoken to Joe?" He asked, his voice rough with sleep. He coughed, clearing it. I shook my head.

"Your girl has only just shown me." His eyes looked over the article, which I didn't read. Me and Gabby sat there, waiting for it. "What do I do?" I asked when it got too much.

"Go downstairs and wait. I'm going to talk to dad. See if you can speak to Joe." He pulled a t-shirt on and walked out the room. I looked over at Gabby and we started to walk downstairs. We walked into the kitchen and we both sat down at the table.

"I don't know who is going to be more pissed, Joe or Rose." The both of us laughed. I dialled Joe's number and wasn't surprised to find that he was on the phone. I left him a quick message. "Joe, when you get this, ring me." And with that, I threw my phone onto the table.

"So what do you think Paul is going to say?" Gabby asked me. I got up from the table and walked over to the fridge.

"Juice?" She nodded her head and I grabbed two glasses, pouring it out. "Probably just the usual, give a statement saying nothing has happened blah blah blah." I gave her a glass, sitting next to her. "It's the usual yabber they give. I'm not worried about what they are going to say, I've been there before. You're the only one who knows the truth."

"I guess. That's what I'm worried about really with Nick. The press just assuming everything." She took a sip of her drink.

"Only you know the truth. You have to brush it off and not take it to heart, it's the only way to survive." I told her. Just as she was about to reply, Paul, Denise and Nick walked into the kitchen, with the laptop in tow.

"Have you spoken to Joe?" Paul asked me as he walked around the kitchen, turning the coffee machine on.

"I've rung him, but he was on the phone. I left him a message." I told them. Denise and Nick sat at the table with us, the laptop in front of them.

"Now, only a few websites have this article, or other forms of it, so it will be easy to take down. So we will make up a statement saying something along the lines of friendship and distance." I nodded my head at what Paul was saying, going through the whole procedure before.

"What was your plans for today? Because I think it would be a good idea to stay out of the way." Denise said to me.

"Me, Gabby and Dani were planning on going shopping." I told her.

"That seems relatively okay. I mean, people may recognise Danielle, but its unlikely, especially in a busy place." Denise replied. Suddenly my phone started to ring. I picked it up, reading Joe's name.

"Hello." I said, after I answered it.

"Yes, I've seen it before you ask. I've been awake since 6am." He sounded like he was running around. He was out of breath.

"Yeah." I replied, mouthing to Denise that he has seen it. "What are we going to do?"

"I'm guessing you've told mum and dad?" He said. Suddenly there was a slam. I assumed he was leaving the house.

"Yeah, they've looked over them all. They say they are going to make a statement up. Something like that." I told him.

"Arse-holes." He seethed down the phone. "Sorry, not you. They have camped outside my house."

"They are outside his house." I told Denise. She panicked and held her hand out for the phone. "Your mum wants a word." I gave Denise the phone and sat back.

"They are actually outside his house?" Gabby sounded shocked. I nodded my head.

"It something that happened when a massive story comes out. To be honest, I'm thinking more about the backlash from Rose, not anyone else. Af if it hasn't been awkward enough." I told her.

"Joe is on his way now. We can talk about it then." Denise said, handing me my phone back. I saw that Joe was still on the phone so I held it up to my ear.

"I'm going to need to talk to you in a bit, okay?"

"Sure." I replied, slightly sceptical. "Bye." And with that, I hung up the phone. I tossed it onto the table, sitting back and enjoying my juice. I wasn't that bothered about the press, they can spin it in any direction they wanted, but we know the truth.

"What did Joe want?" Denise asked as Paul gave her a mug of coffee. I shrugged my shoulders, drinking my juice.

"Just to tell me that he will be here soon." I replied, smiling at her. I knew that if Joe wanted everyone to know, he would have told Denise to tell me. "I'm going to have some toast if anyone wants some." Gabby and Nick said yes, whilst the other said no. I popped two slices down and waited.

"What's the worse story you've read about you when you were with Joe, Allie?" Gabby asked, sitting back in her chair. I leant against the counter, thinking.

"I was with Joe for 3 years really. We started going out when we were 17. I heard all sorts about our relationship. Him cheating on me, me cheating on him. One minute we were together, the next we weren't. It all got rather stupid." I told her. She nodded her head and asked the same question to Nick (minus the Joe part).

"I seem to be dating someone new every week. And some people I've never met before." He admitted. "There has been a few fake hospitalisations and a death, they get boring after a while."

"Ah, the famous death situation." I laughed, remembering it. "You got in such a panic, Nick. It was hilarious."

"What about you huh?" He said, looking at me. "When you were spotted in the baby section and everyone thought you were pregnant."

"I was looking for a present for my cousin, she had just had a baby!" I stuck up for myself. "Anyway, my mum had the best reaction from any of us with that one! I thought she was on the verge of passing out because she got so hysterical." We all laughed.

"Well, I thought your dad was going to kill Joe." Denise said, putting her input in. "It took about 5 minutes to stop him yelling at Joe for you to explain the story."

"So yeah, the press aren't very nice." I said, putting jam on the toast that popped out. I gave it to Nick and put some more in. "But most of them say good things about the boys."

"Some of them." Nick mumbled with a mouthful of food. All of our heads shot up when we heard the front door open and Joe stormed into the kitchen, sitting in the seat I had been in.

"Alright Joe?" I offered when nobody spoke to him. He looked up at me and his eyes became softer.

"They get on my nerves. There was at least 20 outside my house, just shouting at me. I lost them when I started to drive. But they were there, shouting such rude things." He said, looking at me all the time. I nodded my head, sending him a soft smile. "Have we got a plan?" He asked his dad.

"I've already written a statement up, from us. But I need to ask you a question, the both of you." Paul looked over his shoulder at me. "Nothing is going on, is there?" I glanced over at Joe, and I knew in the few seconds that me and Joe shared eye contact, everyone was waiting for an answer.

"No." I replied, not taking my eyes off Joe. I saw his face fall once more. "Nothing."

"Okay, I trust you both." Paul replied. "Do you wanna read over it?" Joe looked over at me.

"I trust you. If you want to read it, that's fine." I replied, shrugging. Joe nodded his head, grabbing the laptop off Paul. I sorted out a slice of toast for me and one for Gabby. I sat next to Denise, who patted my arm in a comforting way. I smiled at her.

"It seems fine." Joe said, giving the laptop back to Paul who walked out of the room with it. "Just the usual. Two good friends who haven't seen each other in ages. They are playing that card."

"Why? Should they be playing another card?" Denise asked, her eyebrows narrowing. We both shook our heads and she looked at us, suspiciously. "Right, I'm going to have a word with your dad." And with that, she walked out of the room. I let out a breath of air, leaning back in my chair. I took a bite of my toast as it was awkward with the four of us sitting in the kitchen. I gave Gabby a pointed look.

"Come on Nick. Let's go..." Gabby said, her voice trailing off when she couldn't think of anything to say. "Wash your hair." And with that, she grabbed his hand, dragging him out of the room. I looked over at Joe and moved, so I was sitting next to me.

"It's 8:30am and it's all kicked off. I feel like I could go back to bed for hours." I said, making Joe laugh. He leant back on his chair, sighing.

"I really didn't need this kicking off a month before the wedding." He rubbed his hand across his face.

"Sorry." I mumbled, looking over at him. He looked back at me and shook his head.

"It isn't your fault, Allie." He wrapped his arm around my shoulder, pulling me back so my back was against his chest. I was half sitting on my chair, half sitting on his. "Oh god, if I could explain it all to you, Allie. All of it, everything would be so much easier. You'd understand, I'd understand." Everything he was saying, he was whispering in my ear.

"Start talking Joe. It might help." I said, turning slightly in my chair to look at him. His eyes flickered across my face, taking a breath in.

"Okay, Allie. The thing is since I proposed to Rose, things have been different-" Suddenly his phone rang, making the both of us jump. He grabbed it from the table, looking at who it was. "It's Rose." I pulled away from him as he answered it. "Rose--wait calm down!" He almost shouted, getting up from his chair to walk around the kitchen. "Why are you yelling at me? Calm down!...Seriously, did you just ask me that, Rose? Don't be stupid." Joe stopped talking for a bit but I could hear the shouting voice of Rose on the other end of the phone. "I can't believe you just said that, Rose. How dare you? Are you actually looking for a fight or what? You know that they make up shit just to sound better. And you are actually listening to them. I can't believe you! Right, I can't do this now, I've got other things on my mind." I gave Joe a sorry smile before walking out of the room. I ran upstairs, feeling awful.

"Allie!" Nick jumped out at me. I let out a scream, clutching my heart from the scare.

"Jesus, Nick. Where did you come from?"

"Well, when a mummy and daddy love each other-" I smacked him in the arm.

"Shut up before I leave a mark." I said, dragging him into his room. I could hear the shower going down the hall, so I assumed that was Gabby. "What do you want?" I asked, leaning against his desk while he sat on his bed.

"Are you still leaving tomorrow?" He asked. I nodded my head. "Seriously, after what has happened today? You're just going to go?" 

"You can ask me a million times to stay Nick, but I won't. Anyway, this will all blow over by tomorrow." I waved my hand around. 

"Really? Is that what you think? You know this story is going to be around for a while, Al. It happens with all of us. I couldn't tell you how many times I've been seen out with Miley." I rolled my eyes at Nick.

"It's different with you and Miley, Nick. You are both famous. Once I'm out of the picture, the story will be forgotten. It's fine." I walked over to him and wrapped my arms around his neck. "Once I've gone, everything will go back to normal."

"Think about Joe. He is going to be devastated that you are leaving." Nick replied.

"That's who I am thinking of Nick. It's why I'm going home tomorrow." I let him go and smiled at him. "It's for the best." I walked out of his room to see Joe walking up the stairs. I smiled at him.

"I'm heading home. I've got some things to sort out." He said, not looking at me. I nodded my head, confused.

"Okay, I'll see you soon yeah?"

"Sure." He replied, turning around and walking into Nick's room. I rolled my eyes before walking into my room. I grabbed my clothes that I was planning on wearing today and jumped in the shower. 

* * *

After I had got in the shower, dried my hair and got ready, it was 10:45am. I had thrown a few of my clothes into my suitcase, getting ready to leave tomorrow. I grabbed my bag, throwing my phone and purse into it. I ran out of the room and downstairs, bursting into the lounge. I saw Nick and Gabby cuddled up on one of the couches. I smiled at the both of them, sitting on the couch opposite them.

"What are you girls doing today then?" Nick asked, stretching.

"Probably spend some money that shouldn't be spent." I replied, shrugging my shoulders. I fished through my bag to pull out a pair of sunglasses which I placed on top of my head. "What about you?"

"Probably just lay low. I haven't got that much to do really. Maybe do some writing." He covered his mouth, yawning. "Maybe go back to bed. I got woke up by some annoying girls."

"Be nice to me." Gabby pouted. "I'm your girlfriend." Nick laughed, pressing a kiss against her cheekbone. I smiled at the both of them, before shifting slightly.

"And I'm your best friend, so you have to be lovely to me otherwise I'll tell some embarrassing stories about you." I winked at him. Gabby's mouth dropped open as I stood up.

"Oh, you can't leave this conversation like that. Allie, come back." She said as I walked out of the lounge. I walked into the kitchen to see Denise and Paul in a deep discussion.

"Sorry, I'll come back in a bit." I said, going to turn back out of the room.

"It's fine sweetie." Denise said, smiling. I turned back into the room, moving over to the fridge and grabbing a bottle of water.

"I'll be leaving tomorrow." I thought there was no better time than this to let them know. "My mum is sorting out the plane ticket today." 

"Really?" Paul said as I turned around to face them both. "So soon?"

"Yeah, I've got a couple of things to do at home so I have to go." I told them, lying through my teeth. I didn't feel up to explaining the reason I have to go is I can't watch their son marry someone else.

"Oh dear." Denise said, looking sadly at me. "Will you be back for the wedding?" She asked.

"Mum, dad are coming so." I replied. I didn't know if I was going to come, I hadn't made my mind up yet. "But I'm trying to get a later flight tomorrow so I can spend time with you."

"Well, we are sad to see you go." I nodded my head, smiling at the both of them. "Do the boys know?"

"Nick and Kevin do." I replied. They both gave me a knowing look. "I was going to tell Joe earlier but he got a phone call of Rose. So I'm thinking I'll tell him tonight." They both stated at me. "I promise I will."

"Okay." Denise smiled at me. We all heard the front door open and Danielle and Kevin appeared in the kitchen. "Hello darlings." She said, pressing a kiss on each of their cheeks.

"Ready?" Danielle asked, turning to me. I nodded my head, following her into the lounge. I picked up my bag and poked at Gabby.

"Leave the poor boy alone and come with us." She laughed and climbed off the couch, pressing a kiss to Nick's lips as she did. "See you later." I yelled as we walked out the front door. We all climbed into Danielle's car. I jumped into the passenger seat whilst Gabby climbed in behind Danielle. "How is Kevin meant to get home?"

"If he wants to, Nick can take home. But I think he is going to stay here." She said, backing out of the drive. I nodded my head. "So what happened today then?" Me and Gabby both laughed.

"Oh you know, we woke up and took things easy." I replied. "It all kicked off, didn't it? Someone woke me up at the early hours in the morning and showed me. It then went from there." I told her.

"What did Paul say?" Danielle asked me.

"The usual. Let's release a statement, I left it to Joe to read so I'm not 100% of what it says. I left it in their hands, I trust them."

"This trip couldn't get any worse for you, could it?" Gabby laughed from the backseats. I stuck my middle finger up at her, making us all laugh. 

"Rose rang Joe earlier, when you went to wash Nick's hair." I told Gabby and sort of Danielle, who was listening in. "They got into a massive row about it, he was calling her stupid for believing what the press said. It all kicked off between them. So I just left them to it."

"She believed what they were saying?" Gabby asked from the back seat.

"Apparently, I didn't stay for the rest of it. I went and spoke to Nick." I replied, biting my nails.

"Why didn't you stay?" Danielle said, smacking my arm. "You could have found out some juicy gossip." I laughed at her.

"To be honest, I didn't want to hear them screaming at each other." I shrugged my shoulders.

"It was that bad?" Danielle asked.

"I think Joe would have flipped the table over if he wanted to. He was swearing and everything. It was horrible." I told them.

"Shit man." Gabby said. I nodded my head, sighing. "What do you think is going to happen?"

"I dunno." I replied. "It could just blow over and they will be fine, but I think there will be a massive argument between them before it does. I couldn't stand being in the same room. I could have snatched the phone out of Joe's hand, she was so rude to him."

"Wouldn't you? There has been a story on the Internet saying that your husband to be could be cheating on you. I'd probably feel the same way she did if it was with Kevin." Danielle tried.

"No, you wouldn't. Because you trust Kevin, you knew he wouldn't do anything like that to you. Like Joe wouldn't." I replied.

"Like Joe wouldn't? Dude, you were sleeping together like 2 nights ago." I make a noise of protest. "Okay, sharing a bed, but you nearly slept with each other."

"How would you feel if your boyfriends ex-girlfriend of 3 years just showed up on your door one day? And suddenly your boyfriend was like a love sick puppy over her. You'd be pissed." The way Danielle said it made me think about Rose and Joe, together as a couple.

"This is why I'm leaving tomorrow." I muttered, looking out of the window, watching the cars go past. "Joe isn't love sick." I protested, turning to look at Danielle, who was smirking. "This conversation is making me feel sick. Change of topics please?"

"What should I buy Nick for his birthday?" Gabby pondered.

"You know it's only the middle of July, his birthday isn't for another like 2 months." I turned to look at her.

"Well, seeing as your his best friend, I thought you could help me. And seeing as you're leaving tomorrow, I panicked and thought that I should get it now, so I don't buy him a foam football for his 21st." I burst into laughter.

"Weirdly enough, he would like that." Danielle said, making us all laugh. "So what was you thinking of getting him?"

"I'm not sure. I mean, it's his 21st, so I want to buy him something meaningful.  But we have only been dating 3 months. so it seems a little weird buying him something major."

"Was you thinking of buying him a house?" I laughed. "That's major. Why not go for like a watch or something?" 

"I was thinking about that, but he has so many watches."

"I'm going to throw all of his away and then he will have one special one from you." Danielle said. "And then buy him one of his flowery shirts he likes so much." The three of us laughed. "Okay, we are here."

"Pick a space, any space." I muttered as Danielle threw the car around the car park, choosing the spot the furthest away. "Park a little closer next time." I slammed the car door, making a point.

"Shut up, Allie." She replied, locking the car and nudging me. We all walked towards the shops, keeping an eye out for people. 

"I might as well get Nick's present while I'm here. And probably something for Joe, seeing as it is in like a month." I said, looking at the shop windows. "I can get Kevin's when I get home. His isn't till November."

"Where first? Do we shop for the boys, or us first?" Gabby asked, smirking at the both of us.

"We better get the boys stuff first, otherwise if we do our stuff first, we will run out of steam by the time we get to buy their stuff." Danielle said. We both made a noise of agreement. "Anyway, we can get them out of the way first to spend more money on us." We both gave her a high five before walking into a jewellery shop. Danielle walked off, looking at the women's jewellery whilst me and Gabby went and looked at the watches.

"Hello." Someone approached us. We both looked up to see a lady who we both smiled at. "Can I help?"

"Hi." Gabby said. "I'm looking at buying my boyfriend a new watch and was wondering which ones would you suggest."

"How much are you looking to spend?" The women, whose name was Sally, asked.

"About 2 thousand?" My mouth dropped open. Sally wandered off, leaving me and Gabby.

"Even I don't like Nick that much." I said, which made Gabby laugh. "Without sounding rude, how do you have that much money to spend on an idiot?"

"Well, my mum and dad had a horrible divorce and my dad left. He felt terrible around it and makes me try and forgive him by matching how much  I earn and putting it into my account." She said, as if it was nothing.

"Shit man." I replied.

"Don't worry. I'm used to it, he has been trying to buy me off since I was 8. Our relationship is a lot better now, but he still gives me money." She informed me. Sally came back, with a 10 watches. The both of us looked at them.

"They are too big." I pointed out 2 of them. Sally put them to one side. "And he has one similar to those 3." They went to the side as well.

"He wouldn't like the white ones." And them two joined the pile. "Now we have to pick out of these 3." Gabby said. "And he will want one that tells him the date, because he has a useless memory." Now, we got down to 2. "Which one do you like better, Allie?"

"That one." I pointed to the silver Omega one. Gabby twisted her lips and nodded her head.

"Yeah, I like that one too. Let's ask Dani." Gabby waved her over and Danielle agreed with us. "I'd like to buy this one please?" And with that, Sally disappeared, grabbing the boxes and cashing up. I looked around the cases of men's jewellery and a small silver and black bracelet caught my eye. I walked over to it, peering.

"Can I help you?" A man appeared from nowhere, making me jump. "Sorry."

"It's okay. How much is that bracelet?" I asked, pointing at it.

"$300, ma'am." He replied. I nodded my head.

"Could I buy it please?" I followed the man back to the cashier, handing over my card. He handed it to me, all in a box once I had paid for it. I slipped it into my handbag and walked over to Gabby and Danielle, who had finished. "That's Joe done." I said as we walked out of the shop.

"I'm going to get Nick some other stuff as well. What did you buy Joe?" Gabby asked as we walked past the shops.

"Ah, it's a secret." I replied, winking at them. They both laughed. "How about this one?" I said, pointing at a men's shop with a name I couldn't pronounce even if I tried. We walked in and spilt up.

"How about this for Nick?" Danielle called over the shop, holding a bright, flowery shirt up. We both burst onto laughter, shaking our heads. We carried on looking. I picked up a bag that I knew Nick would like.

"How about this? For Nick?" I asked Danielle.

"He'd like that. Seriously like it." I smiled at her before going to pay for it. I paid for Nick's present before joining Gabby and Dani looking at the shirts. "So have you told Joe you are leaving?" Danielle asked, not even looking at me. I sighed, running a hand through my hair.

"Not yet. I'm going to see him later and tell him then." I told them, looking at the shirts.

"How do you think he is going to react? Good?"

"Are you trying to be funny? You know he is going to try and stop me, Dani. Like you two have and Nick has and Kevin." I turned to face them. "Anyway, he will just have to accept it."

"What excuse are you going to use? Because I know you won't tell him that it's because you love him all of sudden." Danielle said. I wanted to punch her in the arm, but I didn't want to make a scene.

"I don't know, I haven't thought about it yet." I crossed my arms in defeat. "I'll just make it up on the spot."

"Good luck." Gabby mumbled from where she was looking at shoes. "I agree with what Kevin said last night about running away. I bet if you told Joe you loved him and all that, things might change." She looked over at me with a sad smile. "I know it's what you have been hearing for days now, but it's what we think., Al."

"You've been spending too much time with Nick." I smiled at her. Danielle held a purple shirt up, smiling at Gabby. "That is very Nick." I said to her. She nodded her head, grabbing it and paying. As she walked over to us, I stopped her. "No more talk about me and Joe or me leaving okay?" They both nodded. "It's girl shopping time."

* * *

"So I brought Nick a watch and a shirt and then went and spent the rest of the money I was going to spend on him, on me." The three of us laughed at Gabby. "So I think I will buy the rest later on."

"I think he would appreciate them jeans on you." I winked at her. She turned a dark shade of red, and nudged my elbow, nearly making my Starbucks go everywhere. "Hey!" I moaned, throwing all the bags into the boot. I climbed into the passenger side of the car and Gabby climbed in behind Dani. "Why didn't you sit behind me? Why do you always sit behind the driver?" I asked her.

"Because when my brother was born, his car seat was the other side of the car so I had to sit this side."

"I didn't know you had a brother." I said as Danielle started to pull out the car park.

"Well, he is my half brother. He is 9 now and a colossal pain in the backside." I laughed, knowing what it was like to have a younger brother. "You have a younger brother, right?"

"Zack. He has just started college so I know what it's like to have a younger brother." I said.

"Don't leave me out! I have a younger brother too!" Danielle cried as we stopped at traffic lights.

"Yeah, but I know Michael, and he is lovely!" I replied, smiling at her.

"Yeah but I've met Zack and he is lovely. We both has distorted views on our brothers." She replied, moving away from the traffic lights, which were now green. I laughed, turning to stare out the window. I barely had enough time to shout Danielle before we collied with the car coming towards us.
♠ ♠ ♠
I probably have 2/3 chapters left of this story :(
but no fear, there will be a sequel!!!!

So I need your help on choosing a name for it.
please comment for either First Time or Love Is On Its Way.

It is seriously important that you comment to let me know, and when I've chosen, there might be a sneak peak into the sequel in the next chapter.

But y'know, that's only if you help me pick a title! ;)

love always, livvy.