What About Us?

Four.

I decided, for my own good, to retire to bed after Joe had gone back to his family. I used the excuse that I was tired from travelling all day and all I wanted to do is sleep it off. I said my goodnights, avoiding both Joe and Rose’s eyes. I hadn’t even been here for 4 hours yet and I was already causing trouble. I felt terrible. There was a reason me and Joe broke up and it had to be that way. He now had Rose and they were going to get married in 4 months. Nothing I, or anyone else felt was going to change that. The way that he looked at her, showed me that he was going to be with her forever.

As I slipped into my pyjamas, there was a knock on the door. “Hello?” I questioned them, hoping it wasn’t Joe, or even his fiancé. I walked over to the door and pulled it open. Stood there was Nick, who looked rather smug. I crossed my arms and let him in. He went and sat on my bed as I stared at him. “Can I help you?” I asked. He shrugged his shoulders before lying backwards. I was so tempted to make a running jump onto him but I held my ground.

“I heard you screaming earlier.” He didn’t look at me, but I knew that he was being smug for a reason. “Screaming Joe’s name.” I rolled my eyes before sauntering over to him. I sat down next to him before sighing. He laughed, before turning his head towards me. “I think everyone heard. You’ve got some lungs on you.” I smacked Nick in the chest before calling his most of the names under the sun.

“Why didn’t you come up and stop us?” I whined, lying down next to him. He laughed softly before shaking his head.

“I would have. But I didn’t realize when Joe was coming up here after you, that you would be dry humping him!” I turned to Nick, while he grinned at me. “I’m kidding. What happened?” I shrugged my shoulder, feeling a bit like an idiot. “C’mon.” He nudged me with his elbow.

“Nothing really. He told me he missed me. I wouldn’t say it back so he decked me against the bed and started to tickle me. If I didn’t say I missed him then he would keep tickling me. So I told him.” Nick was staring at me, while I stared at the ceiling, explaining what had happened only 30 minutes ago. “Then he told me I’m different.” I felt myself wanting to stop there but the way Nick was staring at me, I had to tell him. “So then I asked him if I changed, for obvious reasons.” Nick nodded his head, wanting me to carry on. “He said no. Then he proceeded to tell me that I never changed. That I would always be his ‘little girl’.” I took a shaking breath before closing my eyes. I felt Nick’s hand wrapping around mine and I shook my head, wanting to be alone.

“Allie. You can’t deny it.” I rolled over to look at him, confused. “You and Joe. You’ll always have something. You were each other’s first love and you don’t forget them.” I pushed Nick, not wanting to hear anymore. I think that I may have pushed him a little too hard as he went tumbling to the floor. I shuffled over to the edge of the bed, looking down at Nick, who was holding onto his head. “You could have told me to shut up, not break my head.” He sat up, not looking overly impressed with me. I grinned at him before handing my hand out to Nick. He sighed, pulling me down with him, the oldest trick in the book, which had fallen for. I groaned as I lied against Nick’s chest while he laughed to himself.

“That hurt.” I mumbled, while Nick couldn’t control his laughter. “I’ve broken something.” I rubbed my elbow while Nick swung his legs over mine.

“No. I broke something. Your fall.” He pouted at me, as I smiled. Suddenly there was a knock at the door and in walked Joe. It may have been slightly awkward as I was half lying on Nick in shorts and a tank top, while Nick’s shirt was all ruffled from the fall.

“Oh.” Joe said, staring at us. I looked at Nick, who seemed to be holding back a smile. “I thought you were going to sleep but it looks like you had other plans.” Joe rocked on his heels, making things feel a little awkward between us. “We are going now. See ya.” Joe walked out of the room, making me and Nick share a look. I slipped away from Nick before he dashed downstairs. I sighed, before finally climbing into my bed.

* * *

I laid awake, staring at the ceiling. I felt stupid, after everything that had happened with Joe, Nick. Even though nothing was actually happened, the look that Joe had given me when he saw me and Nick. I didn’t know why he cared; I didn’t know why I cared. “Aleah.” I heard a soft tapping at my door. I rolled over to look at the time, seeing it was 8:40 already. I ran my hand over my face before climbing out of bed. My feet were cushioned on the carpeted floor; it brought a smile to my face. I walked over to the door, pulling the handle towards me. Denise stood there, looking beautiful even though she’d just woken up. “10 minutes till breakfast sweetie.” I nodded my head before she walked away. I shut the door, before walking over to the window. I pushed it open, debating on the weather. It felt rather hot outside, so I decided on a pair of shorts, a plain t-shirt and just in case, I threw on a red plaid shirt on over the top. Pulling on a pair of socks, I brushed my hair and tied it up as quickly as possible. I wandered downstairs, hearing the noise of the family. I slid along the hallway into the kitchen, smiling at Denise and Kevin who were chatting away. “Hello sweetie.” Denise pressed his lips against my cheek, before Kevin copied her.

“How lucky I am?” I winked, making Denise and Kevin laugh. “Getting smothered by most of the Jonas’s.”

“So, Rose didn’t look very happy with Joe when they left yesterday.” Kevin rocked on his heels, making me look at him confused. “What happened between you two upstairs yesterday?” I rolled my eyes, before jumping onto the counter.

“Nothing really.” I shrugged my shoulders, taking a bite out of an apple that I had taken out of the bowl. “She just caught us talking, that’s all.” Both Denise and Kevin gave me the same look. A look I’ve had plenty of times of both of them and many more. “I say talking.” I complained, making me gain their attention. “He was lying on top of me?” I offered. Suddenly, their mouths dropped open. “Surprise?”

“My brother is a man whore.” Kevin shook his head before handing me a coffee. I grinned, taking it from him and having a long sip.

“What are we doing today?” I asked, taking another bite out of my apple. Denise shrugged her shoulders.

“It’s lovely outside. How about the beach?” I smiled at her, getting slightly excited. I haven’t had time to even go on the beach in forever and I needed a slight tan.

“That actually sounds amazing.”

“Do you want to go and wake Nick up?” I grinned, before bouncing up the stairs. I ran into Nick’s room, not even bothering to knock. He was lying on his stomach, only in his boxers; his hair a complete mess. I laughed, walking over to him and sat on his bed. I ran his hand over his back, feeling the warmth coming him.

“Nick.” I rubbed my hand across his back. I got a soft groan from him, making me roll my eyes. “Nick.” I said, doing it again. He turned his head away from me, making me sigh. “Nicholas. If you don’t wake up now, I’ll have to bring in Frankie.” I waited a few seconds, before climbing off the bed.

“Okay, okay. I’m awake.” He mumbled, sitting up. I smiled at him, before pulling the door open to leave.

“5 minutes till breakfast sweetie.” I winked at him, before leaving and shutting the door. I wandered downstairs and back into the kitchen, smiling at Danielle. “Hey.” I said, kissing her cheek.

“Kevin just told me.” She said, straight out. I looked over at Kevin, who was just grinning at me. I rolled my eyes. “That must have been an awkward sight.”

“We were talking to each other, that’s all. He was tickling me and fell on top of me. She walked in.” I shrugged my shoulders, picking up my coffee that I’d left behind. “Yeah it was kinda awkward.” I laughed as Nick walked in, his hair all over his face. I laughed as he stumbled towards me, taking away my coffee. “Hey!” I moaned as he drank it all.

“You woke me up at 9am. You deserve it.” He mumbled, before handing back the empty cup. I rolled my eyes, putting it into the sink beside me. “What are we doing today?” Nick asked, leaning his head against my shoulder. I clapped my hands together, making Nick jump.

“We’re going to the beach!” I cheered, making Nick roll his eyes. I leant my head against his, before Kevin and Danielle smiled at us.

“I’ve just spoken to Joe.” Paul said as he walked into the room, holding his phone in his hand. We all looked up at him, even Nick who looked like he was about to fall asleep. “He is dropping Rose at the airport at 10, and then is coming straight here and we can all go down to the beach.”

“Why is Rose going to the airport?” I asked, looking around at the Jonas’s.

“She’s visiting family for the next couple of weeks.” Danielle told me. I looked at her, narrowing my eyebrows. “It’s going to be the last time she sees them before the wedding.” I nodded my head, understanding.

“Okay.” Denise walked into the room, looking at us all. “Breakfast is ready.” Then there was a mad rush into the dining room.

* * *

I leant back on my chair after deciding that I had eaten way too much of Denise’s breakfast. “Why has she got to be so good at cooking?” I asked, my voice becoming a whiny sound. Me and Danielle were slumped against each other, sighing heavily. “I could have eaten more if my stomach had been bigger.” Danielle laughed from the seat next to me.

“I didn’t think two girls could each so much.” Kevin said, staring at the both of us. I winked at him, before picking up my orange juice, taking a long sip.

“Joe’s in his way here. Get your stuff together.” Denise clapped her hands together. I groaned, not wanting to face Joe this morning. After everything that had happened yesterday, I wasn’t up to it. “Move.” Denise pushed me off my chair, making me drag myself upstairs. I walked into the bedroom I was in, pulling a silver bikini out of the draw and decided that I was going to wear the shorts and t-shirt I was wearing. I walked into the bathroom, having a wash, brushed my teeth and changing into my bikini and clothes. I undone my hair, letting it flow past my shoulders. I took my socks off, and sliding on a pair of sandals. I smiled and grabbed my phone, dialling my mother’s number. I held it against my ear while packing my things such as sunglasses and iPod.

“Hey sweetie.” My mum answered, her voice bring a smile to my face.

“Hey momma.” I rushed around my room as I heard the front door slam, knowing it was Joe. “Just thought I’d let you know that I’m in New York.” I bit my lip as I waited for a reply.

“Why are you there?” She asked, hesitantly. I threw my copy of Dear John into the beach bag that I had held.

“Joe.” I muttered, before sitting onto my bed. My family were always a big fan of Joe, not matter what. They thought we were ‘good’ together and that when we broke up, it had destroyed the both of us. Which was something my mother and Denise chatted about all the time. “He asked me to come.”

“Oh darling.” She cooed, making me want to roll my eyes. “How is everyone?” She asked me.

“Yeah, they are great.” I said, grabbing my bag and walking downstairs. I saw Denise and Joe talking in the lounge, giving them a wave. “You’ll see them soon, yeah?” I asked, walking into the lounge, dumping my bag onto the table.

“Of course.” My mum replied, making me smile. “Tell Joe that we are coming, all 4 of us.” I nodded my head and sitting down on the couch. I pulled my top down a little, noticing that my stomach had been showing. “When are you coming back?”

“Soon.” I replied, watching Denise walk out of the room, leaving me and Joe alone.

“Okay babe.” I smiled, resting my head against the back of the couch. “I’ll see you soon.”

“Bye mum.” I replied, hanging up. I threw my phone against my leg before looking over at Joe, who was stood awkwardly against the wall. “Hey.”

“Hey.” He replied, sending me a soft smile. I stood up, walking over to my bag, putting my phone into my bag. “How’d you sleep?” I narrowed my eyes at Joe, who looked confused. “What?”

“Are you really asking me about how I slept?” Our eyes connected, seeing the glint in his eyes that I had missed so much. “C’mon Joe.”

“Okay okay!” He walked over to me, laughing softly as he sat down.

“So…” I rubbed my hands together. “Is Rose annoyed at you?” I asked, not looking at Joe.

“Yes.” He said, blatantly, making me keep my head down. “The whole point of coming around yesterday was to talk about the wedding. Then I saw you, and forgot it all. And then she walked in on us.”

“I hope she knows that nothing was happening.” I said, before looking up at Joe. He shrugged his shoulders, before throwing his arm around my shoulder, pulling me closer.

“We have history, Allie.” He whispered, making me feel stupid and sort of unhappy. “Makes her very hesitant about you.” I wanted to roll my eyes, shouting about how nothing was ever going to happen with me and Joe. We had put everything behind us, making us friends. Nothing more. “Just give her a little time, and she’ll warm up to you.”

“After yesterday Joe, I don’t think she’ll trust me in a long time.” I laughed making Joe try and hold back his laughter.

“What was that with you and Nick yesterday?”

“Does it really matter?” I shrugged my shoulders. “You know nothing is going to happen between us. He is my little brother and I’d be disgusting.”

“You said that about me once.” Joe said, making me look at him. “You said nothing was going to happen. But now look at us.”
♠ ♠ ♠
give me some comment please?
i do love you guys though. <3