What About Us?

Six.

Spending almost 6 hours at the beach really takes it out of you. Especially when you have a hyperactive Joe and Frankie from all the sugar sweets they had eaten between the both of them. Joe wanted to swim, and then a walk. And then parasailing. And then swimming again. Apparently, I was the only one suitable for it because everyone else had lived with Joe and experienced it before.

"Nick." Joe whined from his seat in the back of the car. Once again, I was resting my head against my hand, attempting to fall asleep. "Nick. Can you put some music on please?" Nick sighed, before hitting the radio.

We were only 5 minutes away from the house and Joe had become incredibly annoying. He poked Nick in the shoulder most of the way home and then started on me, trying to wake me.

"Joseph! Get lost!" I screamed at him as he pulled my ear hard. I added a slap of the hand to get him to leave me alone. "God, I can't wait for you to crash later." Joe moaned, leaning backwards.

"You two are no fun." He mumbled before opening and closing the windows in the back of the car. I thought Nick was going to kill him when he got back to the house. As we walked through the front door, being the first ones home, we all fell onto one couch in the lounge.

Joe's phone ringing made the three of us wake from our doze. I groaned, throwing my head against the back of the couch. Joe slowly trudged from his place where all the sugar had rushed from his system to my bag on the table.

"Hello?" Joe yawned at the poor unsuspecting person at the end of the phone. "Hey Rose. Yeah, I'm fine. How are you? Good good. No, I'm just a little tired, been at the beach all day and we've only just got in. Me and the family. Mm. No, I didn't forget that we had our suit sittings the day after tomorrow. Yes, I'll remind the boys. Alright, I'll see you soon. Love you too, bye." Joe threw his phone against the opposite couch and fell back onto the couch me and Nick was on.

"We've got suit fittings the day after tomorrow." Joe informed his brother, which made us both laugh. Suddenly, the front door opened, making the three of us jump. "God, mother. Are you planning on giving us a heart attack?" Joe squealed, right in my ear. I squirmed, pushing Joe in the chest.

"Shut it Joe. We brought food." Kevin said, smacking his younger brother in the head. I grinned, before resting my head against Nick's shoulder.

"Family!" Joe once again shouted in my ear. "We've got a suit fitting the day after tomorrow. Well, not you mum, or Danielle. But men, we have a suit fitting." I wanted to laugh at Joe, but I just didn't have the energy. "What is for dinner?" Joe asked getting up and leaving me and Nick alone.

"Why must your brother be so loud?" I asked, closing my eyes softly. 

"Because he was dropped on his head when he was a baby and has never recovered." Suddenly all was heard were footsteps running towards us and then a heavy weight across us.

"I was not!" Joe shouted as both me and Nick tried to roll him off us. "You were!"

"I am sane, Joe. You are just bloody mental." Nick replied, earning a high five from me. We started to giggle as Joe sat on the floor in front of us, pouting. I squeezed his cheeks, laughing at the face he pulled. I climbed off the couch, over Joe's legs and into the kitchen. I smiled at Denise and Danielle, the only 2 in the room. It was the first time since I came that I had been alone with them.

"So." Danielle said, throwing an apple up and catching it. "What happened earlier?" I rolled my eyes at her, but I knew it was coming.

"Simply, me and Joe had a massive blow out and he told me things I didn't expect." I admitted, walking over to the fridge to get a drink.

"And that was?" Denise pressed, being rather excited. I sighed, running my fingers through my hair.

"The reason why we spilt up." Suddenly, I had all the attention of the only Jonas females in this house. Even Danielle had put her apple down to listen. "He told me that he had trusted me too much and he knew that I could ruin him at any point, so he got in before me." Both women stood, gasping at me. "I know, shocked the hell out of me too."

"Oh Allie." Danielle squeaked, wrapping her arms around me. I laughed abit, hugging her back. "Oh Allie." She repeated.

"it's fine." I replied, letting her go. I smiled just to make them believe me a little more. "it's me and Joe, that's the point. that's how it's always going to be." I shrugged. Danielle sighed, letting me go.

"what shall we do with you two? both of you travelled half way across the country-" Denise stopped mid-sentance. I looked over at her, my eyes widening.

"What?" I stuttered. I remember travelling half way across the country, seeing as it was only yesterday. But Joe? He had never come to see me. I looked between the both of them, confused. Denise pushed her hair out of her eyes, nervously while Danielle looked around the kitchen, as if there was something more interesting.

"Is there something I've-" Suddenly, Joe burst through the door, a frown settling on his face as he realised we were talking. "What?" I spat accidentally at him. I was angry that he walked in when we were having a talk.

"Jesus Allie, what's made you a bitch?" Joe asked, getting a slap around the head from Denise for swearing. "I was only wondering about the food, we have 5 hungry men next door waiting for pizza!" I rolled my eyes, picking up a box and shooing Joe into the lounge. Handing him the box, I fell into the gap next to Nick. He laughed, receiving a pizza from Danielle.  I grabbed a slice, feeling overly hungry from today.

"Me and you need to talk, okay?" I hissed in Nick's ear before eating my pizza. Worry covered Nick's face before he nodded his head. I knew if I could get it from anyone, it would be Nick. Poor boy. Eating my slice of pizza, I zoned into the conversation.

"Now, what time are we needed for tomorrow, Joe?" Kevin asked with a mouthful of pizza. Both me and Danielle screwed our nose up. "Cause I really don't want to be woken up early tomorrow to clamber into some suit." 

"Dude, I had to do it for your wedding, remember?" Joe said back, a smirk on his face "So do me a solid! About 9ish? Because I don't know how long it's going to take and then we are going out, yeah?" Crap. I forgot that we had planned to go to this club.

"Boo for you Nicholas. You can't drink." I waved my finger in front of his nose, making everyone laugh.

"I'm going to be the responsible driver, thank you Aleah." I grinned at him as he threw his arm around my shoulder.

"You? Responsible?" I nudged him in the ribs, getting an 'oof' sound from him. We all laughed, sending Nick a deep shade of red. I patted his leg in a comforting kinda way. He pressed a kiss to my temple, making me smile. "Thanks." I replied, getting a squeeze around the shoulders. Glancing around the room briefly, I caught Joe staring at the both of us. I refrained from rolling my eyes at him.

"When you go to this club tomorrow night," Paul said, making me tear my eyes away from Joe and his staring. "Don't go stupid, okay? I know you are young still but me nor Denise are overly fond of vomit." What a beautiful thing to bring up over pizza. Feeling relatively unwell from all the junk food we had today, I finished my slice and left it at that.

"Okay dad." Joe said, sarcastically, rolling his eyes at the same time. I moved out of Nick's grasp, brushing my legs down so the crumb would come off.

"Gotta pee." I announced, smiling at everyone. I ran upstairs and into the toilet. I relieved my bladder and washed my hands. Wandering downstairs, I overheard the voices of the Jonas's.

"If you don't tell her soon, she will go crazy, Nick." Joe's attempt at being quiet wasn't that good. "You know what she will say."

"I know, I know. I just can't find the time to say it." Nick sounded desperate. I creeped even further down the stairs, trying to listen in.

"If she is going to be there tomorrow, you've got to tell her." Kevin's voice was closer than any of else's.

"If you don't, I will." I narrowed my eyebrows at Joe's comment.

"Dude, no. You can't do that." By the tone of Nick's voice, he was getting worked up. So this was my perfect opportunity to make myself known. Skipping down the stairs, I burst into the lounge.

"Hey Danielle." I grinned at her from the other side of the room. Immediately, she knew something was up. "Whilst these go and try on their suits, shall we go shopping? Denise, you're welcome as well." I turned, smiling at her.

"I've got to go and keep these in check, but thanks for the invite sweetie." She smiled back at me.

"Mrs Jonas?" I winked at her. She rolled her eyes at me before nodding.

"I'll pick you up at 11, got it?" I nodded, grinning at her. "Only because you asked so nicely." The sarcasm was trickling out of her mouth. I resisted flipping her off, seeing as Frankie was sitting in the room.

"Do you wanna talk now?" Nick whispered in my ear. I shrugged my shoulders, biting my lip. He nodded, standing up and holding his hand out. I grabbed it and pulled myself off the couch. "We will be back soon."

"Where are you going?" Joe asked, almost immediately.

"We are going upstairs to make-out. Where do you think?" I wanted to laugh at Joe's patheticness before me and Nick walked into his room. Looking around, I remembered everything in his room. The pictures of his family, his friends. Anything to remind him of his career and life.

"Sorry about that comment to Joe. It's just funny to see his face." I laughed, spinning around to see Nick lying on his bed, flat out.

"He is getting...annoyed. Y'know that?" I nodded my head, going over to sit next to him, my thigh pressed up against to his. 

"Yeah, I know all the face of Joseph." I replied. Nick let out a soft chuckle, making me smile. "Why didn't you tell me he came all the way to see me?" My voice was quiet, I wasn't sure Nick heard me until he sat up.

"Because he didn't want you to know." Nick mumbled, rubbing his head. "When he came back, he didn't want to talk about it, so we didn't know what happened. If you'd had a massive row or whatever."

"I didn't even know." I admitted. "If I did..." I stopped. I wouldn't know what I would have done if Joe had shown up on my doorstep after we had broken up. Cry? Slam the door in his face? Kiss him? All these possibilities seemed possible.

"He told us not to tell you that he had made an attempt to see you. He said that you both needed to move on from each other." Nick shrugged. "We just accepted it and then he found Rose and it made him happy. So you weren't mentioned until Joe proposed and then you came up. It was awkward, all us sitting around the table. Mum was the first one to bring you up, if they were going to invite you. And here you are."

"I wish I knew that he had turned up." I rubbed my forehead, lying back on the bed. "I just feel like we could have done something. We could have got somewhere. Not just stuck with what we are."

"You really are something else, aren't you Allie?" I rested on my elbows, looking up at Nick. He smiled back at me. "Joe dumps you. And you want to be friends. You can't hold a grudge for long can you?" I laughed, throwing my head backwards before falling backwards again.

"I don't know, it's me and Joe. We've been friends for a while before we started dating. There was a massive build of trust between us and then we started dating. And then we were together and then we broke up. I dunno, I still trust him."

"If we had told you that Joe had come to see you, I don't think that you would have come here to see him. I know you Allie, you wouldn't have seen him after you broke up. To be honest, I don't think you're over him." Nick stared at me, waiting for an answer.

"He is getting married, Nick. In like a month, what does it matter if over him or not?" I replied, before Nick laid beside me, gripping my hand. "My feelings don't matter in this situation, Nick. Joe loves Rose, not me. And that's how it's going to stay."
♠ ♠ ♠
I don't know how long this is as it's being updated from my iPod :")
But I hope you enjoy it!
x