What About Us?

Eight.

"I can't believe I'm going out with pink toenails." Joe muttered, pulling his socks over his feet. I laughed; after painting my own nails, Joe allowed me to paint his feet. "Thank god I'm wearing shoes."

"It would be weird if you didn't." I said, applying lip gloss. I was ready to go out, Joe however, was still to sort out his hair and put on a shirt. Nick suddenly burst through the door into my room. "Where the hell have you been? I've been stuck with him all day." I threw my thumb over my shoulder at Joe. 

"Afternoon, Allie. You spent the day with Dani." Joe pointed out before walking out of the room.

"Where have you been?" I asked as I slipped on my heels. Standing up, I was just about the same height as Nick. I grinned, resting my hands on my hips.

"Around." He replied, a smirk on his face. "It's the only time you'll be taller than me, Aleah. So enjoy it while you can." I shoved him lightly, making him laugh. 

"Go and get ready, smelly." I said, turning my back to him and looking in the mirror. I caught his eye in the mirror and winked at him. He let out a soft laugh before he walked out the room.

"How do I look?" Joe entered the room, spinning himself around. I laughed, standing up properly. "I'm rocking the shirt/leather jacket combo today. Does it look okay?"

"You are rocking it, Joe. I'll give you that." I brushed my hand against his shoulder, resting it there.

"And you are rocking that dress, Allie." He took my hand off his shoulder, spinning me around in a cheesy fashion.  I laughed, pulling my black dress a little further down.

"You don't think it's too short?" I asked him. His eyes travelled down my body and to my legs were he proceed to stare. I slapped his arm. "Eyes up here solider." He laughed.

"It's fine, Aleah." He mumbled, rubbing his arm where I had slapped him. "You look beautiful!" I grinned at him, pressing my lips against his cheek. His hands rested against my hips, pulling me closer to him. I rested my cheek against his, feeling his warmth. This was wrong. Joe was engaged and here he was, cuddling with his ex.

"Joe." I mumbled, pulling myself away from him. As hard as it was. He held onto my hips, clearly I wasn't far enough away. 

"Sorry Allie." He muttered, his grip around my hips getting tighter. I took a tiny step forward, putting my hands on his shoulders. "You don't seem to be pushing me away, Aleah."

"You've noticed." I whispered. God this was so wrong, Joe was getting married. But I wanted this; I wanted Joe. 

"How's this?" Nick burst through the door, making me and Joe tear away from each other. He glanced between us and then his eyes settled on me.

"You look great Nick." I walked over to him, running my hand across the collar of his shirt. I watched him as he looked over my shoulder at Joe. I bit my lip as he looked back at me, his eyes accusing the both of us. "Please." I mouthed at him, hoping he would understand. He gave me a short nod before storming out. I sucked my bottom lip as I turned to Joe, who just stared at me. "Just leave it." I said, turning away from him and grabbing my clutch bag. I wandered around my room, grabbing money and my phone while Joe watched me.

"Aleah-" He started before I cut him off.

"Joe, just stop there. Don't try and explain it because it just won't work." I tucked my clutch under my arm before walking out. I wandered downstairs, holding into the handrail and into the lounge.

"Look at you!" Denise said, standing up and walking over to me. I grinned at her before dramatically sitting down. Me and heels didn't get along so well sometimes. "Wow Allie, you look beautiful."

"Thanks." I blushed. In walked Nick, who added a blazer to his outfit. I sent him a smile as he sat next to me.

"I have to agree with mum. You look lovely." He threw his arm around my shoulders. I leant back into him, knowing this was his way of letting me know he wasn't going to tell anyone.

"You scrub up well, Nicholas." I laughed. He poked me in the side, making me squirm. Joe walked in, looking like thunder. I sent him an apologetic smile as best as I could before he sat on the couch opposite us. "And you, Joe."

"Thanks." He muttered, pulling out his phone. I resisted rolling my eyes at him. Suddenly the front door swung open, revealing a well dressed Kevin and Dani. I stood up to meet her half way and engulfed her in a hug.

"Negative." She whispered in my ear. I pulled out of the hug, looking at her. She gave me a genuine smile, before turning to Kevin, who did the same. I guess that they were kinda happy about it. "You look smoking gurl." I burst into laughter at her ghetto attempt. 

"You scrub up well." I said, before we both laughed. The three of us wandered back into the lounge, where Denise was taking photos. "It's fine, you'll find them on the Internet tomorrow." I laughed.

"I want one when the five of you don't look grumpy." She said, grabbing me by the arm and making me stand in between Nick and Joe. It turned awkward when both of them went to put their arms around my waist.

"Nope." I said, moving away from both of them. I shuffled along to stand next to Kevin. "If these photos get out somehow, there will be questions if I'm standing with either of them." I announced. Everyone made a noise of agreement and then Denise started snapping photos. I stood, a smile on my mouth as she did.

"I want a photo with Allie." Danielle told Kevin before throwing her phone at him then dragging me to her side. I rolled my eyes at her before smiling and allowing the photos to be taken.

"We should be going, otherwise...well we won't be late." We all looked over at Nick, who looked confused. I laughed and got a glare in return.

"Shotgun." I called as we started to make our way out the house. I think being squashed next to Joe would be a bad idea. We all shuffled towards Nick's SUV and I climbed into the passenger seat. This evening was going to be terrible.

* * *

"And how did they know we were going to be here?" Nick moaned as we drove past the club. Paparazzi were lining the street, waiting. "Okay, I'm going to park around the block and then will have to walk." I pursed my lips, sighing. The cameras always ruined a good night.

"Just be careful tonight guys." Kevin said from the seat behind me. "Don't get so drunk that you can't wall. Just make sure you keep your composure." Nick pulled up in a safe place and we all climbed out the car. I pulled down on my dress again and then we moved into action. Kevin slipped his hand into Danielle's and I smiled. As we all walked around the block and towards the club, the cameras spotted us and then that was it. Lots of shouting and lots of bright lights. I felt a hand on my back, helping me through. I didn't turn to see who it was before we got inside. Through the dark light, I saw Joe.

"Thanks" I smiled at him. He gave me a weak one in return before we got bracelets attached to our wrists, allowing us entry. We made our way to the back of the club and into a round booth. I placed myself in-between Danielle and Joe.

"Drinks?" Kevin pointed at us.

"Beer." Joe said.

"Vodka and coke." I said, smiling. Danielle copied me once more before we turned to Nick.

"Diet coke." He mumbled. We all laughed at him before Kevin went to the bar. The music played loudly and people were all over each other on the dance floor.

"They better play good music here, I'm up for a dance later." I shouted over the music. I looked at the dancefloor and saw some man smiling at me. I smiled back, politely, before looking over at Joe.

"I'm going to help Kev with the drinks." He said, moving out the booth.

"Me too." Nick followed him, leaving me and Dani.

"What on earth is going on?" She said, sitting as close to me as possible.

"Ah man." I rested my hand against my forehead. "Is it obvious?"

"So obvious."

"Basically, Nick walked in on me and Joe..." I stopped. I couldn't think of a suitable word for what me and Joe was doing. "Close." I settled for.

"Right?" She seemed confused.

"I can't explain it, we were just close and he walked in." I shrugged my shoulders and watched the boys bring the drinks over. They all looked pretty pissed at each other. I narrowed my eyebrows and looked at Joe, who handed me my drink. He shook his head, sitting next to me. I took a sip, tasting the alcohol. "Damn." This is what I needed. I leant my head against the back of the booth, smiling. I lifted my head when I saw movement from our table.

"We are off for a dance." Danielle winked at me. I held back swearing at her for leaving me with these two but she had gone by the time I formed any words. I took a massive gulp before turning to Nick and Joe.

"So what's up?" I yelled. The both of them shared a look before Joe looked at me.

"Nick has something to tell you." Joe said, getting up and walking towards the bar. I looked at Nick who had taken up Joe's seat and looking guilty. I guess it was what they had been talking about whenever it was.

"Allie, I know when I tell you this, try not to make a scene. I was going to tell you, I promise. I wanted to do it a few days ago but I didn't have the-" Suddenly a tap on my shoulder distracted me from where the conversation was going.

"Hi." The same bloke who smiled at me from the dance floor was now sitting next to me. I looked over my shoulder at Nick, who was distracted by something. "Daniel." He held his hand out for me to shake it.

"Allie." I shook it, trying to be polite. I glanced over my shoulder to find Nick walking off. So much for saving me. I sighed, turning back to this Daniel bloke. "Hi."

"Hey." I laughed, maybe I was flirting a little. "I'd ask if you want a drink, but clearly you've got one."

"I have." I replied, grabbing hold of it and taking a sip to prove it.

"So what brings you hear?"

"To this club? My friends were coming so I thought I'd tag along." I smiled.

"I'm glad you did." I laughed again, it was just a pathetic line. "Was that your boyfriend?" He nodded his head to where Nick had been sitting.

"Nope." I popped my lips, taking another drink. If I kept drinking like this, I'd be drunk by my third. "Best friend."

"So that means your single?" Daniel asked, smiling at me. I looked over his shoulder to see Joe staring at the both of us. I inwardly sighed before looking at Daniel.

"Yeah." My voice croaked. Not that he would notice, the sound of Nicki Minaj's Superbass. "No boyfriend."

"Well then, Allie." He said, jumping up and holding his hand out to me. "Would you like to dance?" I stared at him before standing up.

"Love to." I said, sliding my hand into his. I threw a look over to Joe who just turned his back to me. I sighed as we took our place on the dance floor. Danielle sent me a worried look and I waved it off. I glanced around to see if I could see Nick, but I couldn't. Daniel grabbed me by my waist, pulling me closer to him. If I was going to carry on like this, I'd need more alcohol.

* * *

After a couple more drinks of which I didn't order, I fell over to the booth where Nick and Joe sat. "What's the time?" I asked, running a hand through my hair.

"9:30." Joe bluntly replied, barely glancing at his watch. I nodded my head, sipping my drink with a straw. I sat back, taking a deep breath and watched Kevin and Danielle dance. They seemed to be getting closer and closer, if it was possible.

"Look at them, all happy." I grinned back at my two boys. "Shh." I pushed Joe to cover me and managed to squeeze myself between the both of them. "Don't let him see me." I hissed at them.

"Why?" Nick asked, narrowing his eyebrows.

"Because he is all over me dude." I replied, ducking slightly. "It's disgusting. He is all handsy." I groped the air with my hands. The both of them burst into laughter, leaning against each other for air. "Shut up, he really was!"

"We know, we were watching." Suddenly Kevin and Danielle slid in, joining the conversation.

"He was all over you, he would have taken you right there." Danielle said, smirking.

"Speaking of taking you right there, you two were getting quite frisky." I replied, smirking back at her. She stuck her tongue out at me, before snuggling under Kevin's arm.

"We are aloud to, we're married!" Kevin replied, taking a sip out of his beer.

"Err...I'll be back in a second." Nick mumbled before climbing past me and Joe. I watched him as he started to walk towards the door and wrap his arm around some blonde haired girl. I narrowed my eyebrows before turning to look at Joe.

"Who is that?" I asked, looking back at Nick then Joe again. "Joe." I repeated when he didn't reply. I watched him as he looked over my shoulder, which I then did. Nick and this girl were making their way over to us, their hands clamped together. Slowly, things started to clock into my head. Nick and this girl. The hug, the hand holding, where he had been all day. "He has a girlfriend?" I turned to the three people who were staring at me. "How long?"

"We shall leave you. C'mon guys." Kevin moved out of the booth, Joe and Danielle following. I watched at Nick ad this girl stood in front of me.

"Allie, this is Gabby. My..." He stopped, glancing over at Gabby, who looked scared as hell. "Girlfriend." I stood up, being the same height as Nick, but taller than the other girl. "Gab, this is my best friend, Aleah."

"Hi." She whispered. Even with the music blaring, almost killing my eardrums, I could tell she was nervous. I looked at her, then to Nick.

"How long?" Nick opened his mouth but she got in quicker.

"3 months." The both of us looked at her and she shrugged her shoulders. "It's taken you this long to tell her, she deserves to know." I made some attempt to smile at her, but I was furious at Nick. He didn't have the guts to tell me, his best friend. "I'm going to get myself a drink." And with that, she wandered off.

"Nick." I laughed angrily, shaking my head. "Just wow." I glanced around the room, Kevin and Danielle were dancing again and Joe was up the bar, talking to Gabby. "That's low, even for your standards. God, how could I be so stupid?" I muttered, grabbing my purse. I pulled at my dress before moving past him. He grabbed my arm, spinning me around. I stared him out whilst his brain formed words.

"Where are you going?" He asked me. I shook my head, pulling myself out of his grip.

"Anywhere. Just away from you." I spat at him. I was angry, really angry. How could he lie to me? Call me his best friend and not tell me things. I walked out of the club, wrapping my arms around myself. I had enough money for a cab back to the Jonas's, but I didn't want to because I knew Nick would just follow me. I was glad the paparazzi weren't outside as a coat was draped around my shoulders. I turned to see Joe standing next to me, in just his shirt; his leather jacket wrapped around me. "Did you know?" I asked, my voice quiet. I looked at Joe, who nodded his head. "Jesus Joe, why didn't you tell me?"

"It wasn't my secret to tell." He replied, turning into me. "I was going to tell you, if he didn't. It wasn't fair to you, Allie." I pushed my hair out of my eyes.

"I don't want to go back there Joe." I told him, slipping my arms into my jacket. "Because it won't be too long before Nick shows up and I really don't want to face him tonight."

"C'mon." He grabbed me by the wrist, tugging me towards the road and hailing down a cab. He pushed me into it, sliding into the seat next to me. He told the driver an address I didn't recognise and we sped off.

"Joe." I said as we went down an unrecognisable road. "Where are we going?"

"To mine. You didn't want to go back there so we can go back to mine." I smiled at him and rested my head against the window, wishing I haven't come to LA.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh no.