‹ Prequel: No More
Status: Epilogue to my one short from before. Please check out the prequel before reading this! :)

No More

Epilogue

It's especially rainy today. I can practically take a shower in this down pour. It's been a year and yet I still find myself back here. Right here in Caleon's woods. Evelyn decided she'd bury him here - right under the great oak tree where we first met.

A Latin epitaph, Semper Vivens, is engraved on his headstone - always alive. Evelyn thought it was something he'd like.

Every time I come here, I can feel him. He is the oak and the wind, the brook some 2 miles away and the green Aspen trees - the scent carried on the wind.

"Hi Caleon," I smile.

Nothing much has changed since then; although probably, a lot has. I've learned not to cry. Caleon always hated tears.

Can you hear the rustling of the leaves? Yeah, that's Caleon alright. I can just hear his laughing In the distance.

"How's our boy doing?" asks Cadence. I can almost hear her smile.
"I don't know really. You interrupted us."
She huffs in mock offense, "Why it seems like you guys don't want me here."

Cadence has changed in the past year as well. After Caleon's death, she's become a lot more... nicer. She still retains her view that all men should drop off the face off the earth - well except one. Surprisingly, my boy Seth and her. Yup. Kudos to imprinting perfection.

A smile finds itself onto my face.
"Come now Caleon," she jokes as she rubs the head stone, "tell your sister you love her." If you know Cadence, you'd know that she hates melodrama. So every day, we meet up. She makes it into a little family time. Just to remain... positive.

Actually, Cadence was the one that taught me mourning isn't the only thing to death. She says that Caleon would love it more for me to celebrate him and everything he gave me. I think she's right.

Love has an odd way of things doesn't it? After all this time, I still love him. I think some part of me believes that he's still here. That part of me could very well be right though. Caleon was a remarkable man.

"Jacob! Stop daydreaming and tell Caleon to talk to me!"
"I dunno. He's been pretty quiet today."
She hugs me suddenly, her umbrella tossed carelessly onto the ground. "I- I miss him."
"Same here Cay - same here."

Silence suddenly falls - the rain stops. I don't know how but it seems like every time I get overly sad, the world sighs in unison. I guess it's Caleon's way of saying that he's at peace.

"Well then, if he's not talking to me, we should go to the diner. And if our boy smartens up, maybe he'll get coffee."
"I'll catch up." I say. She picks up her umbrella and leaves without a word.

"You probably get tired of me, don't you? And you probably know that I miss you right? I'll always love you. Forever and a day."

I can feel the wind change. The soft warm waves of it caress me. I swear I can feel his delicate touch. I close my eyes.

To this day, I have to force myself to leave. It gets a little less hard each time though - and Cadence says it does. A whole year. If you think about it though, that's not an awful long tine.

I have the memories to keep me company. I have you here. I can come anytime. You're always here, and I'll always come visit. One day - maybe - we'll be reunited. One day we'll have our happy ending, but till then, I love you Caleon. Forever and a day.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am alive! And I'm back. Sorry for my hiatus but I got major writers block. (By the way I changed my user name. It was formerly xxAngelWriterxx) Thank you so much for reading and I hope you liked this! I wrote it this morning around 3 am so if there are any spelling/ grammar errors, I will get to them at a later day. Again, I hope you enjoyed this and I have decided to make this into a story. You know the ending but the story... oh the story. Anyways, this is what my main project is going to be! Give me feedback. Whether you liked it or not.